✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is a MX EP Possible?

86Timewarp

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about the biggest reason Coldplay gave us the Prospekt's March EP in the first place:

Life in Technicolor ii.

They had recorded this song for Viva, but they chose to give us an instrumental instead because they specifically wanted to save LiTii for a post-viva release.

Now let's talk about Automobile Children and Mylo Xyloto.

It's everywhere. The references to it, that is. This is probably a marketing method for an important future release. And I doubt they would use it as a b-side (EXCEPT if it's Charlie Brown's b-side) because they wouldn't bother to hype it up that much if that were the case. And then there's the fact that they don't release B-sides too often anymore. So it seems that they've saved it for a substantial future release (an EP).

MX, on the other hand, is part of a full-length song, so it's likely that this would either be the EP's single or otherwise an important track.

Or maybe Car Kids is the name of the EP.... o.O hahahah who doesn't love speculation.

Anyway that's what i think...

Guest howyousawtheworld

Who's to say they won't release a companion album ala U2 with Achtung Baby/Zooropa or Noel Gallaghers follow up to his first solo release which is due end of this year? Seriously doubt it though.

I think the likeliest is the idea of an EP (shorter than Prospekt's March anyway, three ,four songs max.). We know there are some songs like Car Kids, Great Expectations and Tomorrow that have kind of survived the editing process as they have been included in that list of songs on the songwriting website (maybe someone's not as lazy as I to check it again). Plus, there is always a matter of finishing those songs, ie. mixing, mastering, since they haven't done that yet.

I don't know, but I'm really looking forward to it - what I am afraid though, is that Car Kids has already received a lot of attention, maybe too much for an unreleased song, and we're already raving about it even at the stage when we haven't even heard it. It might not even be such a good song. Famous Old Painters was, granted, a good song, but given that hype at that time, and after listening to the instrumental, was the song really that good?

Whatever Coldplay do, the strongest material rarely doesn't go out in the big wide world.

I agree Miha, also they can't release a short album because it's a lot of money to produce and record everything so it's probably not worth wile if the guys only have 3-5 new songs. We'll probably get B-Sides if that's the case

are you joking too much money? they are so rich, even chris said so himself at a gig. and there could be more, we never know. and they said that they were good but they didnt fit in with mx, maybe they already have "new material" that they already have and will release it after the mx era dies?? get a head start?

There is a possibility of releasing an EP but I guess they'll release it sometime later. Come on guys, MX is just 3 months old...

True. It does seem like some are expecting more music too soon BUT it is worth pointing out that Viva la Vida was only 5 months old when Prospekt's March came out. Im not saying that they will do the same thing again... just that it wouldn't be unheard of.

I cant see us getting an EP/short album until May at the the VERY earliest. Lets face Prospekt's March was an album really just a short one and not an album by name.if we do, it will probably be a mixture of songs leftover from the MX recording sessions and ones that they have done/will do during the free months leading up to the restart of the tour.

If there's an EP I don't think it will come out until next year, or maybe this winter, because they have to release CB & PoC (in whatever order) and let them shine, before relasing an EP. So if they release one of them in February, and the other one in....I don't know....May or June, maybe, then they'll let the summer pass, and after that they'll be able to release an EP without overshadowing MX.

They don't release an EP or a short album till the end of the year, with a eye on the fact that MX is probably #1 in the UK next week and the succes of Paradise.

Every Teardrop was a 'EP', I see it as just a maxi-single (A-song + 2 B-songs) like they did with the most pre-viva singles, they could do that again with CB or PoC. And then you can call it an 'EP' ;)