✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky
There IS an X-stage! A small ramp, but it's there! Woo Hoo!

Arxp3dGCQAA_oyR.jpg:large

This picture is amazing :heart:

Is there a thread for tomorrow's concert, May 2nd? I have tickets for that show (my first!) which hubby surprised me with two weeks ago -- best part ... we are in the pool boxes, right up front and just right of center. I am completely stunned. Hubby is an IT guy for ticketmaster and was given the tix by the CIO of the company, as he was not able to attend. I've yet to take in a concert of any kind at The Bowl but am BEYOND excited to see Coldplay - and so up close. It seems quite a dream. I'll take some pix but I really want to take it all in and not fiddle with the tech gadgets so much.

Sorry to go on so, but three weeks ago I thought we'd miss the tour altogether since they aren't coming to San Diego (a gross oversight, if I may say -- Hey Chris, we've got RAD surfing here!). So I'm totally stoked!!!

Kelly

I will be in Pool and I don't care what anyone else is doing. I'm going to be standing and jumping and singing and screaming my head off. When it comes to this band and this being my first show I am going to make the most of it!

Kelly

Hollywood Bowl will always be far more expensive than your typical arena or amphitheater show, and to make matters worse, going for a standard seating option will land you halfway back AT BEST. The garden and terrace boxes or whatever they're called are typically double what anything behind them costs, usually going to either VIPs or season ticket holders (i.e. local billionaires). I don't even want to get started on the pool circle section. It's all seated, and for every show I've been to there, most people never stand up once the entire show because they're eating dinner or sipping wine the whole time.

It's a deluxe venue where status sadly does count, and it's the reason that I hate the Bowl for rock shows. It's a lovely place for orchestral stuff, and the fact that Coldplay is choosing to play here instead of Staples makes me think they'll bring out an orchestra for something, but for me personally (especially since I'm very bitter about MX), I'll wait for their inevitable fall return date at another venue.

Woohoo!! Just got my tickets for Wednesday's show.

That's the show I'm attending. Where is your seat? Because if there's an empty seat in the pool I can meet up with you and take you in there with me. I'll just go to the bathroom with my hubby's ticket in my pocket (he'll remain at his seat) and you can use his to come to the pool. I'm not kidding. There may not be a seat but if there's even one lone seat I can let you know and you can have it. I've done this before with other concerts. Easy peasy.

Kelly

well for may 2nd i got section S. here's hoping i get better ones for this night. maybe i'll buy more for weds as well ;)

Is it just yourself? Because my offer stands re: my previous post. If there's a single (or more) empty seats in the pool (because of season tix holders) then I'm willing to get you guys in. I'm assuming that it would be a single seat, since that's more likely, if at all. But there is that chance.

LMK what you think.

Kelly

Zel McCarthy[/url]

I can hear Coldplay's soundcheck from the Bowl in my living room. Playing Parachutes songs. Neat! Also playing that Rihanna song. Not neat.

link

-----------------

:lol:

I hope they decide to add Sparks tonight. :sad:

Are we allowed to bring digital cameras to the show for tonight?

yes you should be able to.. if by digital you actually mean a digital camera and not a dslr or slr. basically anything with a detachable lens is a no go. and anything without a detachable lens is a go.

Hey is anyone tweeting about tonight?! I'm going friday, and I'm just farrr to curious as to how they will pull off the Xstage and Cstage!!! And how the view happens to be from F2...hahah

Have a blast everyonnneee!

Hey is anyone tweeting about tonight?! I'm going friday, and I'm just farrr to curious as to how they will pull off the Xstage and Cstage!!! And how the view happens to be from F2...hahah

Judging by this pic from the oxfam blog:

571282016.jpg?key=1024768

They did manage to squeeze the X-stage into the pit!:D

I imagine it should be no problem to also have the c stage up at the back. I've been to the bowl and the topmost tier of seating has at least as much space as where they put the c stage in arena shows.

They did manage to squeeze the X-stage into the pit!:D

I imagine it should be no problem to also have the c stage up at the back. I've been to the bowl and the topmost tier of seating has at least as much space as where they put the c stage in arena shows.

thanks! i did see that! :)

I'm just so nervous... funny, I know, but I've seen them twice before and both times were phenomenal!!! And I'm just really nervous since it's at a venue of such magnitude, and it being outside... I just don't know. I wanna know how it's all going down! hah. Lame, right?

thanks! i did see that! :)

I'm just so nervous... funny, I know, but I've seen them twice before and both times were phenomenal!!! And I'm just really nervous since it's at a venue of such magnitude, and it being outside... I just don't know. I wanna know how it's all going down! hah. Lame, right?

Not at all. People wanting to know how the gigs go down is the whole reason these threads get traffic.:)

I'm going Friday as well and am sitting in section F3 :D I can't wait, first show at the bowl for me!