September 9, 201115 yr It's apparently Roman numeral for 2009. I just wanna know if it has any relevance to the album or song. Damn you for posting this btw
September 9, 201115 yr Author It's apparently Roman numeral for 2009. I just wanna know if it has any relevance to the album or song. Damn you for posting this btw Sorry about that :P What it's really tied to the album? It's a mystery we have not heard that name until now ...
September 9, 201115 yr Hmm, maybe it's a reference to the inauguration of Obama? death of Micheal Jackson split of Oasis
September 9, 201115 yr Wasn't 2009 when LP5 was originally slated for release, before being scrapped/delay? I'm sure i remember chris saying he wanted to end the decade by releasing an album in December 2009
September 9, 201115 yr I think the most logical thing is that it means 2009, probably in reference to the year that song was written.
September 9, 201115 yr In My Place inspired coldplay to make another go at it for LP2... maybe MMIX was the birth of the whole "graffiti/white rose movement" inspiration? Maybe tribute to MJ, like the other coldplayer said. i dunno
September 9, 201115 yr X stands for Xylobrytes, I'm calling it now. Other things to think about: 1. All the little MX's in the artwork 2. The big shiny M 3. The word "madness" that scrolls across the screen in POC.
September 9, 201115 yr It's because that was the year of my first Coldplay concert. :nod: Exactly two years ago today, actually. 09/09/09. Sigh... A great day to announce the tracklist.
September 9, 201115 yr I don´t think it´s roman numeral, otherwise it would be written MMIX, not M.M.I.X. I think it´s another cryptic acronym...
September 9, 201115 yr I think the most logical thing is that it means 2009, probably in reference to the year that song was written. Maybe it's like 42 and is only used for the title. I bet you're right.
September 9, 201115 yr It's because that was the year of my first Coldplay concert. :nod: Exactly two years ago today, actually. 09/09/09. Sigh... A great day to announce the tracklist. Yes! Agreed! I was there, too! :D
September 9, 201115 yr Maybe it means absolutely nothing.. remember a little song called 42 from a little record called Viva La Vida?
September 9, 201115 yr Um, 42 isn't a meaningless title... In fact, it is the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything! It's far from meaningless!
Create an account or sign in to comment