Paradise

Charlie Brown

Us Against The World

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Major Minus

Princess Of China

Up In Flames

That's 9 out of 14.

With M.M.I.X. and A Hopeful Transmission being instrumentals, I'll add them to the list because they're not really "songs" of the album to look forward to, as they effectively act as interludes.

So with 11 out of 14 songs covered, this leaves us with:

U.F.O.

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up With The Birds

Considering it's the month before release and anticipation is high, I can see no other result other than a lack of satisfaction when I'll have heard the album. There won't be enough new stuff to satisfy me. Yes the studio version is "different" from the live version, but they're the same song, and I've heard it multiple times from different shows and become accustomed to it. Once I finish listening to it I know I'll be like, "that's it?". Meh my two cents..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have just held back and not listened to the songs they played live. Or simply just listened to it once like the people who were at the festivals. It's your own fault, so don't complain. There's some people out there who are going to hear 11 songs totally fresh and new. Sorry you're not one of them. Don't complain about your own mistakes to others.

You could have just held back and not listened to the songs they played live. Or simply just listened to it once like the people who were at the festivals. It's your own fault, so don't complain. There's some people out there who are going to hear 11 songs totally fresh and new. Sorry you're not one of them. Don't complain about your own mistakes to others.

THIS.

Yup.

Saying "it's your own fault" is a bit harsh- sure, he could have avoided the songs, but he's just being a Coldplay fan by listening to them, so I don't really blame him. You can't really say listening to the songs is a "mistake", either. He's got to enjoy the songs for longer, and that's not necessarily a bad thing!

Here's another way of looking at it- you've heard the songs, so many of them will already have grown on you (hopefully). This'll mean the album as a whole will have a sense of familiarity, meaning it'll hopefully grow on you and become a favourite album quicker! Hopefully, at least that's what I want to happen!

Nobody knew there would be this many songs to hear or how many would be on the album, so it had been harmless and even beneficial to listen.

I've been a regular on this forum for 6 years now and this is the most complaining i've ever seen... yes, i've heard Charlie Brown like 10,000 times now but it's a live version, i can't wait to hear the studio version, actually the studio version of a song we've already heard that i'm looking forward to the most is 'Us Against The World', it's such a beautiful song and i can't wait to hear how it sounds on the record (i hope Eno didn't ruin it) but anyway, stop complaining and just enjoy this time, it's an exciting time for us coldplayers :)

WHY does it matter WHEN you hear the new material?!?! I mean, most of the people on here are aching to hear the new material early on and this time around we got to. I don't understand the complaints here!!! :confused:

This is my thought. Why do you care WHEN you hear it? So you got to hear it early. That's a bad thing because......?

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't think it's a bad thing at all. You're being way too picky here. If you think like the topic creator then you aren't pleased either way. You don't want to wait for the album but you don't want to hear the songs in advance either.

I also agree that we've heard too many songs. This seems like something a younger band does, playing unreleased material due to the band's small catalog. But then again you can't base an entire festival tour around 3+ year old material.

For me, I still can't wait for the album (so i can listen to it in my car, I still play cd's in there haha). I still haven't listened to Up In Flames, or Princess of China really, as I'm trying to preserve that feeling of hearing a song for the first time. However I just can't stop listening to Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown. Instant hits for me. I've loved ever song so far though, so throw out the fan-boy term if you'd like. I would listen to Us Against The World, but the only version I have is the one from Rock am Ring with the stupid Thunder sound in it! lol. I also can't wait to get the official lyrics so I can begin covers for my YouTube channel.

I'm also confident we'll get about four B-sides (whether that be Car Kids, Tomorrow, & Great Expectations or other unknowns remains to be seen).

I personally don't think this is an issue. Another one of my favourite artists released an album a few months ago. Unlike MX, iTunes had 90 seconds previews for all the songs, plus the lead single was out. I constantly played the previews multiple times a day and I was still as excited when the album finally dropped 2 months later. Sure, 90 seconds isn't the whole song, but it was the studio version of the songs, so I could guess what they sound like since the majority of the songs were played in the previews. Listening to these lives versions of the MX songs just adds to the excitement of hearing the studio version for me.

MX

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Us Against The World

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Major Minus

Princess Of China

Up In Flames

That's 9 out of 14.

With M.M.I.X. and A Hopeful Transmission being instrumentals, I'll add them to the list because they're not really "songs" of the album to look forward to, as they effectively act as interludes.

So with 11 out of 14 songs covered, this leaves us with:

U.F.O.

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up With The Birds

I haven't heard Up in Flames. :) And I don't even think you can count that as being 'heard' or Princess of China either. Both versions are of terrible quality (at least so I've heard of the former and and know of the latter plus no Rihanna yet) So it's more like FIVE at the very least. And I know we've technically listened to Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, and Us Against the World but i wouldn't consider them yet either. The studio version will sound so much better (as usual) with no crowd noise and extra layers and might even be a little different. Who knows? So by my count we haven't heard at least 5, and at most 8. So don't be so down man. There's still new songs to be had.

Actually we have only listened to ETIAW, Major Minus and Paradise yet. You can't consider live performances because in the end the studio version is gonna be a totally surprise. So, I don't care listening to all of it live, because the album is gonna be different. My opinion.

I heard some bits of the CB studio version,and it sounds completely the same as the live version.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sx2N88ACE]Coldplay - Charlie Brown (snippets) - YouTube[/ame]

I heard some bits of the CB studio version,and it sounds completely the same as the live version.

I actually find this studio version snippet of Charlie Brown to be differant to the live version.

In the studio version they have carried some of its originality when it used to be played by Will on accordian -

You can hear it clearly at the 20 second mark of this video.

Any of the live versions iv listened to, the accordian dosent feature.

I agree that they've played far too many songs. I don't understand the whole 'rule' about being secretive if they go and blow 75% of the album anyway.

But remember that this album is supposed to be a whole body of work. Yes, we've heard the songs but we don't fully know the role they play in the album and how they fit in with the narrative.