✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's your favorite song on Mylo Xyloto?

mediahound

• 3 months later...
I am not sure but I think there's one thread about it already. Anyway...

My favorite:

Starts in 0:00 with Mylo Xyloto and ends in 44:10 with Up With The Birds.

I don't think I can listen to a single song on Mylo Xyloto, at least until this moment. The album is like a long song for me.

You said it, bro. :)

I seriously can't pick a favourite. But I voted for Major Minus because I think it deserves a lot more love than it's getting :P I think I like it because it's one of the more underrated 'darker' Coldplay songs. Like Spies, Daylight, White Shadows, Low, Cemeteries Of London, Yes, Chinese Sleep Chant etc....

I am not sure but I think there's one thread about it already. Anyway...

My favorite:

Starts in 0:00 with Mylo Xyloto and ends in 44:10 with Up With The Birds.

I don't think I can listen to a single song on Mylo Xyloto, at least until this moment. The album is like a long song for me.

this answer sickens me.

you are basically saying that Up In Flames and Princess of China are on the same level as Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown. :thinking:

this answer sickens me.

you are basically saying that Up In Flames and Princess of China are on the same level as Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown. :thinking:

You get sickened pretty easily.

He isn't saying that at all. He is commenting on the fact that Mylo Xyloto has been specifically arranged to play well together and is cohesive. He enjoys listening to it all in a single sitting rather than pick out specific songs and take them away from their context.

He isn't saying that at all. He is commenting on the fact that Mylo Xyloto has been specifically arranged to play well together and is cohesive. He enjoys listening to it all in a single sitting rather than pick out specific songs and take them away from their context.

but its just so cliche to say you like it from start to finish. why can't you just say what your favorite song is???? :confused:

I love that about MX. It's a cohesive album but it isn't bland.

That's an impending danger when you're making a concept album with similar connected songs, but MX has successfully eluded it.

The cohesiveness has grown progressively with each album Parachutes<AROBTTH<X&Y<VLV<MX.

I love that about MX. It's a cohesive album but it isn't bland.

That's an impending danger when you're making a concept album with similar connected songs, but MX has successfully eluded it.

The cohesiveness has grown progressively with each album Parachutes<AROBTTH<X&Y<VLV<MX.

hate to nit-pick but, you think parachutes is the least cohesive?

your definition of cohesive may be different than mine so I will clarify.

To me cohesiveness equals flow. Parachutes flows very well, in a way that it can lull you to sleep (in a good way).

Now if I thought cohesivenss meant that it tells a story then yeah you're right. Parachutes doesn't tell a story.

But from a band like Coldplay, I'm not expecting a lyrical masterpiece. So if an album flows musically I am happy.