✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biggest Disappointment and Surprise of Mylo Xyloto

twitchy517

Dissapointment: HLH is really really bad. Me and my dad laughed at this track and POC is messy and too snythy.

Suprise: DLIBYH and UWTB saved the record.

I don't think laughing at the song is a bad thing. It's an intentionally silly, dancy song, in my opinion. Doesn't make it bad.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprises:

-The last three tracks are completely amazing. They made this album amazing.

-Every Teardrop and Major Minus sound so much better to me now.

-Charlie Brown almost made me poop my pants. It seriously went from super quiet to super loud. Awesome production on this song BTW. It doesn't sound fake and embellished. Just enough soul.

-UFO!!!!

-Princess of China amazing!! I don't care what people say.

Disappointments:

-Up In Flames (I was actually hoping this wasn't on the album)

-I honestly couldn't hear anything from Jonny on Hurts Like Heaven.

-Paradise is still lame.

-Even though Us Against The World is still awesome, the beginning sounds like something I could make on garageband.

Disappointment: Up in Flames is horrible, I would go as far as saying its the worst song Coldplay has ever done. The song order is really strange and the lyrics are all ridiculous. We already knew Chris isnt an amazing lyricist, but dang, most of the words have been reduced to "woo" "Oh" "Ah" and horrible metaphors.

Surprise: POC. I quite loved it. Its strange because a) I hate Rhianna b) its very 80's + hip hop. Somehow, they manage to trim down her Rhianna-isms and turned it into an enjoyable track. Is it too pop friendly? Yes, but since when is that such a crime! and I love love love DLIBYH, what a little surprise! :)

Disappointment: Hurts like Heaven (the overuse of the vocal effects) and Up in Flames (I liked it better with a natural kick drum as opposed to the electronic bass thing)

Surprise: Rihanna sounds great in Princess of China. Also, the gapless nature of the album! Oh and also DLIBYH and UWTB. Was not expecting that. So great.

Edit: Oh, and Us Against the World nearly brings me to tears.

Disappointment: that I didn't have the will power to wait until the actual album came out.

Surprise: Every song on this album is fantastic.

You know, I completely agree with this. I really do love every track, and I think the placement of all the songs is really brilliant, but halfway through -- when I was overwhelmed with pride and love for the boys -- I really wished I'd held out and refrained from listening to any of the new stuff. I've promised myself I'll do exactly that for LP6.

I love this album. So much.

Surprise: the final part of the album, it seems is too acoustic than expected

Disappointments: Jonny parts too edited, the three instrumentals are simply some intros and PoC has only Chris and Guy (where are Jonny and Will?) and the audio quality of the leak :)

Surprise: All the U songs are amazinggg.

Disappointment: why the voice on Hurts Like Heaven? And the guitar effect near the middle? It works great on Major Minus. But...well come to think of it the "Yes I feel a little bit nervous" part with the supreme voice distortion, I could kinda see how that works. :thinking: I'm hoping it will just take some getting used to. :S It's still an incredible song but the live version wins. Paradise is still as dreadful as ever. And disappointed in all the people who said Up in Flames wasn't good/was boring. Crazy people. :P Also I couldn't pick out the "Luminous" lyrics on the bottom of the album cover in any of the new songs. I don't think any of them used them, weird.

Disappointment: PoC, because I only see Chris and Rihanna on the song (like Patrizio said, where are the boys?) and Up in flames because I thought the song would improve on the album comparing to the live version and actually I ended up getting bored.

Surprise: the extremelly positive atmosphere of the album, I felt very happy when listening to the songs all together, the album really seems to grow on you.