✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Positive About Mylo Xyloto

TheSkittz

Okay, this thread is basically for people who like what they have heard so far. Although, there will be trolls that will probably appear.

Why do you like MX so far?

I feel that this may tie my favorite album (Viva).

The issue I had with Viva was that it wasnt a comprehensive album...which is something I really like. Viva had some of the best overall quality music, but the record could have been arranged a little better.

Although MX may not have the best tracks (they are still really good in my opinion) they are supposedly ordered into a comprehensive album which is meant to be heard from start to finish. I love to throw a CD in the car and drive while listening to a whole album. I do not like an album that is a collection of songs that are really not related.

Song by song breakdown (My Opinion)

Us against the World : 9/10....reminds me of Kingdom of Heaven which I loved.

Every Teardrop: 6/10... Yes it is catchy but not much depth to the song lyrically.

Major Minus: 8/10 .....I love the voice effects and I love the words "one eye on the road and one on you.) P.S...the Road is my favorite book which is where Chris drew inspiration from.

Charlie Brown: 8.5/10 ...its going to be a great studio song, but the reason its not a 9 is because it doesn't sound 'big' to me....soundwise. It sounds kinda muffled from what I have heard. May change when i hear the studio.

Paradise: 8/10 .....Catchy, strings, and I feel that in the context of the album, will sound great.

Hurts like Heaven: 8.5/10 ....definatly going to be on my playlist when I go for a run.

Princess of China: 8/10 ... I Love Rhianna in the song...I love the bass...and I may change it to a 9 when heard in the context of the album, and not off some radio stream.

I will always keep classic Coldplay close to my heart because that is what I fell in love with originally, but their new music is something special. The beats (PoC), the catchiness (HLH) the depth (CB). I feel that MX might be Coldplay's best overall album effort...and that is why I am stoked for this album.

Why do you guys feel MX has promise?

HLH: 8.5/10

Paradise: 8.5/10

CB: 9.5/10

UATW: 8/10

ETIAW: 6/10

MM: 7/10

PoC: 7/10

UIF: 7.5/10

Overall so far I would give it like an 8. I like what I've heard more than Viva, although no song is better than Lovers in Japan (maybe CB) so far IMO.

EDIT: I'm rating Up in Flames even though the quality isn't that great because I was actually there to hear it live.

I agree. I enjoy the cohesiveness of albums. Viva was a welcome and major improvement to X&Y for which I'm grateful but it lacked a common thread throughout the record. MX definitely has a common sound and a story woven throughout the songs so I'm very excited. I think this could be their best since A Rush of Blood. Of course, ROB and Parachutes are very dear to me but I think we tend to romanticize the past and perhaps that's why they mean so much and why we yearn for that sound again. I'm excited for new and different material and from what I've heard they've done a fantastic job this time around.

Okay, this thread is basically for people who like what they have heard so far. Although, there will be trolls that will probably appear.

The issue I had with Viva was that it wasnt a comprehensive album...which is something I really like. Viva had some of the best overall quality music, but the record could have been arranged a little better.

Although MX may not have the best tracks (they are still really good in my opinion) they are supposedly ordered into a comprehensive album which is meant to be heard from start to finish. I love to throw a CD in the car and drive while listening to a whole album. I do not like an album that is a collection of songs that are really not related.

Every Teardrop: 6/10... Yes it is catchy but not much depth to the song lyrically.

Major Minus: 8/10 .....I love the voice effects and I love the words "one eye on the road and one on you.) P.S...the Road is my favorite book which is where Chris drew inspiration from.

Charlie Brown: 8.5/10 ...its going to be a great studio song, but the reason its not a 9 is because it doesn't sound 'big' to me....soundwise. It sounds kinda muffled from what I have heard. May change when i hear the studio.

Paradise: 8/10 .....Catchy, strings, and I feel that in the context of the album, will sound great.

Hurts like Heaven: 8.5/10 ....definatly going to be on my playlist when I go for a run.

Princess of China: 8/10 ... I Love Rhianna in the song...I love the bass...and I may change it to a 9 when heard in the context of the album, and not off some radio stream.

I will always keep classic Coldplay close to my heart because that is what I fell in love with originally, but their new music is something special. The beats (PoC), the catchiness (HLH) the depth (CB). I feel that MX might be Coldplay's best overall album effort...and that is why I am stoked for this album.

I completely agree 500% with this. Literally, it's like you stole my words and posted them yourself.

I agree except some ratings. ETIAW should be 2 pts higher (im the only one in the world who loves it) and MM should be 2 pts lower. Also HLH should be the best

I agree except some ratings. ETIAW should be 2 pts higher (im the only one in the world who loves it) and MM should be 2 pts lower. Also HLH should be the best

Sorry, but you are not the ONLY one. I love ETIAW. the fact is that if I didn't check this forum, I wouldn't even imagine there're people don't like it.

I haven't heard anything I don't like from the album yet, so this may be my favourite.

Every tear: 7

Major Minus: 8 (it really rocks live! So loud and full of energy)

Moving to Mars: 9

Paradise: 7.5

Hurts like heaven: 8.5 (haven't gotten a studio version yet)

Charlie Brown: 9 (We'll see how studio turns out)

Princess of China: 8

Us Against the World: 8

In my opinion PoC is the low point of the album!

HLH might be as PoC a bit over-produced but I still love it.

Us Against the Word, UFO, Up in Flames, DLIBYH and Up with Birds are classic but new Coldplay and I just adore those songs. CB is amazing too.

Great news! Turns out the tracks we had before the leak were just the mediocre tracks of the album. I've been listening to this album nonstop since I downloaded it from Waffles and I enjoy this very much. Definitely better than Viva for sure.

Unfortunately, Paradise, Major Minus + Princess of China still stick out like sore thumbs and they kill the flow of the album :(

The best thing of the album is that it is structured with a beginning, a middle and an end, which gives you the perfect flow over the tracks.

Personally, my list of favorites:

Up with the Birds

Don't let it Break your Heart

Hurts like Heaven

Up in Flames

Charlie Brown

The best songs? The whole album :)

I just listened to the whole album and I got to say it's amazing even in comparison to the other CP records. It's just so different so full of energy. Great, great album !

Stand outs .. for me Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, ETIAW ( yeah you read that right ), Up in Flames and Us Against the World ... those are my favourites so far. But rest is very good too. One of their best albums definitely if not the best.

THANK YOU COLDPLAY !!