✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The back of Chris' shirt at ACL: "CAR KIDS"

ctb1793

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Car Kids used to be the name for Charlie Brown. They probably went through a few name ideas for that song. (Including Cartoon Heart).

No, I don't think so. In an interview from the Viva era Chris said they had written a great new song called Car Kids and it was about old people complaining about the youth.

Charlie Brown isn't about that, so I am certain Car Kids is an entirely new song. Where is it? Who knows. The band has stacks of stuff written on them about Moving To Mars, and that isn't on the album - so it is possible they made their clothing with Car Kids all over it and later removed it from the album.

^Source?

How am I supposed to find the specific interview on youtube? There are thousands. It's there though, trust me. It was done just after Prospekt's March was released and it's Chris and Jonny sitting on a couch with a Propekt's March backdrop behind them.

Sorry, that's the best I can do. I'm sure someone on here knows where to find it. I first saw it linked on the forums somewhere.

How am I supposed to find the specific interview on youtube? There are thousands. It's there though, trust me. It was done just after Prospekt's March was released and it's Chris and Jonny sitting on a couch with a Propekt's March backdrop behind them.

Sorry, that's the best I can do. I'm sure someone on here knows where to find it. I first saw it linked on the forums somewhere.

Yes, I saw this too. I am not sure where it is, I forget. But it is there, and Car Kids is an entirely different song.

The only reason I want Car Kids is because it's the name of a COLDPLAY SONG.

Meaning its a song by Coldplay. It could be called Tar Figs, and I'd want it. Because I'm a greedy Coldplay fan.

Considering its prominent usage, it must show up at least lyrically in another song. Is that a lyric in Charlie Brown? I guess I heard something else but I think I know when that would be.

Personally, I would love an EP called Car Kids. Even if it was just it and two live tracks or something else.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY WILL THERE BE HIDDEN TRACKS. While that is an overstatement, anyone with sense would realize 14 tracks is the limit. It'd be too long otherwise.

That said, I have to imagine they've finished at least three or four songs that didn't make the album cut for one reason or another. Great Expectations is one of those songs we know is finished, because they uploaded it to that music writers website. I bet we see an EP or b-sides with the next singles.

Car Kids with the Charlie Brown single might make sense. Great Expectations with Princess of China (you must all be resigned to the fact that the song with Rihanna is going to be a single, right?).

The only reason I want Car Kids is because it's the name of a COLDPLAY SONG.[/size][/u][/b]

Meaning its a song by Coldplay. It could be called Tar Figs, and I'd want it. Because I'm a greedy Coldplay fan.

Considering its prominent usage, it must show up at least lyrically in another song. Is that a lyric in Charlie Brown? I guess I heard something else but I think I know when that would be.

Personally, I would love an EP called Car Kids. Even if it was just it and two live tracks or something else.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY WILL THERE BE HIDDEN TRACKS. While that is an overstatement, anyone with sense would realize 14 tracks is the limit. It'd be too long otherwise.

That said, I have to imagine they've finished at least three or four songs that didn't make the album cut for one reason or another. Great Expectations is one of those songs we know is finished, because they uploaded it to that music writers website. I bet we see an EP or b-sides with the next singles.

Car Kids with the Charlie Brown single might make sense. Great Expectations with Princess of China (you must all be resigned to the fact that the song with Rihanna is going to be a single, right?).

Yes and yes. :nod: :nod:

^Source?

That was me. Here you go :kiss::

http://www.20min.ch/videotv/?channel_id=8&video_id=14917

Somewhere around 11 minutes left.

Car Kids is a song.

It won't be on MX as a hidden track. Maybe it's merged with another song. Maybe it's a b-side.

I can understand people being excited about MX, but endlessness talking about something you know absolutely nothing about is not only illogical, but annoying and ultimately pointless. At least that coldplayer guy was mildly amusing due to him obviously being a troll. There's precisely nothing positive to gain from constantly reading posts about the same thing over and over again followed by an unnecessary number of exclamation marks.

I had something else in this post, but then I thought it was ignorant.

EDIT: So I'm gonna put this collection of smiley faces instead.

:):happy::angel::freak::confused::cowboy::crown::P:cool::cool::cool::shocked2::rolleyes::dozey: :goofy: :shocked3::uhoh::uhoh::hippy::smoking::smoking: :surprised: :singer::disappointed::thumbsdown::clap::srs: :huskyhug: :nod::ninja::phu::dazzled:

:vuvuzela:

:happy: :hug: :policeman:

:crown:

this[/url].

I'm going to remove inappropriate posts, as well as follow-up posts which quote the inappropriate posts.

Once this thread is re-opened, please keep the Forum Guidelines in mind. Thank you.

edit: Thread re-opened.

I apologise for the part I played in this!

Question: Below is a post you deleted. How is this inappropriate?

Just wondering, because I obviously do not understand the rules. :confused:

That post was not inappropriate in and of itself, but as I mentioned I removed the entire series of posts related to what was happening.

Now this just looks out of place. mmmkay :tongue:

South Park rules \m/

That post was not inappropriate in and of itself, but as I mentioned I removed the entire series of posts related to what was happening.

Now this just looks out of place. mmmkay :tongue:

South Park rules \m/

Mmkay

Can I put it again?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRn603zQy0FwdY_829EoW0OS1DYpPAf-BNsYlLUye7UCQLgYpz

I deleted it on the other page because I thought I sounded like a douche. Mmkay.