✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Song (No LINKS ALLOWED) 16-10

foxeh

I expected many things from this song.. but not this !

pros :

- experimental sounds

- not as mainstream as I'd envisioned (which is really good : ) )

- Rihanna parts are quite enjoable

cons :

- ... lalalalalalala ( first paradise, now this ... plz coldplay let it be the last "such" song)

- lacks energy or epicness .. lol

Quite a good song :cool: .. but give us hurts like heaven already :P

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected many things from this song.. but not this !

pros :

- experimental sounds

- not as mainstream as I'd envisioned (which is really good : ) )

- Rihanna parts are quite enjoable

cons :

- ... lalalalalalala ( first paradise, now this ... plz coldplay let it be the last "such" song)

- lacks energy or epicness .. lol

Quite a good song :cool: .. but give us hurts like heaven already :P

I agree, lack of epicness.

But superstars collabs usually lack some punch.

I'm not really feeling it, but I'm tired of despairing over Coldplay's "new direction," so I'm not going to be harsh or anything. But to me, it sounds to be in the same vein as "Paradise," which I'm not a big fan of--it sounds very Top 40 radio to me in the sense that I think it sounds a lot like the kind of stuff that's already out there. And whoever said it before I think was right: Rihanna feat. Chris Martin is the vibe I get, although I think she suits the song for what it is very well.

All of this said about those two songs, I really love ETIAW, lest anyone think I'm just a huge Coldplay grumpus now. For whatever reason, I just don't click with "Paradise" and "Princess of China," and as long as the rest of the unheard parts of the album don't go the same way, that's fine, to have two duds for me. I think the thing I'm not a huge fan of is that I like the songs that have super catchy, sparkling central riffs, like ETIAW and CB of this era, and like "Clocks" and "Speed of Sound" etc from the past. "Paradise" and "Princess" are much more heavy-beat centric to my ear, in that the beat overshadows any of the riffs that exist, and that just doesn't appeal to me as much as something centered around a glittering central guitar or piano riff of some of their other songs. The riff in this song just doesn't do much for me, I guess, and I feel like the beat is the main point :shrug:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion! haha.

I only am confused as to why you think this doesn't have a catchy riff. The main riff is ridiculously catchy...

I guess I didn't mean that this song DOESN'T have a catchy riff at all, it's just not one that appeals to me as much as ones in other songs of theirs :smiley:. Also, I feel like no matter what the riff is in this song, the beat overshadows it a bit, in that the beat is more central than the riff. I edited my post a bit to reflect that.

I'm horrible at describing the technical aspects of music, I really shouldn't ever bother :lol:.

I liked it, it's different and still very catchy.

I'd rank what i've heard (or heard a good enough live version of) so far as:

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Us Against the World

Princess of China

Mylo Xyloto

Paradise

Major Minus