✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Song (No LINKS ALLOWED) 16-10

foxeh

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, I have zero respect for Rihanna as an artist, and I was hoping that her presence would be subtle, but I was still cautiously optimistic about how the song itself would sound. I think it's pretty good, but I really wasn't expecting Rihanna's part to be THAT prominent. Like others have said, it's pretty much Rihanna feat. Chris Martin. I'm not so sure that it works well as a Coldplay song, but personally as a standalone song I prefer it to Paradise (although paradoxically, it sounds even less like a Coldplay song than Paradise does - take from that what you will :shrug: ).

Basically the crappy live version showed more promise for me. I'm not even sure I can even rate it at this point, I guess because it really doesn't sound like anything else they've done up till now.

Also, that synthy guitar part right at the beginning of the song (and throughout) really reminds me of the synth work in 'A Spell A Rebel Yell'. Anyone else agree?

Good jesus.

That song is amazing. I have a whole new respect for Coldplay. They know how to make a hip hop song. Rihanna sounds fucking amazing.

I understand if people don't like it - alt rock fans and acoustic fans may be a little upset - but I fucking love it. Some of the best stuff they've ever done.

This is actually really good. It's progressive for Coldplay... very outside of their comfort zone. Rihanna is much more prominent than I expected, but it works. You gotta look at the song objectively and realie that it makes sense that way. I'm sure the Chris-solo live version will be epic. I think this was a good move on their part. Rihanna is out of her element, too.

Dave

Meh, I hated the song to begin with. This will honestly be one track I think I'll skip through. But of course it might grow on me.

Paradise and ETIAW were WAY better than this song.

I will skip it if the bass is this loud on the album because my eardrums are dead after 10 replays.

I listen to Coldplay with the volume turned to the MAX and the bass is unbearable.

I preferred it as just Chris but Rihanna doesn't sound too bad.... cause she doesn't really sound like Rihanna, so it works better than I thought!

Quite enjoyable but Rihanna overruns the song, it would of been better with more Chris, considering its Coldplay's song afterall!

7.5/10 for me but I am sure we will see this near the top of the charts!