✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you want to have kids someday?

Petit Prince

What about children growing up? They don't stay forever babies and toddlers,you know. I don't mean to be rude, just got the impression that you're afraid of having a baby or a toddler to care about, you haven't really expressed your thoughts on how it would be when they grow up, if you would like to teach them things and so on...I hope you understand.

As for me, I'm only 20 but I know I'd want children one day. I even know the names I'd want to give them. :uhoh:

Woops, not sure if this thread is some sort of women's corner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have kids. I have two. My daughter is 7 and in 1st grade and my son is 3.

They are the loves of my life. Granted, my world doesn't revolve around them, but they certainly add something amazing to it. My husband and I knew we would have kids when we got married. We were both 22. I had my daughter when I was 24 and had my son when I was 28.

Like most of you, I didn't want kids, especially when I was a teenager. Even when I was in college, I was just too busy to even think about that one day I met the right guy and kids became a possibility. And even after meeting the right guy and getting married, our first year of marriage was rough. But, we pulled through and after that period in my life, I knew I wanted children.

I won't bore or annoy with more "children enrich your lives" stuff or "you just wouldn't understand until you have one yourself." But...they're both true....for every mother I know.

What about children growing up? They don't stay forever babies and toddlers,you know. I don't mean to be rude, just got the impression that you're afraid of having a baby or a toddler to care about, you haven't really expressed your thoughts on how it would be when they grow up, if you would like to teach them things and so on...I hope you understand.

As for me, I'm only 20 but I know I'd want children one day. I even know the names I'd want to give them. :uhoh:

No I get that you're not trying to be rude or anything. But to be honest I've never really thought of it like that. Yeah it would be great to teach them stuff but at the same time I am kind of afraid of having someone else to care about.. I'm just not someone who is comfortable around kids... I don't know I'm pretty undecided on this. Sorry if you wanted something more constructive..

^Actually, I was referring to the original poster, but since you cared to respond, I'll say that perhaps it's a question of your age at the moment. It's too early to talk about having children when we're very young people who attend university (in my case) and are still backed up by our parents financially. I practically don't have any money of my own and can't possibly imagine having a child in near future. But after I get employed and marry one day, I don't think I'd want to just wait to become old without the offspring. I've always wondered at the purpose of one's life and I somehow think the children provide answer to it. Raising a child or more of them is no easy task at all, and I don't mean to have them in order to be rewarded when I'm old in a way that they should take care of me, the true reward would be to have someone to love and to give them everything you can (not in the sense of raising spoiled brats) as you've been given yourself by your parents (although often it is not the case,unfortunately). Not sure if you got a grasp of what I'm trying to say, it's quite hard to explain. :)

I have a habit of getting into in depth conversations with kids, thinking that they understand it all, then realise they're way to young to understand. And this is why I would be crap at raising kids. I do it with my cat too, but he seems to like me.

I like older children better but I don't have a strong desire to have an older child either. I certainly don't want it enough to go through pregnancy and the first few years anyway. Plus I don't think it would be a good idea to have children if you know that you won't be able to look after them properly.