✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

(one before and one after the personalization ),

what are you going to do with them, lol :D :D paint MX symbols all over ?! haha

how is the weather?

today, it´s raining cats and dogs in Barcelona .. fingers crossed for wednesday :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ... ^funny and creative

btw, any ideas where i can buy florescent bracelets .. i want to ¨glow in the dark¨ at the concert :D

i checked out some stationary and accessories´store . no luck at all :/

no idea, someone bought them when we went to wembley :\ maybe in a chinese shop, no?

whoaaaaaaaa i have that!!!! I bought them totake to pinkpop but i forget them at home and i always forget that i have it :D i can take them !!

OMG!!!

I've sneaked INTO the Las Ventas bullring ant took abundant footage of the stage being built (yes, it's not finished yet!)... I went there after my job ended so I was well dressed (shirt and suit trousers), and I speak a very good english so I didn't hide myself: I just passed myself off for a staff member!!

I wandered around some dressing rooms, corridors and the like, and then I saw a gate that pointed to the actual ground of the bullring. I headed myself to there and then I came out into the stage being built!!! There are still a lot of cranes and machine operators, but the basic stage structure is visible. I was thrown out (pretty roughly) when they saw me taking lots of pics with a huge grin in my face hahahaha :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I will share the pics when I get home! The stage is not built yet but there is some interesting stuff there. Hold on for a few hours! :D

How late are the subways running till at night? Is it easy to catch cabs at night?

Jason

Subways run until past 1:30AM, so they can be catched no problem after the concert (it should end by 00:00 or 00:30 if they run late)... Nevertheless, we should expect a human-flood at the subway after the show :P

And there is absolutely NO problem catching cabs at night, specially on big events like concerts. There will be plenty of cab drivers waiting at the outside of the venue for you all ;) The problem is that a cab to, let's say, Puerta del Sol (the pure centre of the city) could be around 9-12€ (15-18 US $)... If you're keen to pay that, then I recommend you to pick up one, it's the most convenient way of transporting through the city at night.

I'm still excited for having sneaked into there! The stage is going to look amazing, I promise you all :) I might repeat the experience tomorrow, when the stage is finished (or almost), although I think the security will be even higher... :(

:lol: :lol: great :D i wonder who they think u were :lol:

i have mine too but doubt they r still working, u have to put them in the refrigerator, no?

No, they are new lol they will only shine when i "broke" to make a bracelet :) i just have to be carefull to not brake any part of the glow stick until we get to the arena

blue_girl

where did you buy them??!! ..

Rush, i checked out chinese shops as well .. nothing! they only have glowing stars, moons and suns, :D :D

i need checklist for coldplay-related things not to forget anything at home :D like CP t-shirt, colorful bracelets ad things like that :D

blue_girl

where did you buy them??!! ..

Rush, i checked out chinese shops as well .. nothing! they only have glowing stars, moons and suns, :D :D

i need checklist for coldplay-related things not to forget anything at home :D like CP t-shirt, colorful bracelets ad things like that :D

My sister works in this shop called Primark, a very cheap store, clothes store though lol but they sell some toys for kids and other stuff for home as well, once i went there and i saw the glow sticks, i remembered that people used them for Wembley and then i asked my sister to buy them for me too :D i have 3 packages; still closed, each one has 5 sticks, that makes 15 :D they are yellow, pink and purple i guess

^^im doing the same thing :lol:

Butterflies to Take Flight During Coldplay's "American Express® Unstaged" Live VEVO Event on YouTube

Fans Worldwide can be a Part of an Online Art Installation during Show with Coldplay and Director Anton Corbijn

NEW YORK, Oct 24, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --Event Includes Livestream Viewing Party in Times Square, Free Downloads of Live Concert Tracks, and Contest to Win Tickets to an Upcoming Coldplay Concert

American Express, in partnership with VEVO and YouTube, announced today its full roster of exclusive fan experiences and enhanced digital features for Grammy® award-winning rock band Coldplay's performance within the "American Express Unstaged" music series. The show will be streamed globally as a live VEVO event on YouTube from one of Spain's most famous arenas, Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas in Madrid, at 4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT on Wednesday, October 26 at http://www.YouTube.com/ColdplayVEVO with special guest, artist Fedde Le Grand.

A first for the "American Express Unstaged" music series, Coldplay's performance will showcase various opportunities, including an opportunity for fans to create butterflies to be featured in a visually stunning art installation during the show, a takeover of several HD screens in Times Square, New York City, and an exclusive contest for one fan to win tickets to an upcoming Coldplay concert. The global event will come just two days after Coldplay's critically-acclaimed fifth studio album, MYLO XYLOTO (Capitol Records), hits stores. "American Express Unstaged" has featured such recognized musicians, paired with well-known directors, including Arcade Fire with Terry Gilliam, John Legend & The Roots with Spike Lee, Sugarland with Kenny Ortega, Duran Duran with David Lynch, and My Morning Jacket with Todd Haynes.

Live-Stream Directed by Award-Winning Filmmaker Anton Corbijn

Coldplay's "American Express Unstaged" performance will be directed by award-winning filmmaker and celebrated photographer Anton Corbijn (The American, Control). Corbijn and the band plan to immerse themselves in the pulsing crowd energy and excitement surrounding Madrid's historic arena by bringing some additional elements to the concert experience, including graffiti-styled imagery, which will be threaded throughout the night.

"I am thrilled to be collaborating with Coldplay on their performance within the 'American Express Unstaged' music series," said director Anton Corbijn. "I am looking forward to bringing our combined vision to life and uniting fans around the world to experience their extraordinary energy and musical genius."

American Express, in partnership with VEVO and YouTube, will continue to provide revolutionary access to Coldplay fans and music enthusiasts worldwide through pre-show, in-concert and post-show features and one-of-a-kind content that further blur the line between the at-home and in-concert experience:

Pre-Show

-- "Press Pass Challenge": Coldplay is the first artist to be featured within the newly launched Amex Entertainment channel on the American Express Facebook page. As part of a unique "Press Pass Challenge," music fans can submit a question to be potentially used by Billboard.com editor M. Tye Comer at http://americanexpressentertainment.com during an upcoming interview with Coldplay. Members of the American Express Entertainment community can vote for the questions they would most like to see Comer ask the band. The fan who submits the winning question will receive two tickets and backstage passes to an upcoming Coldplay performance. See Official Rules for details.

-- "Flight of Madrid" Project: Fans worldwide can be a part of an on-stage and online art installation creating graffiti-style butterfly designs by visiting http://www.amexunstagedcoldplay.com . A selection of fan-submitted butterflies will be animated into a music video that will be projected on the LCD screens behind the band during the concert.

-- Online Pre Show: Building anticipation of the night, viewers who tune in to the live-stream will catch a documentary created by Anton Corbijn.

-- "Graffiti" Interview Series: American Express and Coldplay will release a series of Q&A interviews, where the band's answers will be interpreted into graffiti artwork created by renowned street artists, uniquely merging the digital and physical art worlds.

-- Official Concert Trailer: Fans can get an early glimpse at the creative vision behind Coldplay's "American Express Unstaged" performance by visiting http://www.YouTube.com/ColdplayVEVO to view an exclusive pre-concert trailer.

In-Concert

-- NYC Times Square Livestream Viewing: For the first time in the music series, Coldplay's "American Express Unstaged" performance will be streamed live in Times Square, New York City, on four large LED screens, with built-in sound.

-- Choose Your Cam: The at-home audience can control their viewing experience throughout the show by switching between multiple cameras, including the "Director's Cut," a "Main Stage Camera" putting the at-home audience in the center of the performance, and a unique "Aerial Camera" powered by Spider Cam technology affixed to cables circling Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas.

-- Global Chat: Fans around the world can join the global chat along with the show, or invite friends to have a private viewing and chat experience to celebrate the event.

Post-Show

-- Three Free Live Tracks on Facebook: Following the concert, fans who "Like" the American Express Entertainment tab on Facebook can enjoy access to download three Coldplay tracks from the evening.

-- Rebroadcast: Following the live performance, Coldplay's "American Express Unstaged" performance will be rebroadcast for the next 48 hours, and live, on-demand clips will be available at http://www.YouTube.com/ColdplayVEVO .

"The American Express Unstaged" music series will be live-streamed on mobile devices for fans around the world. Using the VEVO and YouTube apps for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android, fans can access the stream on mobile devices as well. VEVO and YouTube mobile apps experience more than five million downloads a day and over 200 million views a day.

link

Subways run until past 1:30AM, so they can be catched no problem after the concert (it should end by 00:00 or 00:30 if they run late)... Nevertheless, we should expect a human-flood at the subway after the show :P

And there is absolutely NO problem catching cabs at night, specially on big events like concerts. There will be plenty of cab drivers waiting at the outside of the venue for you all ;) The problem is that a cab to, let's say, Puerta del Sol (the pure centre of the city) could be around 9-12€ (15-18 US $)... If you're keen to pay that, then I recommend you to pick up one, it's the most convenient way of transporting through the city at night.

I'm still excited for having sneaked into there! The stage is going to look amazing, I promise you all :) I might repeat the experience tomorrow, when the stage is finished (or almost), although I think the security will be even higher... :(

Thankssss:D waiting for the pics!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-lSSAI_C4Y]Coldplay - Coldplay on Coldplay - American Express UNSTAGED - YouTube[/ame]

Has this been posted yet?

Also, Anton Corbijn was on a big Dutch talk show kinda TV program thing (De Wereld Draait Door) tonight. He talked mostly about U2 and Achtung Baby, but also about this live stream and they showed a cute black and white clip of him and Chris, with Chris playing a Nick Cave song on the piano.

I'll try and see if I can find the video.

flight ticket, concert ticket, coldplay t-shirts, mobile phone, credit card, identification, umbrella, MX :D, coat, raincoat, money :lol:

it´s a crime to hold umbrella when they play ETIAW in the rain :laugh3: ?!

rain coat is good point, but i don't have one :/

+ ipod, Roadie book - to entertain myself in the queue... i am guessing i will be lining up for maaaannny many hours :D

yes, i know primark .. now it´s late for me to check it out, i have flight to Madrid tomorrow morning. anyways, i will buy it at the venue, i guess they will be selling lots of glowing, sparkling, colorful staff there .. L)

OMG!!![/size][/font]

I've sneaked INTO the Las Ventas bullring ant took abundant footage of the stage being built (yes, it's not finished yet!)... I went there after my job ended so I was well dressed (shirt and suit trousers), and I speak a very good english so I didn't hide myself: I just passed myself off for a staff member!!

I wandered around some dressing rooms, corridors and the like, and then I saw a gate that pointed to the actual ground of the bullring. I headed myself to there and then I came out into the stage being built!!! There are still a lot of cranes and machine operators, but the basic stage structure is visible. I was thrown out (pretty roughly) when they saw me taking lots of pics with a huge grin in my face hahahaha :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I will share the pics when I get home! The stage is not built yet but there is some interesting stuff there. Hold on for a few hours! :D

Can´t wait for the pics! you are my hero :lol:

it´s a crime to hold umbrella when they play ETIAW in the rain :laugh3: ?!

rain coat is good point, but i don't have one :/

+ ipod, Roadie book - to entertain myself in the queue... i am guessing i will be lining up for maaaannny many hours :D

yes, i know primark .. now it´s late for me to check it out, i have flight to Madrid tomorrow morning. anyways, i will buy it at the venue, i guess they will be selling lots of glowing, sparkling, colorful staff there .. L)

nooooooo, theres no need to buy them :) ill give it to you and everyone who wants it!!!

nooooooo, theres no need to buy them :) ill give it to you and everyone who wants it!!!

I still have my yellow glowstick from Wembley (but it doesn't glow anymore of course :laugh3:). Someone was giving them away to everytone on the queue :D maybe it was you :sneaky: hahaha

I still have my yellow glowstick from Wembley (but it doesn't glow anymore of course :laugh3:). Someone was giving them away to everytone on the queue :D maybe it was you :sneaky: hahaha

Nah unfortunatelly i could not make Wembley :) but this time ill be the one giving them :laugh4: