✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is a MX EP Possible?

86Timewarp

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not pointless because who knows about other songs.

I wouldn't say it's pointless, but it is fun to talk about. Only on occasion, though. Certain songs (e.g. Car Kids, Spanish Rain, Wedding Bells, Famous Old Painters, etc.) have been through the grinder too much.

That said, it is fun discussing unreleased songs, but only in portion.

LoversInJapan posted this interview with Will and Guy in the thread about the Ahoy gig. http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2700602/coldplay-hotelkamers-beu.html

The interview was taken just before that show.

I'll try to translate the part about the songs that didn't make the album:

Songs like Paradise and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall ended on the album, but a lot of material didn't make the cut. "Many songs didn't make the album, mostly because they weren't good enough", admits Champion. "Others didn't fit in, but they were good on theirselfs. I don't know what we're going to do with them."

The idea to make an EP was brought up, like Coldplay's Prospekt's March from 2008. "Coincidentally we were just talking about that", says Berryman about a conversation he had a couple of minutes ago with singer Chris Martin. "If a song's good, it's a shame not to use it. We want to release them one way or another."

Rest of the interview is about making the album, their life on the road and being the biggest band on the planet. Not really spectacular enough to go and translate since I probably fucked up a few sentences in the part I just did translate.

LoversInJapan posted this interview with Will and Guy in the thread about the Ahoy gig. http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2700602/coldplay-hotelkamers-beu.html

Songs like Paradise and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall ended on the album, but a lot of material didn't make the cut. "Many songs didn't make the album, mostly because they weren't good enough", admits Champion. "Others didn't fit in, but they were good on theirselfs. I don't know what we're going to do with them."

The idea to make an EP was brought up, like Coldplay's Prospekt's March from 2008. "Coincidentally we were just talking about that", says Berryman about a conversation he had a couple of minutes ago with singer Chris Martin. "If a song's good, it's a shame not to use it. We want to release them one way or another."

Rest of the interview is about making the album, their life on the road and being the biggest band on the planet. Not really spectacular enough to go and translate since I probably fucked up a few sentences in the part I just did translate.

You translated it very well(goed gedaan!:P) And this would be so awesome, at first I didn't really believe the boys would repeat themselves in making another EP but now I strongly believe they will, or at least bring out some more songs!:D

OMG! Thanks sooo much for this, excited!

• 5 weeks later...
Davide Rossi has just tweeted:

"Good to be back in London, good to work with the boys again."

What do you think it is? A new song Roadie talked about or will we get the legendary Car Kids EP?

:surprised: :o

New tour song me thinks

we know at this point that we are going to get something and now it is just a matter of time until we see what... As far as I can imagine these are the options:

1) An EP

Same idea as the Prospekt's March ep. Leftover / new songs from the MX sessions. Maybe a new song or two... a remix or another collaboration. A companion to MX (in form / style) or maybe it's own thing? We'll see...

2) Mylo Xyloto: Special Edition / Extended Edition / Tour Edition

These are very popular these days and are starting to seem to be a normal part of the record companies marketing cycle regarding albums. Arcade Fire did one for The Suburbs. If it is up to the label or the artist I'm not sure but it seems to be a trend. The original MX album with two or three extra tracks added on to the end. Maybe fill it out with a DVD of some sort, some new packaging... and bam! you have a nice new item for the diehard fans to buy and extra incentive for those who have not bought it yet.

3) B-sides / Double A-side

As simple as that. With the lack of physical singles now are there really a such thing as b-sides anymore (at least how they used to be)... maybe on vinyl I guuess... I would think at this point in the industry it's better just to put out an ep... easier to promote (both digital / itunes and you can sell it in stores) ... in the states we never get b-sides so I ask this of those in the UK... are b-sides still a relevent option?

It seems there are too many options left on MX for singles to record a new song for a double a-side but who knows...

4) Online give away / concert give away / thank you songs

Kind of like they have done in the past with LRLRL. A thank you to the fans, a way to kick off the tour... maybe a disk to give away at shows... they are amazing when it comes to taking care of the fans.

5) Mylo XyloTwo / Mylo Xylo2

A second album in the "world" of MX. Kind of like U2's Zooropa or Radioheads's Amnesiac. If they have enough material maybe... but they said the same thing after Viva and it didn't happen. Of course we got Prospekt's March which was pretty close.

What do you think it is? A new song Roadie talked about or will we get the legendary Car Kids EP?

:wacky:

They're on a break from the tour until mid-April. What are you doing Coldplay? :sneaky:

:stunned: This guarantees that we are going to get at least one new song! I think the odds of an EP are increasing :D

This is amazing, thank you for posting this! He does definitely mean Coldplay doesnt he? There arent any other London-based bands that he works with. Could we be getting more of his legendary strings?

we know at this point that we are going to get something and now it is just a matter of time until we see what... As far as I can imagine these are the options:

1) An EP

Same idea as the Prospekt's March ep. Leftover / new songs from the MX sessions. Maybe a new song or two... a remix or another collaboration. A companion to MX (in form / style) or maybe it's own thing? We'll see...

2) Mylo Xyloto: Special Edition / Extended Edition / Tour Edition

These are very popular these days and are starting to seem to be a normal part of the record companies marketing cycle regarding albums. Arcade Fire did one for The Suburbs. If it is up to the label or the artist I'm not sure but it seems to be a trend. The original MX album with two or three extra tracks added on to the end. Maybe fill it out with a DVD of some sort, some new packaging... and bam! you have a nice new item for the diehard fans to buy and extra incentive for those who have not bought it yet.

3) B-sides / Double A-side

As simple as that. With the lack of physical singles now are there really a such thing as b-sides anymore (at least how they used to be)... maybe on vinyl I guuess... I would think at this point in the industry it's better just to put out an ep... easier to promote (both digital / itunes and you can sell it in stores) ... in the states we never get b-sides so I ask this of those in the UK... are b-sides still a relevent option?

It seems there are too many options left on MX for singles to record a new song for a double a-side but who knows...

4) Online give away / concert give away / thank you songs

Kind of like they have done in the past with LRLRL. A thank you to the fans, a way to kick off the tour... maybe a disk to give away at shows... they are amazing when it comes to taking care of the fans.

5) Mylo XyloTwo / Mylo Xylo2

A second album in the "world" of MX. Kind of like U2's Zooropa or Radioheads's Amnesiac. If they have enough material maybe... but they said the same thing after Viva and it didn't happen. Of course we got Prospekt's March which was pretty close.

6) New album? Could we get something like a MX part two with songs such as Car Kids and Great Expectations?

Princess of China EP:

1) Princess of China (feat. Rihanna)

2) Princess of China (Live @ 2012 Grammys)

3) Princess of China (feat. Pitbull)

4) Princess of China (feat. Nicki Minaj)

5) Princess of China (Dubstep remix)

:o epic ep

like lost? uhhh no! a waist of an ep

and how do u feature pitbull in POC? its a duet with one guy and one girl, and pitbull will not and can not replace chris. blasphemy i say

2 and 5 I HIGHLY doubt.

An EP is more likely and 3 is a good one because we might see more singles in the future.

An EP might be in the works, but we'll have to see. I'd bet if there is an EP, they're mostly somg songs from the Viva Era and a few from the MX era as well.

2 and 5 I HIGHLY doubt.

An EP is more likely and 3 is a good one because we might see more singles in the future.

An EP might be in the works, but we'll have to see. I'd bet if there is an EP, they're mostly somg songs from the Viva Era and a few from the MX era as well.

That would be AMAZING!