✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So who else thinks this is by far Coldplay's weakest album yet?

TwistedPolitik

Or I don't want to believe it.[/size] And even if it is true, as long as the music is good, it shouldn't matter.

He does admire all those people, but he admires a lot of other people too. Chris Martin admires anyone. In those same articles he also mentions artists who are critically acclaimed. (Radiohead, anyone?)

And he doesn't crave fame, at all.

The thing that worries me most, is when Chris says he writes songs that would fit Glastonbury and that he likes singalongs. Singalongs are awesome, but right now they mean simple lyrics and lots of oooh's. They have to be very careful with that, or they'll become a joke. I think they need to write songs again that would fit better in a small room instead of a huge festival.

MX might be far from their best, but I'm convinced they made it because they like it, not because they want to be more famous. They want to get better, not bigger. They can't get much bigger anyway.

I think Coldplay, including Chris, always want to improve. Doesn't mean they'll always succeed, but they do try.

Edit: And footyfan, I'll read your review ;)

THIS :nod:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, the MX era is very confusing to me. I may misinterpret an article or two, but I can't escape the impression Chris is not satisfied with where Coldplay are. He seems convinced of Coldplay's insignificance in the world of music, or rather how little they are and that they should just reconcile with it. And it is nowhere near the truth! Coldplay are very important name in music industry, have established themselves as one of the biggest bands nowadays and have made a huge impact on many other bands that are just starting to conquer the hearts of the audience. I'm not silly to say they're the best band in the world, although I myself might feel that way, but they certainly mean a lot.

As to the songs like ETIAW, they really might be exploring the unknown and it is the means by which they try to enhance their music, not their style, because they don't want to be defined as a band successful in only one, specific field but rather strive to be so in all kinds of music.

It is that I couldn't imagine them as dealing with that kind of songs what prevented me to accept the change, which might, though I hope will not, be definite.

Sounds horrible but I must admit I am a little bored of the album after just 1 week, i have never felt like this about any coldplay album before, maybe its me and my state of mind at the moment, I don't know, I am under alot of pressure. I hope it is my mood, I don't like feeling bored by coldplay!!!

thats exactly how i feel and it has nothing to do with my mood. i find myself listening to AROBTH and VLV over and over and over again everyday but bizarrely dont bother with MX!!! even though its just been released

This album is different AND bad.

And Pitchfork gave it a 7/10. Now it's confirmed: they like bad music.

I just think it's because Pitchfork are going through a phase of giving good ratings to pop music as well as dance pop influenced alternative rock like M83 and, yes, Mylo Xyloto

thats exactly how i feel and it has nothing to do with my mood. i find myself listening to AROBTH and VLV over and over and over again everyday but bizarrely dont bother with MX!!! even though its just been released

Until this morning's morning trip to work I hadn't listened to the new album in about six days. I'm a massive fan and with other albums they've been slammed on repeat for weeks and not got old. The weird thing is that MX hasn't got old for me, I enjoy listnening to it, but I just don't go to the effort to. I blame myself for watching so many summer festivals and having the live versions of the new tracks on my iPhone for months. It's not necessarily the album being bad, It's just that we had easy access to it's tracks very early on.

I did not even listen to it yesterday ... I'm getting a bit tired of it... I'm still listening to it but not all the songs... I skip 1-2 songs on VLV, none on AROBTTH, a couple on Parachutes, a lot on X&Y and a lot on MX. :( I'm getting ''tired'' of MX already :cry:

I only listened to the album once. And I intent not to listen to it again for some good time.

A brazilian comedian once said there are only two kinds of joke: the good and the bad ones. The same can be said about music. And THIS, this is BAD.

According to whom?

God? Because he hasn't put his review out yet. Nor has Jesus or his disciples.

Gotta be Barack Obama, right? No wait, he's busy.

How about the UN: A collection of world leaders trying to gain world peace? Nope.

Not even the EU. They have not put out an official statement on the new Coldplay album yet. In fact, no world leaders have yet declared their disdain for the new Coldplay album and Chris Martin's fame-hungry corruption.

OH RIGHT. According to some kid living in his mother's basement whose hobbies include trolling Coldplay forums and listening to obscure comedy instead of having a life. Sounds right.

According to whom?

How about the UN: A collection of world leaders trying to gain world peace? Nope.

Not even the EU. They have not put out an official statement on the new Coldplay album yet. In fact, no world leaders have yet declared their disdain for the new Coldplay album and Chris Martin's fame-hungry corruption.

OH RIGHT. According to some kid living in his mother's basement whose hobbies include trolling Coldplay forums and listening to obscure comedy instead of having a life. Sounds right.

That's CLASSIC.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean its bad.

It's kind of obvious that when someone says an album is bad they actually mean they don't like it. Do I really have to explain this?

So it's bad because it doesn't sound like Parachutes, AROCBTTH, and VLV??

So, it's good because it doesn't sound like their previous albums?

According to whom?

I'm not sure if you understood my post, so I'll explain myself.

There are many people saying "stop saying this album is bad, it's just different" like those things were complete opposites and unable to happen simultaneously.

The brazilian comedian I was talking about was Chico Anysio, and he's perhaps the most important and famous brazilian comedian there is. Not obscure at all (well, at least not for me, because I'm brazilian). But it doesn't matter, what matter is what he meant. You can label a song or album under a certain genre, or you can say it sounds like this or that, but at the end, it all comes down to whether it's good or bad (or if you like it or not, to be more precise).

You like the album? Great, good for you, but please stop trying to convince those who don't by saying "it's not bad, just different from their previous albums". It won't work and it's really annoying.

God, those who dislike a Coldplay song or album can't say so in this forum, can they?

noone is telling that you cant say its bad, if its bad good for you listen another cd dont buy it if you already buy it give it as a gift but dont do ridiculous threads showing your dislikeness this thread sucks big time

God, those who dislike a Coldplay song or album can't say so in this forum, can they?

True, this post proves it

I don't care people that doesn't like the album (lie, I care, but I won't try to change their mind anymore) but I can't deal with someone trying to make the OTHERS doesn't like it too.

What's your problem? Go listen to

(Fucking)

Muse,

(Fucking)

Radiohead, if people LIKE the album there's no problem with this. The problem is on you.

This topic should be deleted, and you should be banned.

Not when it's shallow and has no warrant. I criticize the album plenty. But with reason. It's the same as if I said "OMGZ MX IS SO AMAZING HAVE MY BABIES CHRIS." It gives nothing concrete and is no better than trolling. There is no penultimate opinion which reigns supreme. You are not God.

Use this as a template:

I think MX is bad because _________

Instead of

And THIS, this is BAD.

Of course if you say that in a Coldplay fan site with no evidence or anything (especially in the fanboy/fangirl part of the forum) you're going to get a backlash. Duhhhh.

Especially when...

I only listened to the album once.

Because this proves you're shallow-ended. You didn't give it a fair chance. That's why it's annoying.

It's kind of obvious that when someone says an album is bad they actually mean they don't like it. Do I really have to explain this?

QUOTE]

You might want to stop coming after my posts and find something new to do with your time. Quit treating me like some kind of idiot because I do not care for how you are responding to things I've said. .. And I WILL CONTINUE to say MX is NOT A BAD ALBUM. Its disrespectful to say it like that, it DOES NOT need to be put that way. If you dont like MX, then maybe you should get out of the MX THREADS. Seriously. No one is holding you captive in this section. Stop responding to me, we are OBVIOUSLY going to continue to disagree.

You might want to stop coming after my posts and find something new to do with your time. Quit treating me like some kind of idiot because I do not care for how you are responding to things I've said. .. And I WILL CONTINUE to say MX is NOT A BAD ALBUM. Its disrespectful to say it like that, it DOES NOT need to be put that way. If you dont like MX, then maybe you should get out of the MX THREADS. Seriously. No one is holding you captive in this section. Stop responding to me, we are OBVIOUSLY going to continue to disagree.

You're so bitter.