✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So what monstrosity are you going as this Halloween?

86Timewarp

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_mbgdt1WmAK1rith1uo2_250.pngThis is supposed to be slutty (yeah I am going through that tumblr because it's just TOO FUNNY SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE ME STOP)

but it is just ..... imagine wearing that .... just no ... it looks so ridiculous to me :(

Reilly you're brilliant! :cheesy::dance:
There's probably a very similar mask over here, if I find one I should send it to you. :nod:

wouldn't it be funny is someone went as Lady Gaga?
My sister did that last year or the year before. However, she just looked like an average hooker.

i sure wish i got celebrate halloween... (my folks object to it...ok except my sister)

I've never celebrated halloween. I don't really care to either. I like dressing up, but Halloween is like a holiday that sort of.......celebrates death.....it's a strange holiday.

This year i had also many ideas, like Bjork, Frida Kahlo, a taco, a pizza, Ziggy Stardust, and my friends decided to not go trick or treating. I´m 15 anywas but I only celebrated once :sad: And my school doesnt let us bring a costume because halloween is an american thing.

hfjwhdwg I want to go as ziggy stardust though I have nothing to dress up for :blank:

hfjwhdwg I want to go as ziggy stardust though I have nothing to dress up for :blank:

How about when you give candy? i just wanted to paint my face for school because i asked and i think we can do that :cheesy:

halloween party at my house and only kat is invited :wink3:

I've never celebrated halloween. I don't really care to either. I like dressing up, but Halloween is like a holiday that sort of.......celebrates death.....it's a strange holiday.
For me halloween doesn't celebrate death ... According to some it used to be the celebration of the end of the year (back then the year ended after Oktober and not after December) so it's basically like New Year's Eve. The Celts celebrated the end of the year and the end of the harvest period. They believed that in between years ghosts/spirits could come back to earth to try to possess someone, so to prevent that from happening they dressed up scarily. This is by the way also why nowadays with New Year's Eve people use fireworks. It is for the same reason: To scare away the ghosts/spirits. Most people just seemed to have forgotten about it. So it was not celebrating death, but more celebrating life and keeping the dead the fuck away from you. The name of Halloween is derived from All Hallow's Eve(ning) meaning the evening before All Saints (lol, not the band), because christians kinda took over the holiday from the Celts and made it their own. But that's what happened with Christmas as well they say. Originally on that day the pagans celebrated mid winter. Their version is still entangled with our Christmas as in that we still decorate a tree in our house and lit candles. Some say even the day was taken from the Pagan holiday and not because Jesus was born then. But this is all just bullshit from the internet and so. Eh, I think people can just take out of a holiday what they want. I like Haloween because it's when my spirit managed to get here :D (I was born that day) and my little sister got born on the other New Year's Eve, the 31 of December.

Also Christmas I like to celebrate as a non-christian, because I like being with family and have a cosy decorated house. I like all the little lights and all before Christmas. I don't really get Christians being bothered with 'hypocrite' atheists celebrating Christmas, because Christmas isn't really a Christian holiday to begin with. For some it's more than that. :P

And so Haloween for me is foremost a day of celebration because it's my birthday and secondly I like the whole dressing up thing and carving pumpkins and cook with pumpkin. :| It has nothing to do with honoring/celebrating death for me. It's being with friends and celebrating Life :D

For me halloween doesn't celebrate death ... According to some it used to be the celebration of the end of the year (back then the year ended after Oktober and not after December) so it's basically like New Year's Eve. The Celts celebrated the end of the year and the end of the harvest period. They believed that in between years ghosts/spirits could come back to earth to try to possess someone, so to prevent that from happening they dressed up scarily. This is by the way also why nowadays with New Year's Eve people use fireworks. It is for the same reason: To scare away the ghosts/spirits. Most people just seemed to have forgotten about it. So it was not celebrating death, but more celebrating life and keeping the dead the fuck away from you. The name of Halloween is derived from All Hallow's Eve(ning) meaning the evening before All Saints (lol, not the band), because christians kinda took over the holiday from the Celts and made it their own. But that's what happened with Christmas as well they say. Originally on that day the pagans celebrated mid winter. Their version is still entangled with our Christmas as in that we still decorate a tree in our house and lit candles. Some say even the day was taken from the Pagan holiday and not because Jesus was born then. But this is all just bullshit from the internet and so. Eh, I think people can just take out of a holiday what they want. I like Haloween because it's when my spirit managed to get here :D (I was born that day) and my little sister got born on the other New Year's Eve, the 31 of December.

Also Christmas I like to celebrate as a non-christian, because I like being with family and have a cosy decorated house. I like all the little lights and all before Christmas. I don't really get Christians being bothered with 'hypocrite' atheists celebrating Christmas, because Christmas isn't really a Christian holiday to begin with. For some it's more than that. :P

And so Haloween for me is foremost a day of celebration because it's my birthday and secondly I like the whole dressing up thing and carving pumpkins and cook with pumpkin. :| It has nothing to do with honoring/celebrating death for me. It's being with friends and celebrating Life :D

I don't mind all the dressing up and carving pumpkins, but if I go into a party store before halloween, there are some pretty gross decorations. Things with blood and skulls and and all of it is about death and blood and witches and stuff that could get close to looking demonic. That's what bothers me. but I like carving pumpkins and dressing up.

And Christmas. I know it's not the day Jesus was born, and that it it wasn't even a Christain holiday to begin with. I think that some pope or something wanted to change it into a Christian holiday and called it Christmas which is Christ-mas, so it's pretty much a Mas to celebrate Christ (Jesus). I don't see why non-Christians can't celebrate Christmas though. The "non-Christian" traditions like Santa clause originated from Saint Nicholas which is from catholic stuff, but lots of Christians think that that's a secular tradition. But I see nothing wrong with a non-Christian opening gifts and decorating the house, and singing Christmas songs. It's a time to be joyful, and together with family, and to just enjoy life.