✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biggest Disappointment and Surprise of Mylo Xyloto

twitchy517

I thought everyone knew Chris' vocals were distorted on HLH or is it the whole song? On the live recordings you can clearly hear portions where his voice is synthesised or something.

I can resist listening to the album before the release date, but can't resist reading everyones opinions who did cave! :lol:

Must say I'm excited that lots of people are saying it's better than they expected and that the 2nd half is great. Since I have already heard most of the first half dur to the singles and live shows and like most of those tracks, thinking I'm going to like the whole thing!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Album is all over the place.

Disappointment: Princess of China <- This was clearly made to play on Z100 or some pop station

Surprise: Just about every other track.

This is a really good album, not their best (which in my opinion is Rush of blood to the head)

Biggest Disappointment (because there are many disappointments) - Hurts Like Heaven. I know we had a live backing track that was really distorted and were hoping it wouldn't be indicative of the studio version. Well, too bad. Ugh.

Biggest surprise - Us Against the World. I made sure not to judge this one too much live because it was fully acoustic, whereas we knew the studio version would have a fair bit more production. But they thankfully restrained themselves in most areas and it's a candidate for my favorite on the album.

Disappointment: Hurts Like Heaven. It's still a good song, but the live versions are what made me love this song. Felt a little disappointed, but it isn't bad nonetheless.

Surprises: Princess of China, Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Us Against The World.

• PoC - They made Rihanna work into the song really well. I couldn't believe it when I first heard it.

• DLIBYH - Cheesy title. Not-so-good reviews. Me = :anxious:. Then I heard the song. Me = :shocked2:. Where did that song come from? Brilliant stuff.

• UATW - Didn't like the live version that much. Was a little boring, to say the least. But after hearing the studio version, I quite like it now. Definitely fits in after the energetic Charlie Brown :)

Hmm.

Biggest Disappointment: Princess of China. I only say this because its currently my least-favorite track. But it's growing on me.

Biggest Surprise: U.F.O. I thought this was going to be some instrumental. Turns out it's one of the band's best acoustic balads. Absolutely beautiful.

Positive: I love the vocals on HLH, totally different and I'm glad that it sounds different to the live versions!!! Same with Charlie brown really!!!

Negative: PoC just doesn't sound right to me, poor lyrics and I'm not 100% sure on the guest vocals!! Also think MTM would have been better, as someone else on he mentioned!

Surprise: A Hopeful Transmission's little reprise of the melody from MX, it's done a lot better. It almost sounded like salsa when I first heard it. :awesome: DLIBYH threw me off too, it was just some explosion of sound.

Disappoint: Charlie Brown is incredibly disappointment, the vocals are wishy-washy and the guitar is too quiet. UFO was a little underwhelming too.

Dissapointment: Princess of China, abomination, I didn't know what to think when I first heard it, I just really hope for the sake of Coldplay I grow to like this song.

Suprise: UFO! It was such a treat to hear atleast 2 minutes of Parachutes back on this album! And just the fact the majority of the album actually turned out to be a masterpiece!

Disappointment: I would have liked the random piano notes that Chris plays live in UIF at the beginning of the song to be on the studio version of the song. Seriously. THAT's my disappointment. Yeah, I think this album is perfect.

Surprise: Probably the mixing of HLH. so much more amazing and powerful than I expected.

Disappointing: The vocals and possibly mixing on HLH and Charlie Brown, it just feels like they're missing the mark (ya see what I did there?). Also, the very last line on Up in Flames I think would have sounded better if it were the way they had done it live, not in that higher voice

Surprise: How absolutely spectacular the rest of the album is! The actual track Mylo Xyloto was a bit different, but that's fine. HLH and Charlie Brown, which may be fixed if this is indeed an incomplete version, are still great, and Up in Flames is still a simple, touching song. Princess of China, despite being the most dreaded track by most people, was pulled off quite well. And U.F.O., DLIBYH, and Up with the Birds are better than I could have hoped! Up with the Birds and DLIBYH are probably my favorite songs of the album.

Dissapointment: All the intros (Mylo Xyloto, MMIX, A Hopeful Transmission), they'd be better as part of the song, not seperate tracks. And Up With The Birds. Not a huge fan of that song.

Surprise: Up In Flames sounds more electric. (But I guess the whole album does).