✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

LAX, we live in South Orange County, too, and I'll be picking my husband up from his office at the Spectrum to drive to the HOllywood Bowl. We were in Hollywood last weekend, near the Kodak Theater. We are planning on parking at the lot on HOllywood and Highland, getting validated ($2 for first 2 hours) and a $10max. And we are planning on walking to the HB. It's a little over 1/2 mile up Highland to the main entrance of HB. I think there is a shuttle too, but we think it would probably be faster to just walk than deal with the shuttle and the traffic. We are probably getting there pretty early, though, to meet up with my son who has a class near H&H that is over at 3. Then we have VIP for Wednesday with early entry, so we will be getting there early too, and just seeing what benefit there is to early entry since we paid for it!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LFDianne, im going to the show on the May 1 as well. Im coming from San Diego. Im trying to plan out the whole parking situation. I heard at the bowl parking is really limited. Where would you recommend to park and how about the park and ride?

Did you see this info on the HB website?

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/getting-to-the-bowl/

I also replied on another post what our plans are :) I'm so excited!!!

Yeah. My family is going with me, and we just might leave around 5:30-6 from here. But I'm not sure if that will give us enough time to make it for the performance. I think the Oracle said they go on at 9. So if we leave at 6 we might get there at 8 with traffic (i think) and watch part of the opening acts. Would that be a good plan?

Yeah. My family is going with me, and we just might leave around 5:30-6 from here. But I'm not sure if that will give us enough time to make it for the performance. I think the Oracle said they go on at 9. So if we leave at 6 we might get there at 8 with traffic (i think) and watch part of the opening acts. Would that be a good plan?

If you leave South OC at 6, you should make it to the bowl by 9. At that point, I might just recommend parking at Hollywood and Highland, because the traffic just outside the bowl will be awful.

@LFDianne, ya i saw the info. It was a lil bit confusing but i think we are gonna do the same. Park at Hollywood and Highland and just walk it. We plan to get there early as well. So its a max of $10 dollars for the parking there right?

That's the best plan. I'm getting there by train, and will take the shuttle. I plan on getting there by 6 so we can picnic, so the shuttle won't have horrific traffic and I really hate that walk up hill. After the show, it's a nice stroll though.

I'm really excited now. I have Jack White the night before so it will be a great couple of days for me!

Live Nation Sues to Stop Sales of Unofficial Coldplay Souvenirs at Hollywood Bowl Shows

Live National has filed trademark infringement papers against 11 defendants likely to sell unauthorized merchandise at the venue.

The concert company behind next week's Coldplay shows at the Hollywood Bowl is asking a federal judge to outlaw sales of counterfeit band T-shirts and other merchandise in the area.

Live Nation Merchandise Inc., a unit of the concert company created by the 2010 merger of Ticketmaster and Live Nation, filed trademark infringement papers against 11 unidentified defendants in connection with unauthorized souvenirs likely to be sold near the venue where the British band is set to perform May 1, 2 and 4.

In the complaint, Beverly Hills-based Live Nation contends that unlicensed T-shirts, hats and jerseys bearing Coldplay's trademarks are usually of such poor quality that they could damage the company's reputation.

Live Nation wants U.S. District Judge Audrey B. Collins to order that "the state police, local police or local deputy sheriffs, off-duty officers of the same, and any person acting under their supervision" shall "seize and impound any and all infringing merchandise bearing any or all of the group Coldplay's trademarks."

The order would be in effect six hours before and after any performance of the band within a 10-mile vicinity of venues where Coldplay is performing on its current tour.

Live Nation also seeks damages, litigation costs and attorney fees.

link

Thanks LFDianne for the info ... yes, I will be walking then to HB. Glad you are coming to Tampa show Too! I can't wait til Tues! They didn't have the xylobands at Lolla last yr when I saw them... so this will be really cool ... well, all the pics look awesome! Thanks! :)

Is Coldplay on at 9?

Cause on this oracle question, apparently they are. I might have to leave only at 6 and if this is true, I'll only miss some opening acts thankfully. But what time do you all plan on making it to the venue?

Q. What time does Coldplay take the stage? We have tickets for Seattle, but my daughter has to play the flute in her school band concert and we need to know if we'll still have time to get there for them or if we should just try to sell our tickets. We'd be bummed to do it, but we don't want to miss half the show and there's no way our 14-year-old can get out of her school performance. Thanks in advance.

The Oracle replies:

Here's the info for States dates:

Doors 5pm

The Pierces 7pm

Metronomy 7:45pm

Coldplay 9pm - 11pm

I always wondered what the Hollywood Bowl looked like!

I would kill to be in that pit tonight. Sigh. My seats are good, though, right in front of and in between those 2 white canopies, in front of X stage. I'm usually on the side, so being front on will be a nice change :)