✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New song soon?

filiprasmusson

I'm sure they've (or at least Chris has) been working on a few ideas since they signed off the master of MX...whether we will actually get to hear any of it in the future is another matter...

They won't release anything new for now, they'll be concentrating on promoting MX.

I know the guys have had sooooo much to do recently, actually the whole year.

But do you think that they might work on a new song(s) or something like that, now that MX are done?

Just a thought:thinking:

MX era just began in my opinion. It's done when the world tour is over. ;)

They would definitely work on new songs during the tour and such but I don't think we'll hear it. :P

We might get some MX B sides with an off chance of an MX EP if there are enough decent unused tracks, but we won't hear any new ideas of the type of music that may shape LP6 for at minimum 2 years from now, more likely being 3 years as I can really see them taking a year off to enjoy their families as many of their kids will be in prime childhood years here soon.

I'm looking at a B-side release. I've lost faith in the EP follow-up belief

this is not a response directly aimed at you so please do not take offence, but can people in general please stop banging on about a follow-up EP? They did it once with Prospekts March... that doesn't mean it will now become a tradition after every album. There was no such thing for Parachutes and no such thing for AROBTTH or X&Y, and I don't know if there will be one for MX but until some sort of viable news of an EP comes to light I would very much like to remain in the frame of mind that there won't be one.

B-sides are a luxury on a single release but not necessarily a guarantee and as nice as it is to think that they might release unheard songs from the MX -era-sessions, we should really all be focusing on the brilliant LP that they have JUST FRICKING RELEASED!

I get that some people are disappointed by the record (I'm not one of those people) and their opinion on the matter is valuable unto only themselves but c'mon, I don't think we'll be hearing any new material (aside from some hopeful B-sides on upcoming singles) for at least the next 12-18 months, and I can live with that because Mylo Xyloto was fucking ace.

//////////rant. (again, not aimed at the OP of the post I quoted)

this is not a response directly aimed at you so please do not take offence, but can people in general please stop banging on about a follow-up EP? They did it once with Prospekts March... that doesn't mean it will now become a tradition after every album. There was no such thing for Parachutes and no such thing for AROBTTH or X&Y, and I don't know if there will be one for MX but until some sort of viable news of an EP comes to light I would very much like to remain in the frame of mind that there won't be one.

B-sides are a luxury on a single release but not necessarily a guarantee and as nice as it is to think that they might release unheard songs from the MX -era-sessions, we should really all be focusing on the brilliant LP that they have JUST FRICKING RELEASED!

I get that some people are disappointed by the record (I'm not one of those people) and their opinion on the matter is valuable unto only themselves but c'mon, I don't think we'll be hearing any new material (aside from some hopeful B-sides on upcoming singles) for at least the next 12-18 months, and I can live with that because Mylo Xyloto was fucking ace.

//////////rant. (again, not aimed at the OP of the post I quoted)

I may add that PM ep was released almost 6months after VLV and that's because it was the holiday season and they wanted to boost the sales with a deluxe edition.

MX is not even 3 weeks old.

Considering the fact that MX is my least favourite Coldplay album and that any cast-off material would arguably be weaker than what's on the album, I don't think I want an EP to come out from unreleased songs recorded for it.

Most people, not me, believe that Coldplay's leftovers and b-sides are better than their album tracks and singles!

Considering the fact that MX is my least favourite Coldplay album and that any cast-off material would arguably be weaker than what's on the album, I don't think I want an EP to come out from unreleased songs recorded for it.

I quite agree. If these are the songs that made the cut, do we want to hear the ones that didn't?

Unless of course they're hiding some excellent material for some odd reason. Which wouldn't really make much sense.