✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

We've heard too many songs.

DukeNewcomb

No-one had to listen to it live, we just decided to. I'm sure there are people on here whpo haven't listened to them at all yet. Hearing the studio versions will still be exciting. Plus with the instrumentals and other songs we haven't heard we will see how it all fits together.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the OP. I don't understand the reactions saying "it's your own fault, deal with it"... Coldplay haven't played these songs all summer just so we can put them all in the freezer until the album comes out. It's hard or even impossible for big fans to resist watching any of all those videos going around on the internet. And yes, this ruins much of the surprise the album will or will not bring.

Next to that, the reason they've been throwing songs, including 2 singles, and other promo things like the EP around is because they (or EMI) want to sell a record-breaking amount of albums and apparently this is the way to do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the OP was making the point that there are only 3 songs left enough to change his opinion about MX.... there won't be any real surprises once the album is released

I didn't really get that from the post. The complaint seems more directed to there not being enough 'new' material on the album that they haven't already heard. There wasn't any indication that they did or did not like the new songs.

However, if what you said is what they meant, then that would makes sense...

I was surprised they had debuted so many songs. I think if they had played ETIAW, MM and Moving to Mars, I would have been absolutely ok with that. Wud definitely be a lot more excited for the album! I'm also sure the live versions of the new songs are quite close to what the album version'll be so I'm not expecting too much of Hurts Like Heaven or Us Against the World. It's going to be a good album but with Viva La Vida there was a lot more secrecy about it and I'm not sure this is the best way to get fans excited.

I actually realized that I did not much mind that they debuted so many songs, but mostly that there is so much time between debuting the songs and the album release. If we had heard the songs in June/July and MX was released in August, I would not have minded much, cuz I would have gotten my hands on the material soon after listening to it. But I guess the waiting is what bothers me most: it just means I am more likely to listen to them again and again and spoil my experience of the album.

^ That's also true. The thing is, the enthusiasm for and experience of hearing the new album is now spread over three or four months, instead of 45 minutes (the length of the album).

I think it will only bother me on the first couple of listens, though. The songs won't impress me as much, because I've heard them before. I'd definitely enjoy them more if I hadn't, but on the other hand, I already had little peaks of excitement throughout the summer, watching live shows, following their twitter, being on this site, etc.

So maybe in a few months I will prefer this strategy. It's like eating chocolate. People who regularly eat one piece of chocolate are healthier than people who eat the whole bar in one go. :P

I was surprised they had debuted so many songs. I think if they had played ETIAW, MM and Moving to Mars, I would have been absolutely ok with that. Wud definitely be a lot more excited for the album! I'm also sure the live versions of the new songs are quite close to what the album version'll be so I'm not expecting too much of Hurts Like Heaven or Us Against the World. It's going to be a good album but with Viva La Vida there was a lot more secrecy about it and I'm not sure this is the best way to get fans excited.

appraently not all coldplay fans go to live shows or go to this forum and search for these songs... its a good strategy ithink marketing wise

I actually realized that I did not much mind that they debuted so many songs, but mostly that there is so much time between debuting the songs and the album release. If we had heard the songs in June/July and MX was released in August, I would not have minded much, cuz I would have gotten my hands on the material soon after listening to it. But I guess the waiting is what bothers me most: it just means I am more likely to listen to them again and again and spoil my experience of the album.

That's a good point :nod:

I don't mind having heard some of the songs ahead of time, but I think maybe the whole album experience could have been improved somewhat if MX had dropped a few weeks ago. :shrug:

Major Minus (L)

Ok, listen. I love the way I like the live versions but for me the Studio versions are 2x better (ETIAW, PARADISE, MM). So I don't f***ing care that I've heard it all, I don't care you don't like the songs, I don't care you won't listen to the album and you won't buy it, I am going to buy the f***ing Pup-Up edition because I love Coldplay.

The End

This is like a fat guy blaming food for him being fat. If experiencing all the new music when the album comes out was so important, than they should have refrained from listening. If that sounds harsh, thats because the truth hurts sometimes.

Personally, I can't get enough early. Listening to the Viva album is a completely different experience than listening to a live collection of it's songs. I'll judge the album once it comes out, and even then not until a few weeks and several listens have passed.

These last four posts have completely missed the point ^

What satisfaction do you get from those sort of comments? Obviously more than 90% of people on here have heard the songs because that's what fans do when there's new material about, they seek it out and listen to it as soon as possible. Stop being offensive dicks and grow up.

I have to agree. We've heard too many songs out of the album. I know no one forced us to listen to them but after waiting for 3 years, it was impossible to resist.

I've stopped listening to all the new songs except ETIAW and Paradise (which are good workout songs because of the tempo). I'm really looking forward to the studio version of Us Against The World.

I'm still guessing that the studio versions of the songs we've heard at all the festivals this year will be a slightly different expierence. As much as I wanted to refrain from listening to the new stuff that got played, I couldn't. 3 years is a long time to wait for new songs, so I listened with reckless abandon every time something new got played. As much as I would like to be surprised more by hearing the new stuff from MX when its comes out versus now, I simply couldn't help myself! I had to listen!!!! :wacky: