✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jenjie

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*takes deep breath and clenched jaw*

Coldplay Can't, Won't and Shouldn't play every song in the catalogue. they will never please everyone, and god knows they really try.This isn't an easy job at ANY level and not every band is the Grateful Dead who used to do 3 and 4 hour shows. And when people complain who weren't even AT the gig in question, it really doesn't matter since it's the fans who were there who the band play for. There's no point wasting the energy to get 'angry' at a band...any band, for not being able to please each and every fan. Rant over

*sigh*

Oh come on. The setlist is almost the same as it was last year. They've only changed some songs, but it feels like the same show. The differences are PoC, DLIBYH and Warning Sign. I am very disappointed. They have to make the setlist much longer, play more than 25 songs. I'm a bit angry now, so they better make a longer and different setlist when they come to The Hague this year!

More than 25 songs would be a bit of a stretch I think. U2 are a band that have been around for three times as long as Coldplay, and their longest concerts have been 25/26 songs. I think anything between 20-24 songs would be fine for Coldplay at this stage in their career.

Coldplay Can't, Won't and Shouldn't play every song in the catalogue. they will never please everyone, and god knows they really try.This isn't an easy job at ANY level and not every band is the Grateful Dead who used to do 3 and 4 hour shows. And when people complain who weren't even AT the gig in question, it really doesn't matter since it's the fans who were there who the band play for. There's no point wasting the energy to get 'angry' at a band...any band, for not being able to please each and every fan. Rant over

*sigh*

Very well said. Personally, I just wish we could stop rehashing the set list arguements that have been ongoing since 2005. Would it be nice if the band played more/longer? Absolutely. However, why people just can't grasp that that's not something this band will likely EVER do is beyond me.:rolleyes:

Very well said. Personally, I just wish we could stop rehashing the set list arguements that have been ongoing since 2005. Would it be nice if the band played more/longer? Absolutely. However, why people just can't grasp that that's not something this band will likely EVER do is beyond me.:rolleyes:

Wxactly. People get so frustrated over things they can't change.

But we're all entitled to our opinions.

Wxactly. People get so frustrated over things they can't change.

But we're all entitled to our opinions.

Oh absolutely! However, at this point I don't think people are entitled to act surprised/shocked that a Coldplay show follows the pattern of all Coldplay shows for the last decade.

*sigh*

YES DAMMIT. Finally someone said it! :thumbsup:

Did anybody record Don't Let It Break Your Heart live?

Apparently no one has yet.

I would like to guess that some of the reason it might not be uploaded yet is because a lot of casual fans were probably recording. If that's the case, then some might not realize how rare it was for Warning Sign and DLIBYH to be played.

*sigh*

agreed.

and it makes me laugh when people continuously complain about the lack of setlist changes, then once the setlist is changed they immediately either continue to complain about the songs that still aren't being played, or complain that they want the other songs (i.e. Politik) back. :P

FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!!!!

DLBYH live...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUlYKSQj6MI&context=C49b397eADvjVQa1PpcFNmbvCUf5v55MVHvmtpEnEjp1kpitkFBto=]COLDPLAY Edmonton "Don't Let it Break Your Heart" April 17 - YouTube[/ame]

The drums sound bloody good live...