✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My only worry...

iPsy

...Is that we know too much!

Obviously we heard ETIAW and Major Minus back in June. We will be hearing Paradise next week, and MX, Hurts Like Heaven, UATW, Charlie Brown, PoC have been heard at festivals and apparently Up In Flames and DLIBYH are being added to the tour setlist along with paradise...that means that we have already heard 10 of the 14 songs that are on the album!

What I enjoyed about VLV was the fact that (if I'm not mistaken) we had only heard 3 songs: Viva La Vida, Violet Hill and the acoustic version of Lost before the album came out, so were there tons of new songs to hear completely for the first time...it won't be the same for MX!

If I am right about DLIBYH and Up In Flames being debuted live before the release of the album, I think I will steer clear of listening to them before the album is released...I want more of an experience when I first listen to the album!

What does everyone else think about this?

At first I was kinda upset about this, but I am maybe beginning to come around and see it as just a gigantic foreplay on their part. We get served morsels of this and that to whet our appetite, until we are absolutely drooling for the complete album! I must say I don´t mind it anymore as much as I did. By the time we get MX in our hands we will be so hyped that we will probably forget all the songs we have already heard :)

Maybe you are right but when we heard the songs back in june we had our moment to enjoy this new songs like enjoying new songs. We don't have that pleasure with the release of the new album but we already had our new-song moment for the songs we have already heard

Yes I see your point. I hope this endless teasing though will result in an even greater appreciation of the final work, once in our hands, plus let´s not forget that we only heard two songs as studio versions (well three with Paradise). That´s not bad, having another 11 brand new studio versions waiting for us.

...Is that we know too much!

Obviously we heard ETIAW and Major Minus back in June. We will be hearing Paradise next week, and MX, Hurts Like Heaven, UATW, Charlie Brown, PoC have been heard at festivals and apparently Up In Flames and DLIBYH are being added to the tour setlist along with paradise...that means that we have already heard 10 of the 14 songs that are on the album!

What I enjoyed about VLV was the fact that (if I'm not mistaken) we had only heard 3 songs: Viva La Vida, Violet Hill and the acoustic version of Lost before the album came out, so were there tons of new songs to hear completely for the first time...it won't be the same for MX!

If I am right about DLIBYH and Up In Flames being debuted live before the release of the album, I think I will steer clear of listening to them before the album is released...I want more of an experience when I first listen to the album!

What does everyone else think about this?

I understand your worry. I am not going to listen to UIF and DLIBYH from the festivals so half of the album is still unheard until 24 oct

I agree . I kind of wish they would've left most of them a mystery, but I have only heard Charlie Brown, Hurts like Heaven, ETIAW, Us Against the World, and Major Minus and that snippet of Paradise. Which are only six, and thats all I'm listening to till Oct 24th. I promised myself. So if you want it to be a mystery, then don't listen to anymore :wacky:

for all u guys worrying about the spoiling of the album, ponder this:

First time you heard Yellow, regardless if it was 10 years ago or 1 year ago, its not going to take away from the song. Its still Yellow. Its not "Oh I heard it before the album came out, so its not as special or enjoyable to me."

The point I'm trying to make is: its the actual SONG that matters. Not WHEN you hear it first.:wink3:

for all u guys worrying about the spoiling of the album, ponder this:

First time you heard Yellow, regardless if it was 10 years ago or 1 year ago, its not going to take away from the song. Its still Yellow. Its not "Oh I heard it before the album came out, so its not as special or enjoyable to me."

The point I'm trying to make is: its the actual SONG that matters. Not WHEN you hear it first.:wink3:

You got a point there! I guess most of us associate that fresh heard-it-first feeling with the day of release...ah so many fond memories! But you are absolutely right: if a song is great, it will always be great, regardless :)

Eventhough I do understand the point of view of the ppl who want to hear the new material on their first hearing of the album, I don't share it. I really couldn't care less if they had already played all the songs or haven't played any, I just care about quality and great live performances.