✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 20 songs played?? That's disappointing!! Well you can't really count Mylo xyloto! I don't know what's going on with bands today! Who much for a standing ticket to these gigs?? Probably between 50-70 quid! And u only get 19 songs!!! They shouldve at least played 23-24!!! Theyve got the back catalogue!!! We was getting 19 songs for the rush of blood tour!!!

Had such a brilliant time last night! The arena looked so beautiful with thousands of colourful wristbands all flashing in time to the music. Unluckily my mum's didn't work, and mine was faulty so it just glowed feebly all night instead of flashing - it's still lit up beside my bed! Charlie Brown is becoming one of my favourites live, so good. Was up in the rafters so couldn't have a proper good sing and dance, but thankfully everyone stood up from Viva onwards so I didn't have to sit down for too long! Bring on June at the Etihad :D

just a quick flyiong visit as my mum's still here! have uploaded the photos, and as usual mainly blurry but there are some alright ones. am particularly pleased with the lasers & wristband combos :D

will write a proper review later, but initial thoughts:

purple lasers bash green lasers into the ground and squish them - the green lasers in Clocks from years ago have always remained one of my favourite things, but the purple lasers were immense.

also, the lasers in clocks were more complicated than the usual flat line across the arena ones, they were coming from different angles and criss-crossing (willl upload the photo later)

Charlie Brown exceeded expectations. i love that song and was expecting big things, and it didn't disappoint. I was jumping in the seated area, which ok probably isn't the safest thing to be doing but I couldn't help it, plus Chris told me to so it would have been rude to refuse :lol:

i'll be back later, hopefully a little more coherently

Had such a brilliant time last night! The arena looked so beautiful with thousands of colourful wristbands all flashing in time to the music. Unluckily my mum's didn't work, and mine was faulty so it just glowed feebly all night instead of flashing - it's still lit up beside my bed! Charlie Brown is becoming one of my favourites live, so good. Was up in the rafters so couldn't have a proper good sing and dance, but thankfully everyone stood up from Viva onwards so I didn't have to sit down for too long! Bring on June at the Etihad :D

it may be faulty, but its doing better than everyone else's! :D as we came out the MEN doors all the bands around were stopping flashing

coldplaying

#MENarena #coldplay #manchester how much did marina pay to hire coldplay's ramp'o'love?

coldplaying

Speaking of the ramp, why make it so long for poor hoppy on crutches, that cruelty! #manchester #coldplay

:laugh3:

poor hoppy must have traversed the ramp'o'love about 2 or 3 times. the rest of the time he looked to be propped against the stair rail issuing instructions :D

Ian didn't tweet about it so I guess they didn't play it.

Ian?

nope, no Warning Sign

@oxfamontour Love the customised boiler suits the @Coldplay production crew are rocking... Strong look, guys.

if I'd known they'd get a pic, I wouldn't have tried :lol:

Was shocked by the official parking price. £15! Explains why there were some pretty tasty motors in there though.

looks like it was in line with the NCP car parks. we parked at Spinningfields and just tipped over the 6 hour mark so cost us £15.90

Why first page doesn't update with gig tracklist, photo and reviews? It was really useful.

feel free to trawl through the thread and collect the info together to help us out if you like. its all we're going to do when we get to it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8gO3EtcM6k&list=PLD30F70C3AB876446&index=1&feature=plpp_video]Mylo Xyloto / Hurts Like Heaven - Coldplay (Live in Manchester, 04/12/11) - YouTube[/ame]

My video of MX & Hurts Like Heaven. GLOWBANDS!

photos uploading to photobucket now. i think i was a little excited :lol: managed to take 263 pics :embarrassed: and i kept stopping to save my battery and dance. 136 of them are suitable for public consumption :D

Oh aye? And what exactly are the other 127 of them of? :sneaky:

:P

Oh aye? And what exactly are the other 127 of them of? :sneaky:

:P

well there's a few roadie ones but I can't get them to open in the editing software to lighten them so you can actually see them!

lots of blurry ones where my hand was shaking

and some blurry ones that are supposed to be of a certain Mr Martin but he moves too quick!