✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[12-Nov-2011: Coldplay @ Saturday Night Live with host Emma Stone [CONFIRMED]

I was at the rehearsal show last night and the boys were absolutely amazing...basically before the live version they do a full dress rehearsal with a couple extra skits, then decide which couple to cut before the live show and change around the order somewhat.

Anyway, first when getting in line to enter the floor area i walked past the green room and saw Will and Jonny.... have never been able to talk to them before so stuck my head in and told them i loved them before security made me move on...

During the rehearsal, both songs sounded amazing. I know SNL is notorious for having bad sound.. it's probably made worse by the fact it sounds so amazing in the room. So they aren't as aware of how bad it sounds on TV. The boys played both songs incredibly well.. Paradise in particular was really really good, although Chris said "so she ran away in her sleep" instead of "and the bullets catch etc"

Anyway, they were hilarious in the Adele Skit and with Chris as Jan during Weekend Update (i think he's a rather good actor, remember his bit on Extras?) but highlight of the night for me was after the show running into Will in the back rooms... got to tell him that when Chris talks about kids in Nebraska loving the records, it really is true that people in the middle of the country love their music, that my friends and i all grew up to it and that they're our favorite band in the world, and that I thought the new record was brilliant. Best of all, he was so genuinely nice, told me he really appreciated that, was interested in the convo-- the fact they lived up their personalities made me so happy.

During the show I got a wave and a thumbs up from Chris when he spotted me wearing a 42 tshirt...over all one of the best days of my life. So great.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the rehearsal show last night and the boys were absolutely amazing...basically before the live version they do a full dress rehearsal with a couple extra skits, then decide which couple to cut before the live show and change around the order somewhat.

Anyway, first when getting in line to enter the floor area i walked past the green room and saw Will and Jonny.... have never been able to talk to them before so stuck my head in and told them i loved them before security made me move on...

During the rehearsal, both songs sounded amazing. I know SNL is notorious for having bad sound.. it's probably made worse by the fact it sounds so amazing in the room. So they aren't as aware of how bad it sounds on TV. The boys played both songs incredibly well.. Paradise in particular was really really good, although Chris said "so she ran away in her sleep" instead of "and the bullets catch etc"

Anyway, they were hilarious in the Adele Skit and with Chris as Jan during Weekend Update (i think he's a rather good actor, remember his bit on Extras?) but highlight of the night for me was after the show running into Will in the back rooms... got to tell him that when Chris talks about kids in Nebraska loving the records, it really is true that people in the middle of the country love their music, that my friends and i all grew up to it and that they're our favorite band in the world, and that I thought the new record was brilliant. Best of all, he was so genuinely nice, told me he really appreciated that, was interested in the convo-- the fact they lived up their personalities made me so happy.

During the show I got a wave and a thumbs up from Chris when he spotted me wearing a 42 tshirt...over all one of the best days of my life. So great.

Awesome! You're so lucky. ♥

Coldplay Caught Sobbing Over Adele Song During Tv Comedy Skit

Rockers Coldplay showed off their comedy skills on U.S. TV on Saturday night (12Nov11) as part of a skit about the power of fellow Brit Adele's emotionally-charged ballad Someone Like You.

The band were shown sobbing backstage at Saturday Night Live, where they were the week's musical guests, while watching a comedy segment where host Emma Stone and members of the TV show's cast played office employees using the hit to trigger crying sessions over missed promotions and feuding pets.

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin also made an appearance on the show as a bad wig-wearing 'back-up singer' for comedy couple Garth and Kat, played by comedians Fred Armisen and Kristin Wiig.

Wearing matching Thanksgiving themed waistcoats and turtle-neck sweaters, the trio attempted to make up songs about the holidays on the spot.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/coldplay-caught-sobbing-over-adele-song-during-tv-comedy-skit_1260584

• 4 months later...