✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

We've heard too many songs.

DukeNewcomb

I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I love Coldplay for who they are and we should expect to hear some new/different versions of the festival material on MX. Take ETIAW for example. Does everyone know the real low synth that kicks in at the 1:40 mark? You couldn't hear that live. Hearing the studio version of that part made song much better. Just wait for the studio versions and then make the final judgement on everything.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little disappointed that when I get the new album, there won't be as much to absorb but balances out, considering how excited I was to hear the new stuff all summer. I purposely haven't listened to Princess or Flames so they will be completely new to me also.

MX

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Us Against The World

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Major Minus

Princess Of China

Up In Flames

That's 9 out of 14.

With M.M.I.X. and A Hopeful Transmission being instrumentals, I'll add them to the list because they're not really "songs" of the album to look forward to, as they effectively act as interludes.

So with 11 out of 14 songs covered, this leaves us with:

U.F.O.

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up With The Birds

Considering it's the month before release and anticipation is high, I can see no other result other than a lack of satisfaction when I'll have heard the album. There won't be enough new stuff to satisfy me. Yes the studio version is "different" from the live version, but they're the same song, and I've heard it multiple times from different shows and become accustomed to it. Once I finish listening to it I know I'll be like, "that's it?". Meh my two cents..

So I guess you won't be buying the album then?

Totally agree, in fact I was doing the math on the album time: if everything in the studio versions are similar in length to the live versions and singles, then there is roughly twelve minutes left for the five remaining songs!!

12 minutes=Hopeful Transmissions+M.M.I.X.+UFO+DLIBYH+Up With the Birds!!!!!!

If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised if three of these songs were instrumental! I am guessing M.M.I.X., UFO, and Up With The Birds probably will be under two minutes each. Leaving about three minutes for DLIBYH and Hopeful Transmissions

This honestly upsets me quite a bit. I am sure that the studio versions are going to be far better and different than their live counterparts, but I feel like I am not getting as much new material as I have been waiting for, for the past three years!!