✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[12-Nov-2011: Coldplay @ Saturday Night Live with host Emma Stone [CONFIRMED]

confirmed now! :)

Saturday, 12 November - Saturday Night Live, NBC, 11.30pm ET/PT, 10.30C

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=820

Have I missed this announcement or is it new? Couldn't find anything. Anyway MTV have written about this at the bottom of their PoC review:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1672622/coldplay-rihanna-princess-of-china.jhtml

The album is due out October 25, and the band will embark on a series of high-profile TV appearances to promote it, including a November 12 slot on "Saturday Night Live" with host Emma Stone. They'll also drop in at "The Colbert Report" on October 20, the "Today" show the next day and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on October 27.

emma6.jpg

Emma Stone on SNL with Coldplay

Emma Stone, star of Easy A, Zombieland, and The Help, may just believe that the second time’s a charm. We were thrilled to report the young actress is reuniting with so hot actor Ryan Gosling. They had crazy chemistry together in Crazy, Stupid, Love. I definitely wanted more screen time for the pair. Now they are shooting The Gangster Squad as characters who are married. What else will Emma thrill us with twice? Well, my friends, she’s returning to the set of Saturday Night Live.

Yep, this will mark the actress’s second time hosting SNL. Coldplay will be the musical guest. That should be enough for a great show, don’t you think? The coolness airs November 12th. Will you be tuning in?

In the future we will also see Emma in the Columbia Pictures and Marvel Entertainment super hero reboot, The Amazing Spider-Man. She trades her often red tresses for a blonde hue to bring to life Gwen Stacy, a love-interest of the wall crawler.

The last time Stone did SNL, she acted in the show’s recurring parody of The View, pretending to be Lindsay Lohan.

http://www.boomtron.com/2011/10/emma-stone-on-snl-with-coldplay/

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emma6.jpg

Emma Stone on SNL with Coldplay

Emma Stone, star of Easy A, Zombieland, and The Help, may just believe that the second time’s a charm. We were thrilled to report the young actress is reuniting with so hot actor Ryan Gosling. They had crazy chemistry together in Crazy, Stupid, Love. I definitely wanted more screen time for the pair. Now they are shooting The Gangster Squad as characters who are married. What else will Emma thrill us with twice? Well, my friends, she’s returning to the set of Saturday Night Live.

Yep, this will mark the actress’s second time hosting SNL. Coldplay will be the musical guest. That should be enough for a great show, don’t you think? The coolness airs November 12th. Will you be tuning in?

In the future we will also see Emma in the Columbia Pictures and Marvel Entertainment super hero reboot, The Amazing Spider-Man. She trades her often red tresses for a blonde hue to bring to life Gwen Stacy, a love-interest of the wall crawler.

The last time Stone did SNL, she acted in the show’s recurring parody of The View, pretending to be Lindsay Lohan.

http://www.boomtron.com/2011/10/emma-stone-on-snl-with-coldplay/

• 3 weeks later...
Last time they were on they played 3 and a half songs (Last one got cut off)

That's pretty weird how they did pretty much four songs. I wonder why...

That probably won't happen again though.

Cast member Amy Poehler went into labor that day and they couldn't do the skits she was in, so they filled the time with Coldplay. SNL is the reason Coldplay is my favorite band.

I change my guesses, Charlie Brown & Paradise. Paradise will be the first song played. If I could pick the songs they play, I would pick, Hurts Like Heaven & Charlie Brown.

With Maroon 5 as the musical act on last night's SNL, Adam Levine was all over the show, including playing Yanni in a sketch. I hope they do the same with the boys.

Chris isn't a man with lack of acting talent... i mean, really, he's got a very good talent on making jokes and stuff. Can't wait for the show!!!!

With Maroon 5 as the musical act on last night's SNL, Adam Levine was all over the show, including playing Yanni in a sketch. I hope they do the same with the boys.

I saw this and thought, "Hmmm" that would be cool if Chris stepped in and did a skit or with something with Jonny:lol:

I thought they should have acted in the episode with John Hamm (the one where they sang five songs)--I even "wrote" the rest of a sketch for them: the Halloween sketch where Will Forte shows up at John Hamm's door to trick or treat. After he leaves, John Hamm shuts the door. In my "new" sketch, Coldplay would ring the doorbell, and John Hamm would come out again and ask, "who are you guys supposed to be?" Chris would say, "We're Coldplay." John Hamm would say, "Who?"

Anyway, missed opportunity!

I thought they should have acted in the episode with John Hamm (the one where they sang five songs)--I even "wrote" the rest of a sketch for them: the Halloween sketch where Will Forte shows up at John Hamm's door to trick or treat. After he leaves, John Hamm shuts the door. In my "new" sketch, Coldplay would ring the doorbell, and John Hamm would come out again and ask, "who are you guys supposed to be?" Chris would say, "We're Coldplay." John Hamm would say, "Who?"

Anyway, missed opportunity!

:lol:

Really excited for this. I really love SNL, even though I often don't get all the (most of the time, political) jokes because I'm not from the States.

Hoping for some Chris action in some sketches, would be great. :laugh3: