✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is a MX EP Possible?

86Timewarp

If there's an EP I don't think it will come out until next year, or maybe this winter, because they have to release CB & PoC (in whatever order) and let them shine, before relasing an EP. So if they release one of them in February, and the other one in....I don't know....May or June, maybe, then they'll let the summer pass, and after that they'll be able to release an EP without overshadowing MX.

agreed.

As for Car Kids, I feel it is the Glass of Water of this era. There were loads of references to GOW in the lead-up to Viva (the lyrics to it were even on the Lost! single artwork!) In which case Car Kids will be released on an EP, not as the main single but it will still be played live and well-received like GOW was.

Meanwhile they will release a previously unheard-of song (possibly an extended version of MX?) as a single and the main track on the EP.

Then again CK could just end up like Famous Old Painters, but even then an EP would still be possible :shrug:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also might release multiple short eps so they can spread it out. Maybe a standalone single this year, a 3 song ep here, a 4 song ep there, or b sides. There's so much they can do, and knowing Coldplay they probally won't do it the same way they did with Viva. Still I'm sure we'll be delightfully surprised with whatever we get!

If there's an EP I don't think it will come out until next year, or maybe this winter, because they have to release CB & PoC (in whatever order) and let them shine, before relasing an EP. So if they release one of them in February, and the other one in....I don't know....May or June, maybe, then they'll let the summer pass, and after that they'll be able to release an EP without overshadowing MX.

This.

They just released the album... Give them time! :inquisitive: I'm sure there'll be one, but not this year.

Not that I am one of those people that is obsessed with the idea of a MX EP/Car Kids EP/Whatever, but I have been thinking about what a potential MX era EP could hypothetically look like. I ended up basically basing it on the Prospekt's March idea, and thinking what could be the MX era equivalents of each song.

This is my hypothetical tracklist with explanations (warning, long-winded ramblings up ahead :lol:):

1. Mylo Xyloto ii (or similar title)

We all know that MX was originally a full song with lyrics (thankyou pop-up album :)) but ultimately ended up only as a short instrumental on the album. Now either this means that they decided to completely scrap the full song and leave it forever to be unheard, or they decided to release the short instrumental because the full version wasn't finished yet (exactly the same case as with LiT). The latter option would mean we may one day hear a full version of MX, and an EP would be the perfect way to do this.

2. Another Short Instrumental Like PCFA? (maybe Tomorrow, Great Expectationsetc.)

Just a thought. I know I saw somewhere that someone predicted Tomorrow would be a short instrumental intro to Car Kids, and I'm not for one moment saying I think that will happen. I'm just pulling out random names that could be used.

3. Golden Arrow

I got thinking that maybe this could be the Glass Of Water of this era (You know, the really badass song that appears late in the tour and becomes an immediate fan favourite). The reason being, the lyrics to GoW were on the Lost! single artwork, and in some of the VLVODAAHF album booklet pictures, ages before PM was even released. Similarly, there are those mysterious lyrics on the cover of MX (The two of us we drove...) which can't have been put there if they weren't planning on releasing them. I don't know why but I always had the idea that these lyrics could belong to either UFO or Golden Arrow. And well, we know they're not from UFO.

4. Full Version Of A Hopeful Transmission (maybe Hypnoflow, No Power To The Tower etc.)

This is a bit of a random one, so if you're not a fan of tenuous links, look away now.

The only thing I could think of that could be the equivalent of Rainy Day is if there is part of a song that was originally going to be on MX, was recorded, but didn't make it. It's a little known fact that Rainy Day was originally part of a song called School that eventually evolved into the first half of DAAHF, while the rest of School was scrapped but eventually resurfaced as Rainy Day. Well, what if one of the songs on MX was originally going to be part of something else, but once again, didn't make it? I thought of AHT because we know (thanks once again, pop-up album :lol:) that AHT was also going to be a full song with lyrics but like MX it didn't make the cut. So what if the rest of AHT was recorded and is sitting around doing nothing? It could happen, people. :nod: (I have seen the names Hypnoflow and No Power To The Tower in various places around the MX era being associated with the 'radio tower' image and thought they might in some way be related to AHT)

5. Car Kids (what, you thought this wouldn't be here? :P)

Do I really need to explain this one? It's everywhere. The CK logo for one thing is everywhere you look, its on their outfits, its on the artwork, I could go on. This has the potential to be the title track of the EP. Everyone remembers Prospekt (RIP) right? Well this is the same deal. Mentioned loads before the album, doesn't turn up on the album tracklist, then BAM it's an EP.

(oh, and it could have another short instrumental tacked on the end, a la Poppyfields. Maybe, I dunno, Alien Radio?)

6. Arbitrary Alternate Version Of An Already Popular Song From The Album #1

You know it's gotta happen. :nod: Maybe it could be a version of PoC without Rihanna, I'm sure that would please many fans. Or a slightly changed version of CB.

7. Arbitrary Alternate Version Of An Already Popular Song From The Album #2

See above.

8. I've Run Out Of Ideas :cry:

I'm sure they'll surprise us with something. If you really want to link it to Prospekt's March I guess it could be named after some kind of repeated lyric from MX, seeing as NMFWTTG was basically a nice sort of gentle finale to the Viva era which was hinted at in previous songs. Maybe We'll Soar or Pour Water On or something. :shrug:

Anyway, kudos to you if you actually read all this :laugh3: Maybe I should have made this a separate thread :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not dissatisfied with the album, I love it and I want MOAR!!!

Not that I am one of those people that is obsessed with the idea of a MX EP/Car Kids EP/Whatever, but I have been thinking about what a potential MX era EP could hypothetically look like. I ended up basically basing it on the Prospekt's March idea, and thinking what could be the MX era equivalents of each song.

This is my hypothetical tracklist with explanations (warning, long-winded ramblings up ahead :lol:):

1. Mylo Xyloto ii (or similar title)

We all know that MX was originally a full song with lyrics (thankyou pop-up album :)) but ultimately ended up only as a short instrumental on the album. Now either this means that they decided to completely scrap the full song and leave it forever to be unheard, or they decided to release the short instrumental because the full version wasn't finished yet (exactly the same case as with LiT). The latter option would mean we may one day hear a full version of MX, and an EP would be the perfect way to do this.

2. Another Short Instrumental Like PCFA? (maybe Tomorrow, Great Expectationsetc.)

Just a thought. I know I saw somewhere that someone predicted Tomorrow would be a short instrumental intro to Car Kids, and I'm not for one moment saying I think that will happen. I'm just pulling out random names that could be used.

3. Golden Arrow

I got thinking that maybe this could be the Glass Of Water of this era (You know, the really badass song that appears late in the tour and becomes an immediate fan favourite). The reason being, the lyrics to GoW were on the Lost! single artwork, and in some of the VLVODAAHF album booklet pictures, ages before PM was even released. Similarly, there are those mysterious lyrics on the cover of MX (The two of us we drove...) which can't have been put there if they weren't planning on releasing them. I don't know why but I always had the idea that these lyrics could belong to either UFO or Golden Arrow. And well, we know they're not from UFO.

4. Full Version Of A Hopeful Transmission (maybe Hypnoflow, No Power To The Tower etc.)

This is a bit of a random one, so if you're not a fan of tenuous links, look away now.

The only thing I could think of that could be the equivalent of Rainy Day is if there is part of a song that was originally going to be on MX, was recorded, but didn't make it. It's a little known fact that Rainy Day was originally part of a song called School that eventually evolved into the first half of DAAHF, while the rest of School was scrapped but eventually resurfaced as Rainy Day. Well, what if one of the songs on MX was originally going to be part of something else, but once again, didn't make it? I thought of AHT because we know (thanks once again, pop-up album :lol:) that AHT was also going to be a full song with lyrics but like MX it didn't make the cut. So what if the rest of AHT was recorded and is sitting around doing nothing? It could happen, people. :nod: (I have seen the names Hypnoflow and No Power To The Tower in various places around the MX era being associated with the 'radio tower' image and thought they might in some way be related to AHT)

5. Car Kids (what, you thought this wouldn't be here? :P)

Do I really need to explain this one? It's everywhere. The CK logo for one thing is everywhere you look, its on their outfits, its on the artwork, I could go on. This has the potential to be the title track of the EP. Everyone remembers Prospekt (RIP) right? Well this is the same deal. Mentioned loads before the album, doesn't turn up on the album tracklist, then BAM it's an EP.

(oh, and it could have another short instrumental tacked on the end, a la Poppyfields. Maybe, I dunno, Alien Radio?)

6. Arbitrary Alternate Version Of An Already Popular Song From The Album #1

You know it's gotta happen. :nod: Maybe it could be a version of PoC without Rihanna, I'm sure that would please many fans. Or a slightly changed version of CB.

7. Arbitrary Alternate Version Of An Already Popular Song From The Album #2

See above.

8. I've Run Out Of Ideas :cry:

I'm sure they'll surprise us with something. If you really want to link it to Prospekt's March I guess it could be named after some kind of repeated lyric from MX, seeing as NMFWTTG was basically a nice sort of gentle finale to the Viva era which was hinted at in previous songs. Maybe We'll Soar or Pour Water On or something. :shrug:

Anyway, kudos to you if you actually read all this :laugh3: Maybe I should have made this a separate thread :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not dissatisfied with the album, I love it and I want MOAR!!!

bitch-please-i-aint-reading-that-shit.jpg

:P

*bitchslaps SuperFitz*

Snap out of it! :angry: :D

I mean, don't even think about it, there's no point.

Enjoy MX and we'll get Mylo Xylotwo when it's time for it.

CAR KIDS! :freak:

bitch-please-i-aint-reading-that-shit.jpg

:P

*bitchslaps SuperFitz*

Snap out of it! :angry: :D

I mean, don't even think about it, there's no point.

Enjoy MX and we'll get Mylo Xylotwo when it's time for it.

CAR KIDS! :freak:

I was hoping you wouldn't show up here :angry: :rolleyes:

Oh well, it's just my opinion and I felt like writing a huge amount because I was bored, OK? :shame:

OK...

I was kidding. But the hypothetical EP doesn't have to follow the exact same pattern as Prospekt's March.

LIT II = MX II, Glass Of Water = Car Kids, 2 remix/different versions of existing songs, 1 instrumental, etc. ;)

are you joking too much money? they are so rich, even chris said so himself at a gig. and there could be more, we never know. and they said that they were good but they didnt fit in with mx, maybe they already have "new material" that they already have and will release it after the mx era dies?? get a head start?

Right....cause the boys love to spend money where ever they can...Will doesn't even have a drum set to this day, even with all the money they have.

OK...

I was kidding. But the hypothetical EP doesn't have to follow the exact same pattern as Prospekt's March.

LIT II = MX II, Glass Of Water = Car Kids, 2 remix/different versions of existing songs, 1 instrumental, etc. ;)

I know, it was just an idea I had. But if this is the way you'll treat me, I won't be logging into this thread again :cry:

First you scare away Debs, and now me. How do you feel, you monster?

just kidding :laugh3: