✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

Jenjie

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it was this thread last time for the Rogers Centre that had the record for the most amount of pages. Does anyone know if there will be GA tics for sale in the pre-sale for AMEX or LiveNation? Also, the way the stage has been set up for the most recent concerts is incredibly different from the map on ticketmaster. There's a big catwalk with an x at the end that goes down from the stage. Maybe everything before that would be GA.

Did any of you guys check stubhub lately lawl

They somehow already have tickets up (which is technically supposed to be impossible since the first presale is on Wednesdayy) and they're almost all over $250

Lovely.

Ticketmaster is famous for this. The so-called "leaked to the promoter tickets" are usually from the ticket company itself. Why should Ticketmaster sell front row seats for $120 when they can scalp them on the open market and get $800 for them? It's sad, really. But the laws allow it. Makes me sick.

Hey americans, someone said in the other forum the american presale amex promotional code is different than the canadian one and we might have trouble? I'm still confused about the preferred seating code but I'm assuming that offers better seats than normal amex card presale. I might try calling them to figure it out but I'm also in the middle of finals week and should really be studying organic chemistry right now... :(

they easily could have sold all seats at rogers centre. rawr. but oh well! hopefully the pre-sale will release some GA! :O

I read on wiseguys presales that for Canada, the code could be either the phone number on the back of the card or just 'AMEX'. Do we know for sure they're doing the amex preferred seating presale code? It doesn't say in the info. :S

Did anyone notice the new AMEX VIP Packages that are going onsale Wednesday at the same time as the pre-sale?? Check the ACC listing on the Ticketmaster site...calling AMEX right now to get confirmation about what in the world that is!! If only I can find a freakin' number to speak to a person!

Okay, wow. Useless staff at Ticketmaster Front of the Line. I love when they go online to see exactly what you're looking at. I'm like, buddy, I am calling you because I need MORE information!

Anyway, he was surprised to see the new VIP packages, but knew nothing more. He said maybe tomorrow there would be more information posted.

He said the codes the others are talking about for AMEX front of the line are for discounts.

Honestly, I think he was a moron. I'm going to call back again and see if I get someone else instead.

If anyone else has information about these, PLEASE let us know!

I put in a note to my friend who works at AMEX - she probably can't help, but who knows!

So the update is pretty much this: American Express VIP packages details are not available yet. They are not being handled by iloveallaccess.com. There are usually three options, but no one knows yet. It usually a guaranteed seat in 'front row' but honestly, if there is a GA pit, then I don't want to be BEHIND all of that! I want to stand up and see what's going on. The AMEX Platinum concierge lady I spoke with joked that often people pay all this money for these seats and end up sneaking into GA anyway! But the truth is they often get photo ops with the band and get a meal beforehand- not too shabby . Is that worth $275-$695 a ticket!? Apparently that's what Neil Diamond is charging!

The 'Preferred seats' we see on the Ticketmaster sites are for those with Platinum and Centurian (Black!) AMEX cards. The code to enter is the code on the back of the actual credit card. If you're in Canada, its a different number than the US number. You must pay for the actual tickets with your AMEX in full to get the tickets. Apparently they are held for no more than two minutes.

If you have access to the Platinum Concierge, they can buy the tickets for you if you give them permission. That includes instructions to get GA seats, if they are available. I honestly don't know if I trust them - do they have faster access than we do online ourselves if we have an AMEX card...not sure!

The girl is calling me back tomorrow by 6pm with full details about what the VIP packages are and more detailed information about the actual venue and stage setup, which she hopes to have by then especially since the pre-sale is Wednesday.

I will let you guys know what she says. Curious more than anything. I laughed when she asked if I wanted to give her authorization to get me the best package they had and also make a whole night of it with a driver, hotel room, etc. Um, really? Who do you think you're talking to, lady?! The first guy I talked to asked if I wanted to buy tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra insane laser Christmas show. Someone's always trying to sell you something; can't fault them for trying. Haha.

Apparently the preferred seats are apparently the good sections on the sides 108, 109, 118, 119 in the first few rows, like a Platinum box...the seats are not bad, but its not as intimate as you would hope. Not sure if its for Gold card holders too...perhaps just the higher level cards. I can't remember what the guy said to me. Either way, its all about preference. I would rather be in GA even if I could afford those crazy seats.

The girl said if I want GA they can get them for me as part of their service but only IF they are available. Doesn't look like it so far. She is going to find out if they will have any - maybe they do know more than the regular Ticketmaster people because of all the rich people who are demanding these tickets. LOL She said she's had 70 people with Platinum and Centurian cards ask for the VIP packages already today. Its first come, first served. Let's hope they leave those GA tickets alone for us to snatch up.

Good luck everyone! I hope to meet some of you guys at the show!

Haha Taliaa, that is hilarious... Trans-Siberian Orchestra...? But seriously, thank you so much for your help in clarifying all of this. I'm sure we all really appreciate it and are lucky to have someone taking the reins on contacting AMEX :nice:

If only I had Platinum Concierge card.......... let alone an AMEX card. I'm a VISA cardholder and am starting an internship at MasterCard next month. Clearly having no luck here! If only there was some way of getting access to the pre-sale without an AMEX card, but I suppose I'll have to put my luck into the LiveNation pre-sale, or otherwise.... scalpers... Fun.

Haha Taliaa, that is hilarious... Trans-Siberian Orchestra...? But seriously, thank you so much for your help in clarifying all of this. I'm sure we all really appreciate it and are lucky to have someone taking the reins on contacting AMEX :nice:

If only I had Platinum Concierge card.......... let alone an AMEX card. I'm a VISA cardholder and am starting an internship at MasterCard next month. Clearly having no luck here! If only there was some way of getting access to the pre-sale without an AMEX card, but I suppose I'll have to put my luck into the LiveNation pre-sale, or otherwise.... scalpers... Fun.

My pleasure to help out! Listen, is not MY card! My AMEX is an Air Miles card and doesn't get me too far these days. LOL

I honestly don't think the pre-sale tickets are that great - I think its luck of the draw. I'm sure you will find some good seats when they release the regular seats! I have never bought tickets through pre-sale and I was so excited to get GA tickets a few years back. Best experience ever! Let's all WISH for GA together. :lol:

My pleasure to help out! Listen, is not MY card! My AMEX is an Air Miles card and doesn't get me too far these days. LOL

I honestly don't think the pre-sale tickets are that great - I think its luck of the draw. I'm sure you will find some good seats when they release the regular seats! I have never bought tickets through pre-sale and I was so excited to get GA tickets a few years back. Best experience ever! Let's all WISH for GA together. :lol:

Definitely with you on that one! Let's hope for the best, pre-sale or not.

..Although I won't be able to access the pre-sale come Saturday morning due to an exam. Just lovely. Haha. :uneasy:

Did amex themselves say that they would get you ga tix? That's totally awesome if they did. Which number did you call? You don't know how much I appreciate all the details you're giving out. Do you know how much the ga tix would cost? All this seating stuff is confusing lol. I've heard how hard it is to buy good tix with ticketmaster.

No, AMEX said that if there are GA seats at all, they would get them for me. Its a concierge service. Unfortunately, you need to have a Platinum card to get that, using a relative's card.

Most expensive is apparently $131, but the VIP packages will definitely be more whether they are the AMEX VIP packages or the regular ones that go on sale on Saturday as well.

I spoke with AMEX again today - they don't know anything yet. I am waiting for the girl I spoke with yesterday to tell me. The girl today said they probably won't find anything out until 10am - when they go on sale. She said Ticketmaster is the one who's got the ball - they are in full control of what happens. I said that was mental since AMEX is sponsoring this!! But nothing we can do.

Again, the VIP package might not have anything to do with meeting them. They are not like the packages Neil Diamond or NKOTB have done through iloveallaccess.com. They might just be premier seats and a good parking spot or something. We won't know until they want us to know. :(

Apparently they don't stay in the city anyway (fly back to NYC same night) but if they do open up a second show, they have to sleep here. So find out where they're staying and we can stalk them then. ;) I'll come with you!

I don't know if they would do another MM again...maybe.

There will be tickets for everyone....just gotta be sure to get online at the right time! And pray a little...lol

There is a VIP package - one for AMEX presale and a second one when the regular tickets go on sale.

What we don't know is if there will be General Admission tickets available.

I'm calling AMEX again now. Its 6:06pm and she didn't call me back yet! :P

Oooh, Hazelton Hotel! Amazing!

Here's the info on the VIP packages for the Montreal show. Pretty pricey and out of my budget. :(

Coldplay VIP Party includes:

Package price: $425 (service charges included)

• One reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows of the stage

• Early entry into the venue

• Exclusive pre-show reception, including food and open bar (beer & wine for fans 18 years of age and older; non-alcoholic beverages for others)

• Reserved parking pass (one pass per order)

• Specially Designed Concert Shirt (Trunk brand)

• Limited Edition Tour Lithograph

• Commemorative VIP Laminate

• Commemorative VIP Ticket

• Exclusive Coldplay Tour Gift Item

• On-site VIP host

Coldplay VIP Tour includes:

Package price: $275 (service charges included)

here's the link: http://www.evenko.ca/html/tickets/coldplay/packages_en.html

• One premium reserved ticket

• On-site VIP host

Thank you guys for all the information! One quick question though, does anyone know the phone number on the back of the canadian amex card? I'm worried this will be the code. There's an international number on the back of my american card but I'm not sure it will work for presale.

Here's the info on the VIP packages for the Montreal show. Pretty pricey and out of my budget. :(

Coldplay VIP Party includes:

Package price: $425 (service charges included)

• One reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows of the stage

• Exclusive pre-show reception, including food and open bar (beer & wine for fans 18 years of age and older; non-alcoholic beverages for others)

• Reserved parking pass (one pass per order)

• On-site VIP host

Coldplay VIP Tour includes:

Package price: $275 (service charges included)

here's the link: http://www.evenko.ca/html/tickets/coldplay/packages_en.html

• One premium reserved ticket

• On-site VIP host

Thanks for the info mamgirl! It may be likely that it will be the same for Toronto. Just to confirm, these packages will require an AMEX card? I was going to say, the second one is tempting, but I don't know if I would ever be willing to fork up an amount like that....:(

Hey everyone. I have some bad news... I JUST got off the phone with ticketmaster for like the third time..lol

Apparently there is no General Admission area. It's all reserved seating. Even the floor....:(

So....that basically explains it...I asked about a GA pit, but she said it's all reserved seating..

Joseph