✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biggest Disappointment and Surprise of Mylo Xyloto

twitchy517

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprises: the short interludes are great and really segue well into their songs. POC is really good despite the poor live recorded version we/ve been working off of, love the duet, do agree there should more Chris on it though, feels like a Rhianna and coldplay as a backing band. CB is amazing recorded - going to be a massive hit, that piano outro is so beautiful (thought it was too simple from the live version, but man great recorded. UATW is even better recorded (one of my favorites). U.F.O - what a great song, so beautiful, definitely a little Wedding bells-esque at the beginning.

UIF - absolutely love it, when i wasn't impressed with the live one we heard, love the synth bass drum or whatever that is with strings, chris' falsetto - man I understand what will is talking about now. UpWith Birds - what a great ending, especially from 1:35 on, synth birds? love it. AHT is so beautiful - wish it were longer, as well MX.

Dissapointments: Moving to Mars should have been on the album. the mix on both MX and HLH is off in my initial listen of HLH - love the robotic effects of his voice, but feel like the mix was just poorly done on it, and it's too loud on certain instruments in HLH whereas it is subdued on MX. MX should be a full song - god, what a sublime melody.

Not won over by DLIBYH yet - feel like it's a love child of X&Y's Things you don't understand with some xylos from Low married to Glass of Water. Kind of avg for me so far, but i'm sure it will grow like some of Coldplay's songs have done to me in the past, love it from 3:00 on though.

It's just curious how the people that says that one thing is a disappointment for that person, is a surprise for other one! :D

Anyways, I can't say one thing or other, because I'm one of these ones that will wait to the 24th until it's official released. I just have listened the 2 singles and Major Minus!

Biggest Disappointment: Princess of China. I tried to get into it, but I just can't. And it's not just cause Rihanna is in it, I just don't think the song is good. Also, the effects on Hurts Like Heaven.

Biggest Surprises: Up With the Birds, Up in Flames, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart are amazing. Love the interludes, especially UFO. And I really love the album versions of Charlie Brown and Us Against the World.

Biggest Disappointment: Princess of China. I tried to get into it, but I just can't. And it's not just cause Rihanna is in it, I just don't think the song is good. Also, the effects on Hurts Like Heaven.

Biggest Surprises: Up With the Birds, Up in Flames, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart are amazing. Love the interludes, especially UFO. And I really love the album versions of Charlie Brown and Us Against the World.

U.F.O. is not an interlude!

u.f.o is not an interlude - it's an actual song with words and longer length. POC is really good, wasn't a fan when i heard it at rock am ring, but man it's going to be huge. Not loving the first 3 mins of DLIBYH, reminds me too much of x & y era (which I loved) but just have gotten into it yet. I'm sure it will though.

Disappointment: How the album lacks cohesion SO MUCH!! And it's way overproduced. And Rhianna sucks so hard. I'm prepared to slaughter this album.

Surprise: Us Against The World is better than the live version, really impressed.

+1

Absolutely no directing line...

Listen to U.F.O. again, that song is based on Mylo Xyloto insturmental. A Hopeful Transmission too, but that's obvious.

Wow, you're right! That's awesome! Didn't notice because it's kind of subtle but wow.

Biggest Disappointment: Even though I love ETIAW and MM and the sheer change of pace between the two songs...I feel like it would have been better to use M.M.I.X. in the beginning of ETIAW as part of the song and then have some creepy intro in between that song and MM to ease the listener into the second half of the album. Kind of like the spacey riff Jonny does during the bridge of MM...But that's kind of a minor complaint and it doesn't bother me personally.

Biggest Surprises: PoC, DLIBYH and UwtB. Wow. I knew DLIBYH would be ETIAW-ish but it sounded completely different while being similar and threw me off guard in a good way. UwtB is so beautiful it makes me heart ache. In PoC, Rihanna did great and I love the song.

Biggest disappointment (even though I was expecting it) Hurts Like Heaven. :( Hate what they've done to it.

Biggest Surprise: DLIBYH. The reviews (and admittedly awful name) put me off it, but it's was a lovely surprise. Especially followed by UWTB. The final four tracks make this album.

Disappointment: Overproduced,some sounds way too swallowed by the others... Too much happening at the time. Up in flames is boring to death. Pretty short album. The interludes except for MX are ... pointless. A hopeful transmission annoys the hell out of me.

Paradise and ETIAW here, and MTM not.

Surprise: Princess of China. I mean, woah. Never thought I'd like it with Rihanna. But, she delivers indeed. Respect. UFO is brilliant. DLIBYH is pretty cool. UWTB is really brave. All in all, very different from Viva La Vida. Respect for that too.

Disappointment: Overproduction, Synths

Surprise: Up in Flames --> Up with the Birds. Best part of the album, let you totally forget songs like Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven. What a great way to end an album. Probz Coldplay, probz