✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got home. Seriously astonishing. When the wristbands started flashing during MX I had goosebumps, I couldn't stop saying wow at the time staring in disbelief.

Was right in front of Jonny and he looked so happy all night :) I think the lads may have been a bit taken back with all the wristbands too.

My legs are aching, I jumped, I met a tumblr friend there so randomly, I sat with some nice girls on the train back and I have a beaming smile that may not disappear for a while. Thankyou Coldplay, 29/05/12.

*Photos/Videos coming.

9f4a0c46.jpg

Quick crappy phone pic from me. Overall a good gig, especially with the awesome wristbands but not quite as good as LCCC. Thats mainly due to the setlist for me but ah well still cracking.

Was shocked by the official parking price. £15! Explains why there were some pretty tasty motors in there though.

Why on earth are you already there?

It was a good thing I got there early..

there was 16 of us there in the morning when the Coldplay crew came out and asked us if we'd like to help them with some jobs backstage..

So off we went - unpacked, de-isolated and counted 18000 wristbands for the show - in a nice warm room and looked after really well all day.

In return for our work we got to go right to the front barriers before the doors opened, so I had a brilliant day and evening!

Highlight - Daylight!

377466_10150998741125123_558215122_21515507_40121859_n.jpg

One question: Where is Christmas Lights? Hope they'll play it in Antwerp, that's just a week before Christmas!
I know, I thought for sure they'd play Christmas Lights at all of the December shows. Bummer.

I understand that because they have a carefully-orchestrated light show and everything, they can't change the setlist too much. But instead of playing the same thing two (or more) nights in a row, can't they dedicate one spot in the setlist (where they don't have to plan spectacular lighting/etc. effects) where they play a different song each night? Keep fans on their toes, wondering what they will get to hear that people before them haven't heard? Not to mention it would keep them on their toes, too... that would make for an interesting sound-check.

there was 16 of us there in the morning when the Coldplay crew came out and asked us if we'd like to help them with some jobs backstage..

So off we went - unpacked, de-isolated and counted 18000 wristbands for the show - in a nice warm room and looked after really well all day.

In return for our work we got to go right to the front barriers before the doors opened, so I had a brilliant day and evening!

Highlight - Daylight!

:surprised: WOW, that must have been awesome to participate in that!

From the videos I have seen so far I am just wondering...where is the running man during Hurts Like Heaven?!?!

I was wondering the exact same thing. they shouldn't get ride of that as that animation is what makes Hurts Like Heaven.

I mean who else would think of featuring something like that in their concerts?

Highlight - Daylight!

Wohow! :o Great story man! Must've been awesome :D

Highlight - Daylight!

Seriously awesome!:cool: