✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What if...

Mark

There's talk of shorts and instrumentals.

This precedes Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall has a very ambient beginning. Like a short Violet Hill.

Anyone else think that the rest of that Violet Hill-esque intro is in fact MMIX?

I'd like to think it's around 30-40 seconds long with Eno synths, Johnny with echoey guitar and an alien-like vocoder (to fit the theme) repeating the letters "MMIX".

If this is seen as a concept album of two halfs, maybe the "Alien sounds" suggest the oncoming invasion. Almost like ETIAW is the last REAL happy chapter. They're allready on their way :shocked2:

P.S. Anyone else think someone will die at the end of the story? DLIBYH and UWTB to me suggest someone gets killed and then the last track is about hevaven, hence UP with the birds, like up above...

Like what? I'm curious.

Patrick Wolf's The Magic Position has about 4, Parklife has 3, though it's quite older now. Same with Writer's Block and Falling Out by Peter Bjorn and John. Bryn by Vampire Weekend on their debut is only 2 minutes long, and Shorter Shorter and Kingston are both songs by Field Music, both under two minutes and both near the middle of the album. 'Chinese Bombs', 'We've Got A File On You', 'Ernold Same', 'Intermission' and 'Interlude' are all on Blur albums. And then there's 'Parachutes', by a band called Coldplay. All of them are great albums!

I was thinking on the bus today, "what if a the end of the song before ETIAW the begining notes were maybe being played in the background. Or maybe even the character from the album could be listening to I go to Rio in the backround on a radio and it would eentually morpth into ETIAW, if you know what I mean. The Who did that on Quadrophenia, I think it would be really cool. Probally won't happen but yeah.

I think it'll be the outro to UATW, leading into ambience (maybe the same as the live intro, maybe a little different) then into ETIAW's intro.

This.

Although what I'd like to hear is Chris Martin farting into a microphone for 15 minutes, just so I could see the fangirls proclaim it as genius.

This.

Although what I'd like to hear is Chris Martin farting into a microphone for 15 minutes, just so I could see the fangirls proclaim it as genius.

If Chris Martin got away with selling millions of records containing a fart-song, I'd call him a genius.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:thumbsup:

THE HARDEST FART

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

TOTAL LOL!

:lol::lol:

It will be hard to forget that joke :D I'm even setting my mood to ROFLOL

See I haven't heard an alien-esque intro, but that's the sort of thing I expect.

^ I haven't heard one either; just the fading Fix You piano :thinking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdG72R0PvgU]Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall recorded live at Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

^Yep, the intro to ETIAW is NOT Fix You fading out because Fix You is in a different key to begin with. It wouldn't make sense musically.

Anyways, I think it will be an instrumental with an additional twist - it will probably include the funny looping repeating guitar at the end of UATW (live). The little bit at the very end where Chris plays the last chord and bends a string, and then it echoes a bunch of times before they jump into Politik. I think MMIX will have that.