[Review] NME Rates Mylo Xyloto 5/10 [Scan added Pg. 3]

maricircus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^Agree.

But thats the point if a big band like Coldplay changes their style so radical. There will be always people who find it shitty.

With regard to the lovely production and all the warm songs on the record like Us against the World, U.F.O., Up with the Birds and Up in Flames the review is nothing than shit in my view.

I am not surprised. NME keeps posting Coldplay related article on Facebook clearly taunting the band and the readers there comment with all the hateful remarks in the world. Now,with this rating they will please all the readers.

Typical.

Guest howyousawtheworld

NME? 5/10....must mean it's quality then! Come on guys these are the people who still think wish they were in the midst of Britpop. Desperate in hyping up Kasabian as the next big thing but they are nothing but a bunch of soulless louts. Thankfully I don't think many people are buying into their campaign. Serge Pizzornio claimed their latest album was "the greatest British album of the last 15 years'. Yeah Serge! When does your comedy tour start?! :lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Frickin...I don't even...

No. Just...no.

Yes. That man is deluded. He thinks he's got songwriting talent. But in reality he's just another generic indie faff arse.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Has anyone seen their "Coldplay's top 10 songs" video. How generic a list can you get?! It's an awful list.

A site who hates on Coldplay gives Coldplay a bad review.

To put it in perspective, NME's ratings for:

Parachutes - 9/10

A Rush of Blood to the Head - 9/10

X&Y - 9/10

Viva la Vida - 8/10

Not to mention they gave Princess of China an 8/10.

So I don't think it's fair to say NME just hates on Coldplay. That being said, I still think NME is worthless.

im gonna have to agree 100% with howyouseetheworld. I live in America and it seems like NME always has something against Coldplay and that they are only interesting in promoting the next oasis which they believe is Kasabian. Kasabian is an okay band an I used to be a big fan but Ive always followed coldplay and have grown as a fan since. I follow any direction that they take and appreciate any music they make. To say one of their albums is better than the other I have to say now is unfair because clearly they reinvent themselves each time and sound great on every record whether it is acoustically like parachutes or this booming atmosphere of sound we hear in MX. I love all of their songs and love this new upbeat and colorful direction. Sorry NME and over here in America NY times.... your bashing the wrong group of musicians. if anything they should be given praise for their hard work ethic and aility to push their musical talents.