✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell are the tickets at the Hollywood Bowl so freaking expensive? The Home Depot Center show in 2009's prices were amazing. The Hollywood Bowl always frustrates me :angry::veryangry2:

I know :( Prices have gone up, but I paid $113 for my 19th row floor ticket to Home Depot Center in July 2009 ($97.50+fees). I think my Verizon Wireless tickets (also July 2009) were in the $130 range for ticket plus fees and for the UCLA show last August, 2011, I paid $150 plus fees and I had an obstructed view ticket. I was lucky enough to have seen them 3 times in 2011 for free, so in my mind, I'm spreading out the cost...Not that it takes away the sting of paying nearly $900 for tickets for my husband and me to see them for these 2 Hollywood Bowl shows.

I also bought tickets for San Jose and Tampa. I got seats on the floor for both of those shows, and paid $107 +fees (total $252) for San Jose, and $96 + fees (total $233). Guess ticket prices just depend on the location. But it still is an ouch to pay that much.

Welcome to the Bowl, guys. Anybody's show here will be a lot more expensive than a standard show unless you're aiming for one of the back few sections where you can't see a bloody thing from. Seeing as how Coldplay's prices were already outrageously expensive for arenas, I am not surprised in the slightest that the front section is exceeding $400.

VIP perks at the Bowl, for the record, include free parking and catering. That's about it. Parking at the Bowl is the worst in LA (and that's saying something), so if you aren't VIP, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, GET A SHUTTLE PASS.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/getting-to-the-bowl/park-and-ride.cfm

There are plenty of shuttle stops all around L.A. County and it's only $5 for round-trip. Trust me, you want to do this. Bowl parking is extremely limited, stacked, and is a total nightmare worse than anything you've ever seen.

I'm actually not going to either show, but since I've had good times with you guys at past Coldplay shows in LA, I'm shedding some advice as I am a Bowl veteran. ;) Have fun, guys!

Welcome to the Bowl, guys. Anybody's show here will be a lot more expensive than a standard show unless you're aiming for one of the back few sections where you can't see a bloody thing from. Seeing as how Coldplay's prices were already outrageously expensive for arenas, I am not surprised in the slightest that the front section is exceeding $400.

VIP perks at the Bowl, for the record, include free parking and catering. That's about it. Parking at the Bowl is the worst in LA (and that's saying something), so if you aren't VIP, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, GET A SHUTTLE PASS.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/getting-to-the-bowl/park-and-ride.cfm

There are plenty of shuttle stops all around L.A. County and it's only $5 for round-trip. Trust me, you want to do this. Bowl parking is extremely limited, stacked, and is a total nightmare worse than anything you've ever seen.

I'm actually not going to either show, but since I've had good times with you guys at past Coldplay shows in LA, I'm shedding some advice as I am a Bowl veteran. ;) Have fun, guys!

Corkus, we will be driving from south Orange County - any tips on which park and ride lots to use? I didn't get parking with our VIP - I got the cheapie VIP tickets...yeah, cheap at $275...but we are going both nights, and I actually got good seats for May 1. I haven't been to the Bowl in almost 30 years...LOL...and that was with my parents. I actually drove right by it a few weeks ago, coming home from Burbank (the ellen show), before that, I couldn't even tell you where it was. Some LA native I am.

I guess Lakeview or Downey would be closest for you. (I come from Ventura County so I always use Chatsworth.) They tend to run the buses to the Bowl every 20 minutes or so, and after the show, they'll run them every 5 minutes back.

The bonus of the Bowl being more of a luxury venue is that they have a nice restaurant and a full-blown mini-mart. All of this is expensive, mind you, but being able to take pretty decent-tasting hot foods to your seats is quite awesome (unlike those cheap arena hot dogs).

I need to skip the show due to costs, especially if a good seat is $400!

Thanks for the tip, Corkus, now I know my decision is solid. I am in Ventura County as well!

I have a feeling the band will come back to LA at the end of the tour, I seem to recall two different stops in LA at different times.

Corkus speaks the truth, parking is insane. Park and Ride is great, you can even do it from Hollywood and Highland. Another thing to remember is traffic is equally bad. The 101 is the worst freeway ever and the fact that these shows are on weeknights is going to make things worse. Also, if the Dodgers are in town that week it will be worse. The moral of the story is get there early, like before the opener early. It normally takes 25 to 30 minutes to get from Hollywood and Highland inside the venue. I'm taking a half day and public transit. The red line is great for this venue.

I have a feeling the band will come back to LA at the end of the tour, I seem to recall two different stops in LA at different times.

I have no doubt in my mind they will, which is part of the reason I'm passing on these shows. They came here on 3 different occasions during the Viva tour - June 2008, Nov 2008, and July 2009.

Speaking of the Dodgers, I wouldn't be surprised to see Coldplay move up to Dodger Stadium next time around seeing as how they're booking multiple dates at practically every arena and the demand is still overly crazy. So I hate to say it, but our little band has reached stadium popularity in North America.