18 Clocks

19 Fix You

20 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

namerica.jpg

North American tour announced

8 December 2011 11:59 am

21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

news_line.png

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sooo going. but why on sale the same day? :( it will be hard to get tickets for both shows. i will need to start planning...

Guess I'll have 2 computers going, and my husband at work on his...it's not even up on Ticketmaster yet or on the Hollywood Bowl calendar. But yeah, Tues/Wed shows in LA? Bleh...But I will be there, one way or another ;)

I had to come here.... because I am so so so sad I wont be able to go to either of these!! I thought I was going to cry when I saw the dates!! lol I will be home recovering from a c/section and have a month old baby... too bad, so sad!

I hope everyone gets tickets and has a blast! After what happened at the last concert with no view... I totally was needing a Coldplay fix!! lol

I had to come here.... because I am so so so sad I wont be able to go to either of these!! I thought I was going to cry when I saw the dates!! lol I will be home recovering from a c/section and have a month old baby... too bad, so sad!

I hope everyone gets tickets and has a blast! After what happened at the last concert with no view... I totally was needing a Coldplay fix!! lol

Congratulations on your baby! I'm sorry you won't be able to go :( And I am so with you on the UCLA show, but I got really lucky and was able to let that one go after seeing them a few times since then to erase that memory. We will take pictures! And make all Coldplayers proud :)

Congratulations on your baby! I'm sorry you won't be able to go :( And I am so with you on the UCLA show, but I got really lucky and was able to let that one go after seeing them a few times since then to erase that memory. We will take pictures! And make all Coldplayers proud :)

Why thank you! :) Even though this little one could not "hear" just yet, he was at the UCLA show.. hehe I told my mom about missing a concert and she was like, oh, how come.. and I told her the date.. she laughed and agreed my sacrifice is well worth it!!

I may be sleep deprived when the time comes, but I will be anxiously be waiting for pics and video from the concert! Heck, the trip to my parents, which will be at least 2 more.. consist of Coldplay, The Killers and Lincoln Park... and if it is just me in the car, you can bet that Coldplay is blasting.. probably loud enough for the baby to rock out!! Although we cant play Parachutes, cause its too mellow for long boring car rides.. hehehe

Oh and for a funny.. my 4 year old calls Chris, "big daddy" from the movie Kick @$$.. because of the "Fix You" video.. so I an get away with watching the videos on demand... and tell him its Big Daddy, and he will usually let me watch them hahahaha If I am looking at pics.. he will point to "big daddy" it is so funny!! :D

i'm not bashing anyone at all. because i have work and school. but when CP goes on tour near LA i am there one way or another.... i'm already scheming on what to tell my boss and professors should there be a test or anything lol....

i definitely will go to one show. hopefully both. never been to the hollywood bowl... hmmmm. oh well having seen CP 6 times i just want to be there.... i just told my mom that "my soul hurts knowing coldplay is in LA and i'm just an hour away". if i didn't attend that is. :rolleyes: i'm crazy i know..

^ :lol: I would be like that too but I'm still underage and in high school so I'm still dependent on my parents' permission and money on these type of things unfortunately so I still have to consider that I have school on those days and that may not go so swell with them. :( I'm going to try to be very convincing within now and the month left to buy the tickets!

hey fellow angelinos, it might be worth seeing them in another city, or at least waiting for the second leg of this tour, which trust me there wiil be.. i saw coldplay at the hollywood bowl in 2003, and while it is a historic venue, it's also a drag to see a band like coldplay at that venue, because of its small size and design bands are limited on what they can do with the place as far as staging and light show. the concert i saw in 2003 was a watered down version of there AROBTTH tour.. and the mx tour light show is something to see, so i dont wanna see a watered down version of it. plus the "hollywood bowl" is such small potatoes for a band like coldplay.. i would like to see them attempt to fill up staples center. i know they can do it! i dont know why there not trying it! personally my advice is to make an effort to see them in Las vegas whenever it is they get there (and you know they will) the mgm grand is such a better arena and the Las vegas crowd is sooooo much better than a yuppie filled to cool for school LA crowd

hey fellow angelinos, it might be worth seeing them in another city, or at least waiting for the second leg of this tour, which trust me there wiil be.. i saw coldplay at the hollywood bowl in 2003, and while it is a historic venue, it's also a drag to see a band like coldplay at that venue, because of its small size and design bands are limited on what they can do with the place as far as staging and light show. the concert i saw in 2003 was a watered down version of there AROBTTH tour.. and the mx tour light show is something to see, so i dont wanna see a watered down version of it. plus the "hollywood bowl" is such small potatoes for a band like coldplay.. i would like to see them attempt to fill up staples center. i know they can do it! i dont know why there not trying it! personally my advice is to make an effort to see them in Las vegas whenever it is they get there (and you know they will) the mgm grand is such a better arena and the Las vegas crowd is sooooo much better than a yuppie filled to cool for school LA crowd

You know, Hollywood Bowl and Staples Center both have a seating capacity of 18-19,000? Honda Center is also at 18-19,000. Verizon Wireless in Irvine is 16,000. Unless you go to a stadium, Dodger, Angel, Rose Bowl or Coliseum, that's as big as you get in the LA area.

I'm really hoping I could go. It's all up in the air right now but if I survive the holidays with cash in tow then I will. I already bought premium tix for another artist, around the same time as this too, so I'm just stretching my budget for concerts next year.

I saw Coldplay at Home Depot Center where the Galaxy won the Championship last month, and that place is bigger than Staples or Hollywood bowl. One warning about the Bowl is that there are lots of box seats in the front which take up a lot of room for the few people in them and most of the seats go way in the back. If you are in the middle the sound drops volume. I would not even want to think about being in the back which is super far away.

I saw Coldplay at Home Depot Center where the Galaxy won the Championship last month, and that place is bigger than Staples or Hollywood bowl. One warning about the Bowl is that there are lots of box seats in the front which take up a lot of room for the few people in them and most of the seats go way in the back. If you are in the middle the sound drops volume. I would not even want to think about being in the back which is super far away.

Forgot about HDC. I saw Coldplay there too but I still don't think of it really being a concert venue because it is mostly used as the home field for Galaxy and Chivas. I think it holds about 25,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy with the venue. Given that the tickets are on the pricey side and that at arenas it's a seated floor, the Hollywood Bowl works best. The cheap seats there are still great. I saw the Clinton Foundation concert from the back of the bowl and it sounded great. And if you want to be closer, it's easier to see given the way it's set up.

As for additional shows, it's hard to say. There are still rumors of a Coachella headline date, so if that happens, there would be no more shows until they do a 2nd leg.

For those that have been to a concert here... do you know how much these tickets might run? I've never been to a show at the Hollywood Bowl before.

I went to see Phoenix there once and I was all the way in the back, and it sounded great so I still had an amazing time. :D But unfortunately I don't remember remember the price range, but really i would think it varies from act to act.

Here's a guide to the Hollywood Bowl :P : http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/newcomers.cfm

Not sure if it helps much, but one thing that I didn't know when I went to see Phoenix there was that they let you bring in your own food and drinks so you don't really have to buy anything there. :) Also like someone mentioned, anywhere you sit you can see because of the way the place is set up. Here's a seating chart with the views from each section: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating-chart.cfm

Edit: I just checked my ticket and I had section W2 Row 1 and it was $25 dollars. So it depends on how cheap that section for Coldplay will be but perhaps they'll start off at $25 dollars too and range the prices all the way up to $109(pre-extra fees)?