✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So who else thinks this is by far Coldplay's weakest album yet?

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That argument might work if you weren't talking to someone who liked all of their previous albums. Try again.

My point is the only ones creating a link between the album being good/bad and the way it sound are those who like the album. I dislike the album, and it doesn't have anything to do with how it sound compared to their previous albums.

Not when it's shallow and has no warrant. I criticize the album plenty. But with reason.

Obviously I have my reasons to dislike it, but I didn't came here to tell them. I just wanted to show how stupid saying "you dislike the album only because it's a departure from their previous work" is.

this proves you're shallow-ended. You didn't give it a fair chance. That's why it's annoying.

Most of the songs were already known anyway. I'd already heard the dreadful ETIAW, Paradise and PoC many times. The best song, Charlie Brown, was already known too. The only "new" song that stood out to me was "Up With The Birds";

You might want to stop coming after my posts and find something new to do with your time. Quit treating me like some kind of idiot because I do not care for how you are responding to things I've said. .. And I WILL CONTINUE to say MX is NOT A BAD ALBUM. Its disrespectful to say it like that, it DOES NOT need to be put that way. If you dont like MX, then maybe you should get out of the MX THREADS. Seriously. No one is holding you captive in this section. Stop responding to me, we are OBVIOUSLY going to continue to disagree.

Last time I checked, this was still the MX discussion forum, not the "forum for those who loved MX only". But it might've changed, let me check... uh, no this continues to be the MX discussion forum.

But you're right, maybe I should leave the fangirl zone.

Last time I checked, this was still the MX discussion forum, not the "forum for those who loved MX only". But it might've changed, let me check... uh, no this continues to be the MX discussion forum.

But you're right, maybe I should leave the fangirl zone.

Seriously. LEAVE ME ALONE. you are creeping me out. We disagreed, time to move on, its over....:inquisitive:

So you're saying they're deliberately being more "pop" just because they want to sell, like, they plan to make that sort of music to be commercially succesfull. You know, once Chris said they wanted to get better not bigger, he probably changed his mind then.

I'm probably just naive in thinking that an artist is composing and playing music because they feel an inspiration, not because they're driven by the money and sell, sell, sell.

Bit late on this, but pop probably is what they're inspired by these days. That's what most music is nowadays, so that's probably what they're listening to. This is them trying to expand their sound. I don't think they're just trying to sell, they're trying to make good music (and being inspired by what is considered good music now)

X&Y will always be the worst album.

Low? What If? White Shadows? and its 60 minutes? I can't listen to it all the way through.

Look at the worst songs from MX and X&Y. The MX ones at least have redeeming qualities.

Yep, What If sucks, but Low isn't that bad (well, it's surely better than ETIAW, Paradise and PoC). White Shadows is great.

But let's talk about the good songs.

X&Y: Square One is awesome. Fix You is good, but it's overrated. White Shadows is great. Talk is superb. Speed Of Sound is great. A Message is one of their best songs. The Hardest Part is good and extremely underrated. Swallowed In The Sea is amazing. Twisted Logic is very good and also underrated. 'Til Kingdom Come is a good song.

MX: Charlie Brown is amazing. Up With The Birds is very good.

Low is the shit :cool:

Good songs on X&Y: Square One, White Shadows, Fix You, Talk, A Message, Low, Swallowed in the Sea, Twisted Logic, Kingdom Come

......Total time of good songs: 43.7 mins

They should have cut out the other four (What If, X&Y, Speed of Sound, The Hardest Part) and it would have been a much better album. Too bloated, in my opinion.

Moreover, why does every thread always turn into a debate about X&Y? :laugh3:

Simply put from my perspective: MX underrated but still is middle of the road compared to other albums in my personal rankings. I can conceive of it being the weakest album (I don't think so, but I can respect it if followed up with legit reasonings) but to say that it is by far is a stretch.

I don't see how OP called it a safe album. I think it's anything but given this hip hop infusion and a collab. Safe would be if they repeated exactly what they did before and if it sounded similar to what worked. To be honest, I wouldn't mind hearing this 'safe sounding' album :p. i'm not afraid to say I want AROBTTH II or Parachutes II. having said that, I repect them for trying something new. Perhaps you're seeing something from a different angle i'm missing.

Good songs on X&Y: Square One, White Shadows, Fix You, Talk, A Message, Low, Swallowed in the Sea, Twisted Logic, Kingdom Come

They should have cut out the other four (What If, X&Y, Speed of Sound, The Hardest Part) and it would have been a much better album. Too bloated, in my opinion.

I thought every thread turned into Car Kids?

well, tastes differ - see , to me, X&Y is the best song on the album. :)

first 3 listens: :o! :stunned::shocked2::bigcry::dazzled:

4th-now: :confused::uneasy::sleeping:

It felt like getting back with your idiot ex. At first its all romantic then, the idiocy re-emerges. :worried2: I blame my being excited over new material for the "beer goggles" but let's not kid ourselves, the album kinda stinks.

Besides, I dont think I cant forgive the awfulness that is "Up in Flames" :wreck:

They must dump Eno.

And go back to being Coldplay.