✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

I went to see Phoenix there once and I was all the way in the back, and it sounded great so I still had an amazing time. :D But unfortunately I don't remember remember the price range, but really i would think it varies from act to act.

Here's a guide to the Hollywood Bowl :P : http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/newcomers.cfm

Not sure if it helps much, but one thing that I didn't know when I went to see Phoenix there was that they let you bring in your own food and drinks so you don't really have to buy anything there. :) Also like someone mentioned, anywhere you sit you can see because of the way the place is set up. Here's a seating chart with the views from each section: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating-chart.cfm

Thank you so much!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with the venue. Given that the tickets are on the pricey side and that at arenas it's a seated floor, the Hollywood Bowl works best. The cheap seats there are still great. I saw the Clinton Foundation concert from the back of the bowl and it sounded great. And if you want to be closer, it's easier to see given the way it's set up.

As for additional shows, it's hard to say. There are still rumors of a Coachella headline date, so if that happens, there would be no more shows until they do a 2nd leg.

I was wondering if they were gonna headline Coachella next year... it was heavily rumored this year that they were headlining so I think it's a good possibility they will headline next year. If they do I will probably pass though since I saw them headline both Lollapalooza and ACL festival this year :D

I went to see Phoenix there once and I was all the way in the back, and it sounded great so I still had an amazing time. :D But unfortunately I don't remember remember the price range, but really i would think it varies from act to act.

Here's a guide to the Hollywood Bowl :P : http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/newcomers.cfm

Not sure if it helps much, but one thing that I didn't know when I went to see Phoenix there was that they let you bring in your own food and drinks so you don't really have to buy anything there. :) Also like someone mentioned, anywhere you sit you can see because of the way the place is set up. Here's a seating chart with the views from each section: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating-chart.cfm

Edit: I just checked my ticket and I had section W2 Row 1 and it was $25 dollars. So it depends on how cheap that section for Coldplay will be but perhaps they'll start off at $25 dollars too and range the prices all the way up to $109(pre-extra fees)?

I love that you can bring a picnic to the Bowl. However, for leased events, like this one, they don't let you bring your own booze. Grrr. Oh and they also frown upon cameras, so you will need to conceal them.

The ticket range is normally very wide, so hopefully you'll see $150 to $30. The Clinton Foundation concert was the last I was at and that was $50, but it was for charity. For Incubus, I was in the first level after the box seats and the tix were $90.

I'm seeing all these tickets being sold for the hollywood bowl.. but it's my understanding they aren't on sale yet.. they're going for $1,000+ for good seats. Is this really what I should expect?

I really want to get within the first 10-20 rows in the center, but I can't afford that much. I was hoping it would be around $150 max.

I'm seeing all these tickets being sold for the hollywood bowl.. but it's my understanding they aren't on sale yet.. they're going for $1,000+ for good seats. Is this really what I should expect?

I really want to get within the first 10-20 rows in the center, but I can't afford that much. I was hoping it would be around $150 max.

I checked a couple of ticket resellers to see what was out there...You know what I'm thinking? They might be season ticket holders to the Hollywood Bowl, who don't want their tickets, and have offered them to the resellers... Because, as we know, tickets don't go on sale until January, so how can they sell seats that haven't been on the market yet. But if you're a season ticket holder, you know what seats you have...does that make sense?

Yea I see what you're saying. Thanks for your input. But those are a lot of season tickets, don't you think? So do you think there's a chance I'd be able to secure good seats at around $150-175? I'm planning on buying as soon as the presale starts.

I've been a coldplay fan for years now and this is my first concert with them, or first big concert experience ever for that matter.. I just want to make sure it's perfect. Thanks again for your input!

Hollywood Bowl will always be far more expensive than your typical arena or amphitheater show, and to make matters worse, going for a standard seating option will land you halfway back AT BEST. The garden and terrace boxes or whatever they're called are typically double what anything behind them costs, usually going to either VIPs or season ticket holders (i.e. local billionaires). I don't even want to get started on the pool circle section. It's all seated, and for every show I've been to there, most people never stand up once the entire show because they're eating dinner or sipping wine the whole time.

It's a deluxe venue where status sadly does count, and it's the reason that I hate the Bowl for rock shows. It's a lovely place for orchestral stuff, and the fact that Coldplay is choosing to play here instead of Staples makes me think they'll bring out an orchestra for something, but for me personally (especially since I'm very bitter about MX), I'll wait for their inevitable fall return date at another venue.

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 01/09/12 10:00 AM PST

American Express

Start: Wed, 01/04/12 10:00 AM PST

End: Sun, 01/08/12 10:00 PM PST

LN / Radio / Venue Presales

Start: Fri, 01/06/12 10:00 AM PST

VIP Packages

End: Wed, 05/02/12 03:30 PM PDT

American Express VIP Packages

Start: Tue, 01/04/11 10:00 AM PST

End: Wed, 01/05/11 10:00 PM PST

Standard ticket prices:

US $49.50 - US $150.00

US $49.50 Ticket + US $11.50 Fees = US $61.00

US $150.00 Ticket + US $17.35 Fees = US $167.35

VIP prices have not been announced yet. Yikes.

I was wondering is it even possible to put the X-stage in this venue? Its current set-up seems permanent already.

Also, how do we get the venue presale code? Do we have to be part of some club/website?

I don't see how they can do the X stage at this venue, but I'm wondering if they will somehow do the equivalent of the C Stage, like they did the acoustic set for VLV.

As much as it hurts, I'm going to go for VIP for this. I've been saving up, and I got lucky and won a $250 Ticketmaster gift card when I went to the Ellen show last week. I'm thinking of trying for one night regular tickets and one night VIP. And, then, who knows...without jinxing myself, maybe I'll get lucky again and win tickets from KROQ. I won during VLV and I won again for the latest Breakfast with Coldplay they did in October.

And don't forget, the AMEX presale is Jan 4. Not that that means a whole lot, but it's worth a try...

I don't see how they can do the X stage at this venue, but I'm wondering if they will somehow do the equivalent of the C Stage, like they did the acoustic set for VLV.

As much as it hurts, I'm going to go for VIP for this. I've been saving up, and I got lucky and won a $250 Ticketmaster gift card when I went to the Ellen show last week. I'm thinking of trying for one night regular tickets and one night VIP. And, then, who knows...without jinxing myself, maybe I'll get lucky again and win tickets from KROQ. I won during VLV and I won again for the latest Breakfast with Coldplay they did in October.

And don't forget, the AMEX presale is Jan 4. Not that that means a whole lot, but it's worth a try...

Oh my gosh you are like the luckiest Coldplay fan I know because I swear that KROQ just hates me every time I would call I would never get through, although I was once the 19 caller and of course you needed to be the 20th so that was the end of that, so close. Share the luck. JK :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on ticketmaster - Not sure what it means...

Onsale to General Public

American Express

Start: Wed, 01/04/12 10:00 AM PST

LN / Radio / Venue Presales

Start: Fri, 01/06/12 10:00 AM PST

VIP Packages

End: Tue, 05/01/12 03:30 PM PDT

American Express VIP Packages

Start: Tue, 01/04/11 10:00 AM PST

End: Wed, 01/05/11 10:00 PM PST

Looks like someone messed up...

Well, this sucks. I just emailed ticketmaster asking if I could combine my ticketmaster gift card with my American Express card for payment for the AmEx presale and I can't. AmEx presale and AmEx VIP packages go on sale tomorrow and I was really hoping I could use both forms of payment. So now, I guess I will do the presale for the non-VIP tickets for May 1, using my AmEx, and then buy the regular VIP tickets for May 2 when they go on sale on Monday. Dang...