✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

I was in the GA pit for the Toronto show in 2009 - it was amazing. That said the only place to be (in my opinion) when attending a concert at the Rogers Centre is in a pit type situation. I have gone to a number of concerts there and have left disappointed as the venue is just too large and the sound is not the best. The only concerts I have enjoyed there are Coldplay and U2 and both times I was up front and centre. If this is not an option for the up and coming Coldplay tour, then I would rather see them at the Air Canada Centre.....have seen them there a couple times already and both shows were nothing short of incredible.....

I agree completely - I was there too, even at the back of the section it was great and I'm pretty short. Saw everything. I hope GA isn't actual seats and it is at the Rogers Center. Only time will tell. I guess they need to finalize these details by Wednesday when the other Canadian tickets go on pre-sale.

They are hands down, the best live band. Can't wait to see them again!!

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with AMEX yesterday, they said the AMEX Front of the Line tickets appear to be ready for tentative sale on December 14th, not the 12th. He said to keep checking online as that is where the final date will show up. Tried calling Ticketmaster directly but they closed an hour ago. I will call them first thing tomorrow to see if I can get some information.

Sitting here getting anxious about this! Perhaps its going to be a Rogers Centre show as you guys are suggesting and they will try to push that Rogers tickets urMusic Wireless Ticket site independent of Ticketmaster...they certainly pushed it hard at the concert in the Lot at Much Music in September.

Taliaa, were you able to confirm with them as to whether the concert will actually be happening at the ACC? Do you also mind asking them if they will be releasing GA tickets during the presale?

I would prefer it if it were at the Rogers Centre, since I'm really, really want to get GA pit tickets again, but my only worry is that if it's at the ACC, there won't be a pit section...? In 2008 when they played there, there were only floor seats (although I can't imagine them NOT have a GA area at any of their concerts for this tour....)

Taliaa, were you able to confirm with them as to whether the concert will actually be happening at the ACC? Do you also mind asking them if they will be releasing GA tickets during the presale?

I would prefer it if it were at the Rogers Centre, since I'm really, really want to get GA pit tickets again, but my only worry is that if it's at the ACC, there won't be a pit section...? In 2008 when they played there, there were only floor seats (although I can't imagine them NOT have a GA area at any of their concerts for this tour....)

Oh definitely - General admission is all I want! I will definitely let you know. It turns out the Canadian shows are all pre-sale (except for Montreal) on the 14th, so the Coldplay site is correct, but not for Canadian shows. Still waiting for the Toronto show to be updated. I believe you're right, no pit if its ACC. I don't think they'll have any trouble filling Rogers Centre for two shows (banking on a second night considering the space they've left between the 23rd in TO and 26th in MTL).

Hey everyone, it's been absolute ages since I've been on the forums (since the last tour!) but I can't wait for them to be coming to Toronto again!

aunie, I noticed in your signature that you were in the pit in the front row at the Rogers Centre! I was too -- but between Chris and Jonny. Still blows my mind to this day :heart:

:O! That's a really good spot! All of it still a blur.

My mum and my brother were in the 500s and they still had a good time, I don't think they complained about the sound!

I heard that when they played in 2008 at the ACC, the tickets were sold out within hours. So I really hope they play at the Rogers Centre; just gives a lot of people a chance to see them! But I hope they don't do that Argos Pre-sale thing if it does get changed to the Rogers Centre. :/

Yay! Thanks Taliaa for the info! :D

Thanks Taliaa!

^ I got my tickets from a kind person here who wasn't able to make it, but they did that Argos pre-sale. After I bought the tickets from her, I honestly didn't know what to do with the Argos tickets. Who really watches the Argos?..

Praying that GA pit tickets will be part of the pre-sale (even though I don't own an AMEX card), because I'll be writing an exam when tickets go on sale Saturday morning :(

Haha! I got my Argos tickets too! Forgot about that! I never went, nor did I care. At least I had my general admission tickets! I remember being so worried the tickets would be awful and I wouldn't be able to see anything. Once we got there, I looked at hubby and said, shit, now we can't see Coldplay any other way! This is amazing!

Oh definitely - General admission is all I want! I will definitely let you know. It turns out the Canadian shows are all pre-sale (except for Montreal) on the 14th, so the Coldplay site is correct, but not for Canadian shows. Still waiting for the Toronto show to be updated. I believe you're right, no pit if its ACC. I don't think they'll have any trouble filling Rogers Centre for two shows (banking on a second night considering the space they've left between the 23rd in TO and 26th in MTL).

Could you please tell me where you're getting this information?

Coldplayers from Montreal (me included) are desperate for presale info :lol:

Thanks!

So, I called ticketmaster, and they don't have a Toronto show in their sytem yet...chances are the band are still figuring out the last details of the venue and such. Anywho, the guy told me to just periodically check through the day...

this is soooo frustrating!

x_TheSkyCouldFall, a definite concert you have to go in the future. it's such a different energy (if that makes sense!)!

Yaay! Thanks yaya2646! but isn't that floor seats? Usually it would just be a huge blue section.

Holy jeeze, $131. Expensive!

Normally the strip of blue right in front of the stage is the ga pit and then behind that they have assigned floor seats. That's what happened for the viva tour in toronto at least and when I saw them in buffalo. It still could change though. :/

Normally the strip of blue right in front of the stage is the ga pit and then behind that they have assigned floor seats. That's what happened for the viva tour in toronto at least and when I saw them in buffalo. It still could change though. :/

Just saw that! You are right! YAAY! :D

Okay well this is definitely good news. I won't get my hopes up of course, but even the slight chance of getting GA tickets makes me feel better. I hope there's a decent amount of them, and I pray that ticketmaster won't fail me like it has in the past.

Seriously praying that that blue strip in the front is the pit! Do you think they'll be releasing GA tickets during the pre-sale?

Also, it says that to access the pre- you have to download the Live Nation / LN Mobile App? "Download the Live Nation iPhone App now to access Live Nation Mobile App Presales." :uneasy: Fantastic. I don't own an iPhone.

It's on the Ticketmaster site now - pre-sale via AMEX is December 14th at 10am.

Live Nation is doing a pre-sale on Friday, December 16th at 10am as well via their App.

Then general sales are Saturday, December 17th, 2011 via Ticketmaster.ca.

I am sad its still ACC - wish they would have switched it. Now I'm bound to be standing in front of the tallest man alive! :( Unless SOMEHOW I end up for some fantastic seats. Hated the VIVA at ACC last time, sound was terrible up where I was (near the satellite stage they set up) and crowd wasn't into it at all, and if I'm not mistaken, they didn't do an encore that night either. The VIVA show at the Rogers Centre was phenomenal!

Good luck to everyone getting seats. Maybe things will turn around and we'll get a GA after all!

Edit: So I'm a bit slow and for some reason didn't refresh my page and get all this updated info. My spirits are looking up now! Told my hubby all I want for my birthday is GA seats!!!

Thanks for the update! So it looks like prices range from $66.25 ($49.50 Ticket + $16.75 Fees) to $131.75 ($115.00 Ticket + $16.75 Fees). But where is the link to the AMEX pre-sale for Toronto? I don't see it up on the main AMEX site?

I'm a bit disappointed that it's at the ACC as well. Is it possible that the venue might still change? Obviously this is going to sell out fast, they would have to add another night.. but why not just have it at the Rogers Centre and do (at least) one night there, sell out the venue just as well? :(