✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UIF WORLD DEBUT - watch the video

prospekt#42

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard the first verse, I was thinking that this was going to be a classic. It may still be, but something about the chorus doesn't sound right... yet. I HOPE that the falsetto was just because Chris defaulted to what he knows best when performing... for some reason, it sticks out on this track as a range that Chris can't seem to sing comfortably in. Damn, because up to the chorus it was perfect.

It's Jay-Z my man. Best rapper out there, :cool: And about the only one worth listening in my opinion.

The reactions to this song tell me one thing: just about none of you are able to be pleased. :P

I agree, I'm more of a Coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol person but Jay-Z is probably the only rapper i enjoy listening to. I'm sure there's others as good though :) but he is very good in my opinion and i don't dislike him at all in Lost! in the Prospects March version. Do you? :D

I'm resisting watching the whole of the video because I've heard so many of the songs from the album that I feel like hardly any of them are going to be 'new' to me when the album is actually released. I skipped to about half way through the video though and listened to about thirty seconds before struggling to stop listening. What I did hear though was amazing. It gave me a feeling that only a few songs (all of which were written by Coldplay) ever have. This song is beautiful!

In my opinion, this song sort of reminds me of 'No Distance Left to Run' by Blur:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFIr4SlRGg]Blur (The Best Of) - No Distance Left To Run - YouTube[/ame]

They have a similar tempo, and seem to be about more or less the same thing: both start with the line "It's over..." and seem to be about breaking up with a loved one. They may not sound too much the same, but if you replaced the guitar in NDLTR with piano, im sure the two would be very similar :D

anyone else see the similarities? :wink3:

In my opinion, this song sort of reminds me of 'No Distance Left to Run' by Blur.

They have a similar tempo, and seem to be about more or less the same thing: both start with the line "It's over..." and seem to be about breaking up with a loved one. They may not sound too much the same, but if you replaced the guitar in NDLTR with piano, im sure the two would be very similar :D

anyone else see the similarities? :wink3:

Great find!

Exactly what I thought after hearing "Up in flames" for the first time. That "It's over..." line, the whole break-up theme.

Pity "No distance left to run" is so heartfelt and haunting whereas "Up in flames" is shallow and bland.

Truth is Damon Albarn wrote that song after a real break up with his girlfriend, so that's where the soul comes from. It may sound trite but sometimes to convey this kind of emotion you need to really feel something. "Up in flames" is just a part of the story told in Mylo Xyloto, hence the detachment, the lack of real pathos in the (few) lyrics and in CM's delivery. But good for him, it means everything's fine at home! :)

Listened to the song once because I couldn't resist. I found it quite boring. As some other people have stated, even though it's back to basics with just the guys, a simple song needs to have a good foundation. This song just isn't cutting it. So far (I'll reserve my full judgement until I hear the album) this is actually my least favorite that we have heard so far during this era. My favorites are Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven.

It actually makes me a little sad because listening to No Distance Left To Run oooze with soul and honest emotion it's painfully clear what's missing from a lot of this new stuff, a little integrity, a bit of feeling. It's what people connected with in Parachutes and A Rush.

So, when people moan a groan, its not that they want Trouble v.2 or The Scientist (Revisited). They want music, plain and simple, with soul and honesty. Something CP used to excel in. Not: I turn the music on, got my records on.

Give me real, don't give me fake.

Having said that, I actually really like this song ha, just that No Distance is so powerful it made me remember what music is all about.