✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Review] musicology.com 2.5/5

randomnames

Damn, I hate the site this comes from, because I really think the critic has some very good points. A bit too bitter perhaps. He doesn't sound like a long-time hater, more like a disappointed long-time fan, like me. Read again, you will understand what I mean.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Coldplay had their mellow, chill sound, people wanted them to change and be more energetic and they called their older songs "crap" along with other explicit words. And now that they have been doing more energetic sounds and "overproduced" songs, the world wants them to go back to their roots. you just can't satisfy everybody and people are selfish.

I want the old Coldplay back but I don't mind this route that they're taking. As long as they, AS INDIVIDUALS, are happy, then I am happy. One day we'll get a striped down acoustic album and all will be right with the world again. Mylo Xyloto is not terrible, but it seems like the world wants to point this album as the "X&Y" of the Viva la Vida+Mylo Xyloto+LP6 trilogy?

There's that one interview where Chris says, "I don't care anymore about what people think." And for the past 10 years we have heard Chris being worried about what people think about them and what not but he just doesn't care anymore and that says ALOT. And he was serious about it too, we often witness Chris lie about many things but this wasn't one of them. I say, let them make the music they want to make. They are still Coldplay. Sure maybe you could say that they are going more commercial but we all have been sticking with them for years and we could say(in some weird way) that we have a personal connection with them. To the fellow die-hard Coldplayer, I believe that you have grown with Coldplay as if you were a fellow friend. No doubt Coldplay has changed some of our lives. But remember they are just like us, normal chaps with extraordinary talent. Let us not be so critical as the world is but let us be supportive of our best friends.

When Coldplay had their mellow, chill sound, people wanted them to change and be more energetic and they called their older songs "crap" along with other explicit words. And now that they have been doing more energetic sounds and "overproduced" songs, the world wants them to go back to their roots. you just can't satisfy everybody and people are selfish.

I want the old Coldplay back but I don't mind this route that they're taking. As long as they, AS INDIVIDUALS, are happy, then I am happy. One day we'll get a striped down acoustic album and all will be right with the world again. Mylo Xyloto is not terrible, but it seems like the world wants to point this album as the "X&Y" of the Viva la Vida+Mylo Xyloto+LP6 trilogy?

There's that one interview where Chris says, "I don't care anymore about what people think." And for the past 10 years we have heard Chris being worried about what people think about them and what not but he just doesn't care anymore and that says ALOT. And he was serious about it too, we often witness Chris lie about many things but this wasn't one of them. I say, let them make the music they want to make. They are still Coldplay. Sure maybe you could say that they are going more commercial but we all have been sticking with them for years and we could say(in some weird way) that we have a personal connection with them. To the fellow die-hard Coldplayer, I believe that you have grown with Coldplay as if you were a fellow friend. No doubt Coldplay has changed some of our lives. But remember they are just like us, normal chaps with extraordinary talent. Let us not be so critical as the world is but let us be supportive of our best friends.

I agree with all of this except the fact that I love MX just as much as the other albums. Other than that I agree 100 %

Keep in mind that the same people who crapped on their old songs aren't the same people who want them to return to their old sound now. But I do think that the rest of you post holds a lot of truth.

This x 10000000000000000000000

I agree with all of this except the fact that I love MX just as much as the other albums. Other than that I agree 100 %

I love Mylo Xyloto too! I have just stopped comparing it to their previous albums. I love it for what it is. It is exciting and fast paced but calms you down towards the end. With Mylo Xyloto, I walk outside, push play and I start my adventure and take on the world, so to say. A bit cheesy but true haha

I love Mylo Xyloto too! I have just stopped comparing it to their previous albums. I love it for what it is. It is exciting and fast paced but calms you down towards the end. With Mylo Xyloto, I walk outside, push play and I start my adventure and take on the world, so to say. A bit cheesy but true haha

its not cheesy, its true! MX is an adventure. I agree with you again, I cant compare MX to their past albums, its totally different! :)

(Sorry for my bad English)

I've already heard the whole album and I've pre-order it too.

As a 'long-time die hard fan' I've got say it's a very 'strange' album.

I like the idea that most of the songs support each other that's why you'll need to listen the whole album in one moment and not just random choose songs if you're hearing it for the first time ;) My favourite songs are (My Fav album is Parachutes so...): UFO (it has the same guitar chords of wedding bells beautiful), Up In Flames (love the falsetto), Up With The Birds (very experimented + the end: guitar and drums drop in; nice) and of course UATW (very lovely song) => they're all very acoustic

MX + HLH make a good combination too (nice guitar); CB is going to be a hit

PoC I don't know; Chris and Rihanna make a good duet but I think I need to listen it a few more time

Paradise I can live with that

MMIX + ETIAW they make a good combination too (just don't like ETIAW)

Major Minus: really like it (reminds me of GPASUYF)

DLIBYH reminds me of A Whisper very powerfull too; like it ;)

I know some people will disagree with my review and I think that's quite normal because everybody has his own opinion and feelings about it ;)

(Sorry for my bad English)

I've already heard the whole album and I've pre-order it too.

As a 'long-time die hard fan' I've got say it's a very 'strange' album.

I like the idea that most of the songs support each other that's why you'll need to listen the whole album in one moment and not just random choose songs if you're hearing it for the first time ;) My favourite songs are (My Fav album is Parachutes so...): UFO (it has the same guitar chords of wedding bells beautiful), Up In Flames (love the falsetto), Up With The Birds (very experimented + the end: guitar and drums drop in; nice) and of course UATW (very lovely song) => they're all very acoustic

MX + HLH make a good combination too (nice guitar); CB is going to be a hit

PoC I don't know; Chris and Rihanna make a good duet but I think I need to listen it a few more time

Paradise I can live with that (love the intro)

MMIX + ETIAW they make a good combination too

Major Minus: really like it (reminds me of GPASUYF)

DLIBYH reminds me of A Whisper very powerfull too; like it ;)

Dont apologise, your english is fine! I agree with you but I do love POC ;)

I have nothing to add. This review 100% captures how I feel. And yes, this album did indeed break my heart.

I feel disappointed for you, cause Coldplay albums don't come round too often, but who knows, there'll more than likely be an EP, which you might prefer :)

I'm sorry guys, but imo this review is a piece of shit!!! They cant get past the fact that IF A BAND KEEPS MAKING THE SAME KIND OF MUSIC, PEOPLE WILL GET BORED AND THE MORE SONGS THEY WRITE THAT SOUND THE SAME THE HARDER IT WILL BECOME TO WRITE THEM!!!!!! No-one should be criticised for wanting to reinvent themselves after every album, it keeps things fresh. Also, I think out of all their albums this is the one with the MOST soul. Look at songs like UWTB, UATW, UFO, UIF! It just feels like this reviewer guy is jumping on the Coldplay hate bandwagon when most people have got over themselves and jumped off of it!!!

In my opinion, this is a very good review which raises very good points and doesn't criticize for the sake of it, it gives reasons. One may or may not agree, but it is certainly not a piece of shit. You see, whenever somebody says something negative about Mylo Xyloto, all of you who love it always say that they're stuck in the past. Reinvention is great but that doesn't mean the results are always going to be good. I don't think this is a good album NOT because they have reinvented their sound but mainly because the result in my opinion is messy, lacks cohesion and it's just not that great. That's my opinion, you can agree or disagree but please don't call my post a piece of shit. I am one of the few Coldplay fans who think X&Y is their best album up there with A Rush, so I actually welcome change and evolution. It is just not my cup of tea this time around.

The review was wrong though.

The album isn't constructed in Pro Tools. He is implying this is pop electronic stuff with that statement.

Funny how they gave The King of Limbs a great review when that was also overproduced (it had to be, it was purely a studio creation). What is the problem people have with working with electronics to make albums?

The review was wrong though.

The album isn't constructed in Pro Tools. He is implying this is pop electronic stuff with that statement.

Funny how they gave The King of Limbs a great review when that was also overproduced (it had to be, it was purely a studio creation). What is the problem people have with working with electronics to make albums?

I agree with you there. I love electronic music, in fact I'm mostly a house, elektro and trance lover, but also like many other kinds of music, including my favorite band, Coldplay. I was EXTREMELY happy when I read about Mylo Xyloto incoporating more elctronic stuff and the whole concept sounded great but, like I said, I just don't like the final product.