✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Review] NME Rates Mylo Xyloto 5/10 [Scan added Pg. 3]

maricircus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never liked NMe, and not just cause they don't like Coldplay or Oasis. Everything they write is opinionated and they always hate on bands in their articles. There not professional and they don't write good reviews. Even if they gave MX a 10/10, I would still hate NME.

You could say they're my arch NME.

Oh God bad jokes.....

Stop reading reviews! Music is subjective. If you like it then great. If you don't then that's great too. I want to read about the style not what somebody's opinion is on it. Couldn't care two monkeys! Q tends to be one if the best as they tend to stick to describing the actual music on an album rather than inches and inches of mindless drivel....it's called pretentiousness!

Stop reading reviews! Music is subjective. If you like it then great. If you don't then that's great too. I want to read about the style not what somebody's opinion is on it. Couldn't care two monkeys! Q tends to be one if the best as they tend to stick to describing the actual music on an album rather than inches and inches of mindless drivel....it's called pretentiousness!

Yup. In the end, all that matters is how you feel about it.

Don't read critic, be a critic yourself that's a thing i learn year's ago when i realize that many times critics are like anyone else, they vulnerable to their feelings, and their feelings make then biases. Critiquing a piece of art is not exact science...

Has anyone noticed the NME headlines about Coldplay recently?

• Kanye West "changed the way Coldplay listened to music"
  • Charlie Brown was written in a kids' dolls house
  • Chris Martin's family don't listen to Coldplay
  • Rihanna turned Chris into a "Hugh Grant-like mess"
  • Paradise divides NME users (one compares it to Cliff Richard)

It just seems that they listen to an interview and conjure a piece to rile indie fans.

Doesn't matter that Kanye is a visionary, Coldplay are open-minded people and that Chris Martin is actually, a rather nice bloke. Oh no. They don't use distortion pedals. They don't ape Stone Roses. They want to play big crowds. How dare they aspire.

NME is a shit newspaper.

They just love to hate on British bands that aren't britpop, such as Radiohead and Coldplay, who they have been flaming for the whole year.

Completely agree with you on the first point - I've said number of times that I don't think NME is a very good magazine.

That being said, how can you say they hate on Coldplay given their past reviews (which includes an 8/10 for Princess of China)?

NME is definitely the odd one out on this one. All of the other reviews have ranged from "good" to "outstanding," and trust me, nobody listens to NME any more. They're a joke. Not just because of this--they haven't put out a worthwhile magazine in...what, ten years? It's so sensationalist and snarky now.

NME: Not Musically Enlightened.

^Agree.

But thats the point if a big band like Coldplay changes their style so radical. There will be always people who find it shitty.

With regard to the lovely production and all the warm songs on the record like Us against the World, U.F.O., Up with the Birds and Up in Flames the review is nothing than shit in my view.

See this is where I disagree. I don't really find Mylo to be all that different or radical, musically. At all the songs core, these are pretty simplistic tracks (in terms of the writing).

The electronic elements are nice, but don't really do much other then to dress up the songs.