✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So who else thinks this is by far Coldplay's weakest album yet?

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that everyone have different tastes and feelings about music, but I can't understand why people say that MX is bad...maybe is not of their taste but is not bad, they are changing as a lot of us do. I like how MX sounds, for me is like pure happiness and I love that. Just my opinion.

I like pop music, as I said earlier. If you even cared about opinions you'd have acknowledged that I'd explained and given some good reasons why I think it is a very mediocre album. I just think anyone who uses the "Oh it's different, not bad" response is a blind fanboy who will not listen to reasoning. Face it, I think it IS a mediocre album. It's not me saying "I personally dislike it", I'm genuinely saying that it's not a good record. If you don't like it, get out of the thread instead of crying to everyone about how you can't accept the fact some people view it as bad.

I like pop music, as I said earlier. If you even cared about opinions you'd have acknowledged that I'd explained and given some good reasons why I think it is a very mediocre album. I just think anyone who uses the "Oh it's different, not bad" response is a blind fanboy who will not listen to reasoning. Face it, I think it IS a mediocre album. It's not me saying "I personally dislike it", I'm genuinely saying that it's not a good record. If you don't like it, get out of the thread instead of crying to everyone about how you can't accept the fact some people view it as bad.

Ok I get your point :) So maybe we all can say our opinion and accep it, don't you think? :)

What I don't understand is why someone who doesn't like the album has to spend all his free time trying to prove how bad it is. If I don't like something, I move on. I'm not going to waste my time talking about it. And as long as there are MX haters on this forum, the MX lovers will defend the album.

Not everyone will like the same thing.

We won't convince anyone to like MX just because we do and haters won't convince anyone to hate it either.

Music is very subjective, you either love it or hate it. No need to explain anything!

So now I'm being accused of spending all my free time trying to prove something... No. I just felt like posting this thread to see if anyone else shared my views. I am trying to prove nothing. People have wondered why I dislike it, I explained. It seems to me like you're the one spending all your free time trying to prove something, only your point seems so inane that I can't quite put my finger on what it is you're tyring to prove.

The only reason I'm bothering to argue about it now is because I want to kill the half hour wait until the Grand Theft Auto V trailer comes online.

What did you think of it?

It looks okay, I mean... it's SA again

Rockstar aren't really bringing anything FRESH. bugs me.

I'm so excited for it. SA was a bit too ambitious to work on previous gen consoles. But I feel this has genuine potential to be the best game ever made (IMO). SA was incredible and so vast, I was blown away by it when I got it at release. I was blown away again by GTA4. I can not fathom how immense this will be with both of those together.

I found the trailer very good too. It hinted at many things but confirmed nothing, more teaser trailers should be like it.

Weakest in most aspects, definitely. The only good thing that came out of the LP5 era was Moving To Mars, but that was not even in the album. VLV on the other hand, though my least favourite album before MX, has some pretty good songs to compensate the bad ones.

That being said, it was still a listenable album as a whole. Just not what I would play over and over again in my playlist.

edit: Sorry to interrupt whatever (offtopic :P)stuff you're talking about.

I'm so excited for it. SA was a bit too ambitious to work on previous gen consoles. But I feel this has genuine potential to be the best game ever made (IMO). SA was incredible and so vast, I was blown away by it when I got it at release. I was blown away again by GTA4. I can not fathom how immense this will be with both of those together.

I found the trailer very good too. It hinted at many things but confirmed nothing, more teaser trailers should be like it.

Apologies for going off topic again, this'll be the last, but-

a BOAT load of people saying the protagonist is Tommy Vercetti.

now I'm not one to jump on no bandwagon, I'm british so I'm a pessimist :P

but if you watch the trailer, and listen to him, then go listen to a VC cutscene it does sound a lot like Ray Liotta and could actually be him but older in SA.

Guest REManic

I think I agree with your initial comment, TwistedPolitik. It's the first Coldplay album I'm not particularly fond of. In a way, I am disappointed, but not bitterly, because I was sort of expecting the album to be poppy and beat-driven.

first 3 listens: :o! :stunned::shocked2::bigcry::dazzled:

4th-now: :confused::uneasy::sleeping:

It felt like getting back with your idiot ex. At first its all romantic then, the idiocy re-emerges. :worried2: I blame my being excited over new material for the "beer goggles" but let's not kid ourselves, the album kinda stinks.

Besides, I dont think I cant forgive the awfulness that is "Up in Flames" :wreck:

They must dump Eno.

And go back to being Coldplay.

yeah up in flames is definitely their worst song to date. least sophisticated rock song i've ever heard.

and as for eno, he wont be around for LP6. im sure of it

yeah i was drooling watching the trailer. it looks epic :D