✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on La Repubblica XL (italian music magazine) + interview + Mylo Xyloto review + some new sp

coldpatrix

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Well, now we know where Chris poops.

:|

Oawwww, ewwww, ewww, ewww!

Please! I've just had two Aberdeen Angus beef burgers!

This is MX review

The concept is as old as the world. A boy and a girl loving each other. But Chris Martin goes wild

A boy meets a girl, they fall in love and fight to be together. The oldest story in the world is also the concept on the basis of Mylo Xyloto (read the interview to understand the meaning), the fifth album by Coldplay, the follow up to Viva la Vida.., the 2008 best selling album in the world. But luckily concept doesn't mean prog, even though MX is an important progression from their past records. Far from enoxified U2, they got close to the triumphant Arcade Fire rock, showing they listened to bands like Vampire Weekend [in Major Minus] and the immortal Talking Heads. Their inspiration comes also from unexpected places, such as the '90 dance music. Trying to find a sample able to convey euphoria in Every Teardrop.., they tought about the hit song by the house band Sacados [El Ritmo de la Noche - who's over 35 knows them well], which was stolen from the '70 singer Peter Allen. And even though the lyrics go in the opposite direction [the lack of an aim in life, drug addiction, a degrading job that wears out your soul] music is euphoric, pure adolescence ecstasy looking at the stars, fists in the pockets and deep sighs. And it's incredible how in Martin & Co's hands a song about alienation such as Every Teardrop.. becomes a life saving hymn. MX lives on the contrast between sadness/euphoria througout, so Hurts Like Heaven is able to put Arcade Fire, non-dark-coloured Cure and mystic U2 (Unforgettable Fire) in the same melodic line. Charlie Brown is the hit Arcade Fire will never have (bet it's gonna be the single after Paradise). And Us Against the World is the bittersweet romantic ballad that the album couldn't miss. MX is a bomb: just give it time and it will tick in your heart.

P.S. Patrizio non tu stavi finendo l'articolo vero, io non ci vedo una mazza dagli scan quindi te li cedo

Oh and I might add the adjective for Guy is better translated with hot not cool (italian lesson figo=hot) :P

Translation for the review:

"‎'A boy meets girl, fall in love, struggling to stay together, and the prudent old history of the world seems to be the concept behind the meaning of Mylo Xyloto. (Read the interview on page 40, the fifth album by Coldplay, the sequel Viva La Vida ...best-selling album in the world in 2008.) Concept, yes, but, unfortunately, does not always mean entirely progressive, although MX is a great progression from the previous discs.

Here I present to you my analysis of the album, after having approached the triumphant rock of Arcade Fire, the experience of hearing bands like Vampire Weekend (similar to Major Minus) and the eternal Talking Heads, I am able to account how successful MX may or may not be – after all, U2 steamed away from the production by Brian Eno after a while, maybe for the best, maybe not. The evidence lies within Coldplay’s newest set of songs.

I find the inspiration Coldplay uses, arrives from unexpected places, like the 90's dance, in fact- a sample of this Coldplay convey is in Every Teardrop ... thought to have hit the group's house Saccado. (‘El De La Noche Rhythm’ - those over 35 may know it well) stolen from the 70's pop singer Peter Allen. And even though Coldplay’s lyrics are in the opposite direction, (the lack of a purpose in life, drug addiction, which destroys the employment business, euphoric music, pure ecstasy) – Chris writes how things like how he compares adolescent eyes to the stars, with his fists in his pockets and claims indirectly how he is plainly not at all interested in whatever lyrics are supposedly popular to a certain market. Is this for the best, Coldplay?

Almost every song we find on the album is written of alienation, with Every Teardrop being a hymn of salvation, and everything else MX turning out to be made of sadness and euphoria. So, saying this, Hurts like Heaven, we can imagine, is ETIAW’s younger sister.

Arcade Fire’s melodies and dark color work without mystical treatment, and the same goes for U2 (Unforgettable Fire). We can see signs of this same aura in Charlie Brown. This is the hit that Arcade Fire could never write (and I bet this will be the next BIG single after 'Paradise'?)

Finally, Us Against The World Turns out to be a bittersweet, romantic ballad that could we can not miss…for the world.

MX might very well be a bomb of an album, maybe you just need to give it some time to make your heart beat.'"

Translation for the review:

"‎'A boy meets girl, fall in love, struggling to stay together, and the prudent old history of the world seems to be the concept behind the meaning of Mylo Xyloto. (Read the interview on page 40, the fifth album by Coldplay, the sequel Viva La Vida ...best-selling album in the world in 2008.) Concept, yes, but, unfortunately, does not always mean entirely progressive, although MX is a great progression from the previous discs.

Here I present to you my analysis of the album, after having approached the triumphant rock of Arcade Fire, the experience of hearing bands like Vampire Weekend (similar to Major Minus) and the eternal Talking Heads, I am able to account how successful MX may or may not be – after all, U2 steamed away from the production by Brian Eno after a while, maybe for the best, maybe not. The evidence lies within Coldplay’s newest set of songs.

I find the inspiration Coldplay uses, arrives from unexpected places, like the 90's dance, in fact- a sample of this Coldplay convey is in Every Teardrop ... thought to have hit the group's house Saccado. (‘El De La Noche Rhythm’ - those over 35 may know it well) stolen from the 70's pop singer Peter Allen. And even though Coldplay’s lyrics are in the opposite direction, (the lack of a purpose in life, drug addiction, which destroys the employment business, euphoric music, pure ecstasy) – Chris writes how things like how he compares adolescent eyes to the stars, with his fists in his pockets and claims indirectly how he is plainly not at all interested in whatever lyrics are supposedly popular to a certain market. Is this for the best, Coldplay?

Almost every song we find on the album is written of alienation, with Every Teardrop being a hymn of salvation, and everything else MX turning out to be made of sadness and euphoria. So, saying this, Hurts like Heaven, we can imagine, is ETIAW’s younger sister.

Arcade Fire’s melodies and dark color work without mystical treatment, and the same goes for U2 (Unforgettable Fire). We can see signs of this same aura in Charlie Brown. This is the hit that Arcade Fire could never write (and I bet this will be the next BIG single after 'Paradise'?)

Finally, Us Against The World Turns out to be a bittersweet, romantic ballad that could we can not miss…for the world.

MX might very well be a bomb of an album, maybe you just need to give it some time to make your heart beat.'"

Thanks! I'll use it in my first post!

This is MX review

The concept is as old as the world. A boy and a girl loving each other. But Chris Martin goes wild

A boy meets a girl, they fall in love and fight to be together. The oldest story in the world is also the concept on the basis of Mylo Xyloto (read the interview to understand the meaning), the fifth album by Coldplay, the follow up to Viva la Vida.., the 2008 best selling album in the world. But luckily concept doesn't mean prog, even though MX is an important progression from their past records. Far from enoxified U2, they got close to the triumphant Arcade Fire rock, showing they listened to bands like Vampire Weekend [in Major Minus] and the immortal Talking Heads. Their inspiration comes also from unexpected places, such as the '90 dance music. Trying to find a sample able to convey euphoria in Every Teardrop.., they tought about the hit song by the house band Sacados [El Ritmo de la Noche - who's over 35 knows them well], which was stolen from the '70 singer Peter Allen. And even though the lyrics go in the opposite direction [the lack of an aim in life, drug addiction, a degrading job that wears out your soul] music is euphoric, pure adolescence ecstasy looking at the stars, fists in the pockets and deep sighs. And it's incredible how in Martin & Co's hands a song about alienation such as Every Teardrop.. becomes a life saving hymn. MX lives on the contrast between sadness/euphoria througout, so Hurts Like Heaven is able to put Arcade Fire, non-dark-coloured Cure and mystic U2 (Unforgettable Fire) in the same melodic line. Charlie Brown is the hit Arcade Fire will never have (bet it's gonna be the single after Paradise). And Us Against the World is the bittersweet romantic ballad that the album couldn't miss. MX is a bomb: just give it time and it will tick in your heart.

P.S. Patrizio non tu stavi finendo l'articolo vero, io non ci vedo una mazza dagli scan quindi te li cedo

Oh and I might add the adjective for Guy is better translated with hot not cool (italian lesson figo=hot) :P

Quale articolo Deni, intendi sul sito? Non possiamo pubblicarlo, lo sai...

About Guy's adjective, hot was the right translation if Denise would have done it!