✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UIF WORLD DEBUT - watch the video

prospekt#42

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful really.

This song is for all people in this forum exagerating..

The singles must be radio frendly and catchy. This song is real Coldplay.

It's just 1 song, don't exagerate. The other songs are from coldplay too, you know?

First opinion: It's very decent and sounds good but I need the studio version. I like the simplicity and sounds ok live. Hope they don't ruin it with studio effects. I've never been a fan of Chris' high voice though :lol:

Wow... it really had that crushing weight to it, the feeling that you get when you know somethings over. Just wish I could hear the lyrics better I want to hear what Johnny, Will and Guy are singing at the end and the rest of what chris is singing he sounded a bit pitchy, maybe nerves?

I actually don't hate this! :stunned: That only took...what? 7 songs off the album for me to genuinely like something off it? :laugh3: (since the only other one was the now-B-side MTM)

Seriously, this sounds like something off X&Y, which isn't Coldplay's best but something I will GLADLY take at this point.

Up In Flames

Us Against The World

Hurts Like Heaven

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

vs

ETIAW

Paradise

yeeeeah, I think it's more than one song actually.

Yeah but even if they release 12 good songs + 2 bad songs the bad songs ruin the experience :nod:. Also they kind of ruined MM with the studio version so I think I'll wait to have an opinion about MX and the songs we've just heard live.

Aaaand I think that leaving MTM off the album was wrong :blank: such a good song

I don't want to be the one to break the trend here but I'm not enjoying this track at all. For me it fits into the same category as Paradise, a boyband sounding song that would better suit an annoying female vocal. I can only imagine the album version having the life sucked out of it by overproduction. It's not an awful song but it hardly restores my faith in Mylo Xyloto. I have to say I prefer Paradise, honestly. :sick:

Still, I'll give it a few more listens and reserve judgement for the final mix of the song.

Up In Flames

Us Against The World

Hurts Like Heaven

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

vs

ETIAW

Paradise

yeeeeah, I think it's more than one song actually.

I hate Major Minus, I don't really get the love for Hurts Like Heaven, and Charlie Brown is decent but not too special IMO. I'm reserving judgment on Us Against the World just because that was done acoustically live and may end up radically different on record.

So between 1 and 3 at this point for me.

Aaaand I think that leaving MTM off the album was wrong :blank: such a good song

Bingo.

I agree that one or two bad songs doesn't kill a whole album. That's why I still enjoy X&Y in spite of a couple skippable tracks. But by the same token, one or two good songs doesn't salvage a terrible album.

I will obviously still listen to the album in full, but this little light here doesn't bury much of my pessimism.