✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Much Music, Toronto

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guysss!

I'm thinking of making a sign that says " I'll give $100 to Oxfam if we switch watches" b/c i have the same watch ish as chris

is that a good idea or should i say something else? may throw in a chocolate bar :p

and do you think ill be allowed to take a sign in?

I would bring a can of maple syrup, or something else Canadian :)

But good idea, it's worth a try.

So after looking at the scan above, I am somewhat confused, when it says Queen Street Gates, is that the gate onto the lot? For people like me that did not get a wristband, does that mean we squoosh against the fence to watch? Or does that mean that to even get onto Queen Street near Much Music, you need a wristband? I have class from 7-10pm, and I should not miss it but man, it's COLDPLAY:rockstar: ! And who knows when they are coming back to Toronto for a proper concert? Screw it, I'd never forgive myself if I missed it. Watching it on TV and watching it, even peripherally, in person, man, there is no comparison. :D

It's at the gate of the parking lot I believe. We didn't wait for wristbands just to be allowed onto Queen Street. That would suck..if you come late though thats all you will get.

My ipod/comp shows Wednesday as sunny and rain on thurs. Perhaps we might get light showers later in the night but we should be alright.

Ok, but if by some cruel twist of fate I cannot get one ( and I am seriously planning on making tomorrow Coldplay Day :D and get there early to get a better chance at a wristband. ) will we still be able to, if not have a perfect view, at least still be in the general area to watch the concert?

Now to figure out how early I should get there, maybe if I get there by 11 A.M. they will have a non-wristband line ( if not maybe I can get them to create one with me at the front :D )

Good lord, I am positively giddy about tomorrow. Even if I cannot get into the area to see them, just to be able to hear them live and not live via youtube or my television, to have that transcendental experience of hearing them live...

Fair warning to anyone near me, I will get absolutely crazy. I am apologizing in advance. What can I say, hearing Coldplay live, it is as close to Heaven as I am ever going to get :D

Edit: Is there any way to contact Much so I can know if going early without a wristband is going to do anything? I am ready willing and able to go early even if only to get a good view outside the area the concert will be in.

Hey all!

Need to head out soon so no time to read posts from the last little bit so sorry if anyone has already answered any of this...

I've been using twitter, etc. today back and forth with Much and Rogers in between projects at work, lol, and just wanted to share the following info I have been given:

- There are two separate gates: One for WBO tickets (Rogers) and one for wristbands (Queen Street).

- The Rogers gate opens at 5:45pm and WBO ticket holders have a full hour advantage on grabbing spots, as wristbanders are not given entry until 6:45pm. This is excellent news for people like me that have to work 'til 5pm! No need to rush (unless you're keen on front row I suppose) as as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a bad view in a crowd of less than 400 people ;).

- At 7:30pm Much will be opening the gate to people off the street so if you have a WBO ticket or a wristband get there before then or else you will likely lose your guaranteed good to decent view.

- Queen Street doesn't officially close until 7:30pm so if you're planning on heading down without a ticket you may want to keep that in mind.

- You are allowed to bring one disposable water bottle into the gates, however the cap will be removed upon entry.

Hope I'm not forgetting anything! I'm going to try to get a glimpse of the stage if I have time tonight, and will try to post pics later if I do!

GET EXCITED! THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE INCREDIBLE SHOW!!!!

Can't wait to hear "Paradise" live, and sincerely hoping they play "Everything's Not Lost" as I've noticed they have been lately!

Ok, but if by some cruel twist of fate I cannot get one ( and I am seriously planning on making tomorrow Coldplay Day :D and get there early to get a better chance at a wristband. ) will we still be able to, if not have a perfect view, at least still be in the general area to watch the concert?

Now to figure out how early I should get there, maybe if I get there by 11 A.M. they will have a non-wristband line ( if not maybe I can get them to create one with me at the front :D )

Good lord, I am positively giddy about tomorrow. Even if I cannot get into the area to see them, just to be able to hear them live and not live via youtube or my television, to have that transcendental experience of hearing them live...

Fair warning to anyone near me, I will get absolutely crazy. I am apologizing in advance. What can I say, hearing Coldplay live, it is as close to Heaven as I am ever going to get :D

Edit: Is there any way to contact Much so I can know if going early without a wristband is going to do anything? I am ready willing and able to go early even if only to get a good view outside the area the concert will be in.

HEY!!

One of my friends can't go and I've won a pair of wristbands last week! Which means I have an extra! If you would like, you can have it!

I was just planning on giving it to a coldplay-fan-stranger while I was in line but I gotta help out my coldplaying peeps! Hahah! :D

I love you SWEET Coldplay.

HEY!!

One of my friends can't go and I've won a pair of wristbands last week! Which means I have an extra! If you would like, you can have it!

I was just planning on giving it to a coldplay-fan-stranger while I was in line but I gotta help out my coldplaying peeps! Hahah! :D

^^^That is so nice of you. I wish I had that luck! I want a wristband so bad...I've entered I dont know how many much music contest. Hahah. I'm still showing up tomorrow though!

Any advice on what time?? I dont have a wristband...or ticket...obviously, so im wondering if ill be able to get a good view. Im taking the train from London and really hope I get to see something, even if i dont at least hear their magical music. Id love that so muchhhh.

Ugh my luck for not winning any contests ever raaaaaaaaaaaawr.

The 'light' showers have turned into more rain and actual thunderstorms. They better not cancel the concert, but can't be safe for all of us out there, right?

Anyone know what Much Music's policy is on these things? I will be SOO bummed if this doesn't work out. :(

thunderstorms.[/size] They better not cancel the concert, but can't be safe for all of us out there, right?

Anyone know what Much Music's policy is on these things? I will be SOO bummed if this doesn't work out. :(

Damnit, if I drive 8 hours, I actually want to see the show! Now I'm worried... :S

Hey all!

Need to head out soon so no time to read posts from the last little bit so sorry if anyone has already answered any of this...

- The Rogers gate opens at 5:45pm and WBO ticket holders have a full hour advantage on grabbing spots, as wristbanders are not given entry until 6:45pm. This is excellent news for people like me that have to work 'til 5pm! No need to rush (unless you're keen on front row I suppose) as as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a bad view in a crowd of less than 400 people ;).

---

Hey

Thanks for posting all the info. Do you know if they will be checking ID to make sure the phone or info entered when you got the Rogers tix matches the person entering? I used my friends phone number (I don't have Rogers) and they can't come now. I was wondering if she fwded me the text if that would work as entry?

Yeah, should for sure work. It said you could forward your tickets when I got mine. Don't worry. They want photo ID to make sure people are of the appropriate age and aren't going to try anything funny, maybe they'll scan our drivers licenses like night clubs do. Its all good.

HEY!!

Sent you a PM, omg, I think my heart might explode! :D

Edit: I am willing to get socked to the skin to wait in line, whats a little hypothermia when the love that will be there from all those Coldplay fans, OMG I need to breath :D