✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's your favorite song on Mylo Xyloto?

mediahound

UWTB for me. Haha, who voted for MMIX & AHT? :D :P

can you tell me why UWTB is so good? I'm not hating, I just want someone to tell me why they like so much so that maybe I will like it some day too. Cuz I'm not feeling it for some reason I cannot explain.

^At first I didn't really get it either. But weeks after I've first listened to it, I decided to try it again. And I cried :wacky:

Personally, first of all I find the lyrics to be very beautiful. Then, the first part is dreamy, but then suddenly you feel like the birds finally take off and fly, and there's the second part of the song kickin in, where the character claims his love for the girl, what he's ready to do for her, and his optimism and...you know, the music accompanies the lyrics perfectly, imo...

And it has a great message :wacky:

Anyway, I find it so hauntingly beautiful :awesome:

:heart:

^At first I didn't really get it either. But weeks after I've first listened to it, I decided to try it again. And I cried :wacky:

Personally, first of all I find the lyrics to be very beautiful. Then, the first part is dreamy, but then suddenly you feel like the birds finally take off and fly, and there's the second part of the song kickin in, where the character claims his love for the girl, what he's ready to do for her, and his optimism and...you know, the music accompanies the lyrics perfectly, imo...

And it has a great message :wacky:

Anyway, I find it so hauntingly beautiful :awesome:

:heart:

thanks! i'm gonna try to let it grow on me. ;)

hate to nit-pick but, you think parachutes is the least cohesive?

your definition of cohesive may be different than mine so I will clarify.

To me cohesiveness equals flow. Parachutes flows very well, in a way that it can lull you to sleep (in a good way).

Now if I thought cohesivenss meant that it tells a story then yeah you're right. Parachutes doesn't tell a story.

But from a band like Coldplay, I'm not expecting a lyrical masterpiece. So if an album flows musically I am happy.

It could mean both things. And I agree with everything you said.

Even though MX has interludes and changes from bombastic to acoustic songs, I find it more playable from start to finish than Parachutes.

My personal favorite is Charlie Brown. It's a beautiful masterpiece! Just like the whole album! But I feel like Charlie Brown has something connected with their old music (*cough* Clocks *cough*). The album is amazing, espicially in love too with Up With The Birds. The songs connected like it's one track? Genius. Props, they worked hard on that album... WORTH IT!

My personal favorite is Charlie Brown. It's a beautiful masterpiece! Just like the whole album! But I feel like Charlie Brown has something connected with their old music (*cough* Clocks *cough*). The album is amazing, espicially in love too with Up With The Birds. The songs connected like it's one track? Genius. Props, they worked hard on that album... WORTH IT!

THANK YOU! I was starting to think I was the only one feeling that :lol:

Oh and yes UWTB is so beautiful :wacky:

It is hard to chose, I love every song on it, but I went crazy when I first heard Major Minus in Germany last year. It's a brilliant live song, all the guitars. Almost every song from MX is brilliant live, but I like the rough style of Major Minus.

And I have to say, DLIBYH is the one I almost don't listen to, I don't like it that much.

It is hard to chose, I love every song on it, but I went crazy when I first heard Major Minus in Germany last year. It's a brilliant live song, all the guitars. Almost every song from MX is brilliant live, but I like the rough style of Major Minus.

And I have to say, DLIBYH is the one I almost don't listen to, I don't like it that much.

I'm not alone! :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

Up with the birds even if it really sounds like an unfinished song.

When the rhythm starts and you feel like in the middle of the song then it ends :cry:

The more I listen to MX the more I appreciate it :D

At the moment I think that Major Minus is my second favourite MX song