✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biggest Disappointment and Surprise of Mylo Xyloto

twitchy517

So as a way to be positive and negative at the same time, what is your biggest disappointment, and biggest surprise from the album

Disappointment: Hurts Like Heaven. It was absolutely my favorite of the live set, but lost something in the studio version. That's not to say it was bad, it just didn't live up to my expectations.

Surprise: Princess of China. Rihanna scared me, but I think it turned out really well.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointment: @twitchy517 " Hurts Like Heaven. It was absolutely my favorite of the live set, but lost something in the studio version. That's not to say it was bad, it just didn't live up to my expectations."

Surprise : UWTB

Biggest surprise is definitely Princess Of China. I know not everyone likes this one but I really love the lyrics and the beat is also nice. As for Rihanna, she really surprised me. I also really enjoyed the studio versions of Mylo Xyloto, Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Us Against The World. And the end with Up With The Birds is absolutely epic. What a beautiful track. The second part, when the guitar kicks in, kinda reminded me of Paul McCartney's Band On The Run.

I am really disappointed in Major Minus, especially placed directly after Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall. This one just doesn't seem to grow on me. And I'm still a bit disappointed with Paradise, but I do think it fits the album.

Overall the album is better than I expected. I would give it a 8/10.

Dissapointment: The lack of THEM in PoC :/

Surprise: the "Fix You" buildups from that article are soCOLDPAY

but yes, definitely overproduced

I'm fine with Major Minus though, compared with other things it sounds pretty Coldplay to me

I really do love the overall extra Guy and Johnny in most of it :DD

I'll stick by my 8/10

Dissapointment: Lack of CP in POC, also, even though i like the song, like "tauiwi", it seems out of place...

Surprise: There were so many for me......UATW, the mix of "classic" and "evolved" CP, DLIBYH being amazing, CB being awesome, HLH sounding great.....so many

Dissapointments:Almost all the tracks.

Suprise: UWTB.

Why is it that nearly every time i see a post of yours, it's always negative??

It's almost as if you did just come on here to hate. At least other people who dislike songs actually like the band in some way

Surprises: M.M.I.X., U.F.O., A Hopeful Transmission, Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Up With The Birds. All new songs are amazing. The second half of the album is better than the first one though (except, off course, of Princess Of China).

Dissapointments: The auto-tune in the voices and the over-production of a great part of the album. Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown... I was hoping something better from those incredible tunes.

I read somewhere that Chris Martin wanted this to be a master-piece... Well, this is far from being a master-piece, but has great tunes anyway.