✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! That is expensive! I see these are available through Bell Center exclusively and not specifically through AMEX at least for Montreal.

As for Toronto, AMEX told me nothing - they said they don't have any information at all but hopefully by 9:30am tomorrow they will. I find that hard to believe.

In any case, I'm going to try my best to get some 'good' seats which in my opinion makes no sense! There can't be good seats! :(

Thanks for the info mamgirl! It may be likely that it will be the same for Toronto. Just to confirm, these packages will require an AMEX card? I was going to say, the second one is tempting, but I don't know if I would ever be willing to fork up an amount like that....:(

Yes, it does appear to be AmEx only as it comes up when I click on the Amex presale button. If I was going by myself I might consider the second package, but I am taking my daughter as well. So there's no way.

I'm trying to decide between the Montreal or Toronto show. I am using airmiles for the hotel and flight, so Montreal is a bit cheaper, but what it will likely come down to is where I can get the best seats.

I plan on using two work computers to try each venue and see what I get. I'm not real confident on the kinds of seats available through the presale. I did some sleuthing on the american shows and all the presale seem to be row 20 or ruther. However, since the vip package is up to row 10, that doesn't leave many rows on the floor for the general sale.

Np, I'm just gonna hope for the best lol. Hopefully there's a good selection of seats set aside for the pre sale... I've got a group of four going too, so It might be a little tricky :P. So what seats do you guys think are the best? If the 100 section is where the VIP seats are, then they can't be that bad. Maybe like 109 or 108, or opposite side would be good. I just REALLY want good seats!!! I guess the ACC isnt "that" big....but still.

Np, I'm just gonna hope for the best lol. Hopefully there's a good selection of seats set aside for the pre sale... I've got a group of four going too, so It might be a little tricky :P. So what seats do you guys think are the best? If the 100 section is where the VIP seats are, then they can't be that bad. Maybe like 109 or 108, or opposite side would be good. I just REALLY want good seats!!! I guess the ACC isnt "that" big....but still.

Me too! I hope 109, 108 or 118, 119, but I heard those are reserved for the Centurian AMEX card holders. Who knows.

You're right - ACC is not that big. That's what my husband was saying. I just don't want to be up in the stands too much. I saw George Michael in the 500s on the completely right side and it wasn't too bad, but I would like to see the stage a little better.

Let's all hope we get good seats. And if for some reason I end up with too many (my friend is also trying), I will be on here to help people get a hold of some for face value.

Also another tip is to make sure your billing info is updated in your Ticketmaster account and be logged in...I guess just a way to be more prepared although no idea how the AMEX presale works! I just went in and deleted all my old credit cards from my past Coldplay ticket purchases. :) Thought I'd share my idea...

Try this code when using your AMEX. Its the Platinum card preferred seats number, might be worth a shot to get you access to the seats even if you are using a reg AMEX card tomorrow.

18002631616. The US access number drops the '1' at the front so try either one. Never done this before so don't shoot me if it doesn't work.

Me too! I hope 109, 108 or 118, 119, but I heard those are reserved for the Centurian AMEX card holders. Who knows.

You're right - ACC is not that big. That's what my husband was saying. I just don't want to be up in the stands too much. I saw George Michael in the 500s on the completely right side and it wasn't too bad, but I would like to see the stage a little better.

Let's all hope we get good seats. And if for some reason I end up with too many (my friend is also trying), I will be on here to help people get a hold of some for face value.

I didn't see the 500's on the diagram... but yeah it shouldnt be too bad, cause its not the biggest arena around :P Imagine if we were having these problems at the Rogers Center!! Not fun lol. But at least there would probably be some general admission tix... Oh well, I'm sure It'll be a great concert. If we're signed in on tm tomorrow morning, before 10, and we're ready at 10:00 a.m. "exactly," I'm sure we will all get great seats!:) Lets Hope ;)

Haha, yes, you're right, level 300, but it sure felt like the 500s!! It was up high about 10 rows down from the top!

The Rogers Live in the Lot went on sale 10 mins early! That was nuts! I didn't believe I got my seats so I tried again with my husband's cell number and got two more! I will be on early JUST IN CASE although they are much more professional about this type of thing...not a second sooner than 10am will they be available...but what clock do they go by...makes me nuts to keep pushing REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH. Not sure if I'll sleep tonight. Too exciting!

Haha, yes, you're right, level 300, but it sure felt like the 500s!! It was up high about 10 rows down from the top!

The Rogers Live in the Lot went on sale 10 mins early! That was nuts! I didn't believe I got my seats so I tried again with my husband's cell number and got two more! I will be on early JUST IN CASE although they are much more professional about this type of thing...not a second sooner than 10am will they be available...but what clock do they go by...makes me nuts to keep pushing REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH. Not sure if I'll sleep tonight. Too exciting!

Lol that is high! :P Oh wow, yeah ill be on early too! Good to know. I hope they go by official time lol. Not some custom time of their own :P. I know. It sucks, Ill probly have trouble sleeping too...can't wait till I've got tix in my hand. Its too stressful!!

This is my first time buying tickets online :embarrassed: i am super nervous for tomorrow morning. Waiting in line seems so much easier lol.

Anyone know what to expect from an Amex presale?

Exact same situation here. Its my first time too...

From what i remember (I talked to ticketmaster earlier), the pre sale includes some seats from different places in the arena and they become available before the public tix go on sale.

Exact same situation here. Its my first time too...

From what i remember (I talked to ticketmaster earlier), the pre sale includes some seats from different places in the arena and they become available before the public tix go on sale.

Thanks! i checked a few other U.S threads and saw that a few people managed to get good seats. So here's hoping we are just as lucky :)

Thanks! i checked a few other U.S threads and saw that a few people managed to get good seats. So here's hoping we are just as lucky :)

Np! Anything that will help my fellow Coldplay fans! Well that's a good sign. Lets all hope together!:)

Taliaa, if you are able to get any extra seats, I would be forever grateful! Not owning an AMEX card for the pre-sale and having to write a 9:00AM final exam Saturday morning that destroys my chances of getting tickets at all puts me at no chance in getting tickets at a fair price. I would have to send you a holiday card or something if it works out - thanks in advance if possible! :nice: (I'm extending this offer to anyone else that is able to secure extra tickets as well!) :P

- Judy

After reading through everyone's post, I've decided to post my experience at the ACC since it seems like no one has ever seen more than 1 concert there. I've been to many concerts at the ACC (Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon and Mumford and Sons this year, and Coldplay last time at the ACC). I did see Coldplay 17th row Floors at skydome last time, but personally floors is the last place I want to be at the ACC because of people being in the way, unless your right up front. Being in the stands has it advantages because you won't have a person blocking your view and you are way closer than you would be at Skydome (What's the Rogers Center? haha). I've even seen Bruce Springsteen in the 300s row 17 (right at the back) and still had an amazing time.

As for the presales, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT and don't be disappointed on what seats you get. Ticketmaster has a return policy of 14 days of date of purchase and you can exchange your tickets for equal or greater value up to 1 week prior to the event date. So if you get tickets in the presale, but you get better ones in the general sale, just exchange them.

I just purchase Black Keys tickets, and got section 104. I'm very happy about these seats because you are looking straight at the stage. I know this because I saw Pearl Jam in a section over. I went on the general sale and could have got floors, but turned didn't want them.

So, good luck to everyone in the coming days, and hope to hear everyone is happy on what seats they got!!!

PS, don't be surprised if a second is show is released during one of the sales.

Spoke to AMEX this morning. It does NOT matter which AMEX card you have - its all open to everyone contrary to what I was told on Monday. Sorry for the confusion!!

SOO, you don't need to use a special number as I posted above - that's for US sales not Canada.

Good luck to everyone. The AMEX lady said people are going mental about this concert, specifically Toronto. Its on the radio and there is lots of hype.

May our fingers be faster than lightening typing those stupid Captcha codes and our internet connection NOT time out! I'm a little sick about this with less than an hour to go!! No one better interrupt me at work! I wish I had an office door to close!

Spoke to AMEX this morning. It does NOT matter which AMEX card you have - its all open to everyone contrary to what I was told on Monday. Sorry for the confusion!!

SOO, you don't need to use a special number as I posted above - that's for US sales not Canada.

Good luck to everyone. The AMEX lady said people are going mental about this concert, specifically Toronto. Its on the radio and there is lots of hype.

May our fingers be faster than lightening typing those stupid Captcha codes and our internet connection NOT time out! I'm a little sick about this with less than an hour to go!! No one better interrupt me at work! I wish I had an office door to close!

Oh... so you don't need a platinum card for the preferred seating??

Yeah the ticketmaster lady I talked to yesterday said they were getting 'tons' of phone calls about that concert. We're really gonna have to be fast.

And those codes? I know!! Stupid codes lol. I'm gonna be running three computers at once... then I get a choice :P

I was thinking about trying to use my regular Amex card to get the preferred seating and see what happens, but in the meantime I don't want to miss out on the other seats. I can just see getting all the way to the part where I have to pay with my card and a message saying it's not the correct card for preferred seats coming up.

I was thinking about trying to use my regular Amex card to get the preferred seating and see what happens, but in the meantime I don't want to miss out on the other seats. I can just see getting all the way to the part where I have to pay with my card and a message saying it's not the correct card for preferred seats coming up.

That's very true...

There aren't any preferred seats for the Canadian concerts - just the US ones. Its either VIP package or pre-sale Front of the Line seats.

The good news is today's sale is for ALL AMEX cardholders, doesn't matter which card you have as long as its paid for on an AMEX. So go put in your AMEX cards in your Ticketmaster profile.

Oh and I would bet $20 that a second show will be released on Saturday. So keep your eye out for that show too on Saturday.

Does anyone know how much the VIP packages will be?

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5115372&postcount=75

]As for the presales' date=' TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT and don't be disappointed on what seats you get. Ticketmaster has a return policy of 14 days of date of purchase and you can exchange your tickets for equal or greater value up to 1 week prior to the event date. So if you get tickets in the presale, but you get better ones in the general sale, just exchange them. [/quote']

Could you explain this part a bit more? So, if you've already bought tickets in the presale, then when the general sale opens up and you find better seats for equal or greater value, you can give them your already bought tickets and use that to get the better tickets?

Nothing yet for the Toronto show...only Montreal as an idea.

I told my husband if I could find someone else to go with me to the VIP then I would take one ticket and that would be my birthday present and Valentine's day present and I'd go with a fan/friend/stranger. But I can't afford to do two. That's mental!