[2-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Stade de France, Paris, France

Jenjie

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome review Céline !! :)

My review of the gig:

First of all: it was THE BEST night of my life!!!! I'm so so happy to have been there.

Now: Be careful, it's a long review, probably full of mistakes. I typed it in the car... so that's an excuse okay? :lol:

Yesterday morning, I was too excited (who would believe that? :lol: ) I couldn't believe I was going to see COLDPLAY !!! :dazzled:

My parents, my sister and me left home at 8.30 and we arrived nearly 4 hours later in Saint Denis near Paris. As soon as we arrived I saw the huuuge Stade de France. Butterflies in my stomach. They were there. Our hotel was just across the street. I was so excited, almost shaking. I knew we were going to be filmed but mah lovely girls (yeah you know who you are !! :D) told me via whatsapp that each person would have two xylobands !!!!! 160 000 xylobands in da house!! I was so thrilled. From our hotel room, we heard everything that happened in the stadium and they were currently playing AC DC, always the same song.

Then, suddenly, I heard Charlie Brown ! They were soundchecking!! But no, actually it was a recorded version. :dozey:

Every box outside the stadium played a different Coldplay song and I was so delighted to be surrounded by so much Coldplay music, it made me even more excited if that was possible. XD

I really wanted to go queuing but my family didn't. I secretely still hoped I could have front row... I desperately wanted a good spot, that's soo important for me but they obviously do not understand.

At one point, the drums and guitars were being tested at the stadium.

We finally decided that I would go queuing and my family would come afterwards for the opening of the gates.

So I made myself ready, wore my selfmade top with badges!

I first went to the gate G to meet Claire (Clairounette)! So happy to have met youuu ! :D

After our chat I went to my gate Z. It was 3.30 pm. I met a nice woman who wasn't too familiar with the band and we waited together.

After some time, the REAL soundcheck began. They played PoC 4 or 5 times maybe more, at the beginning without Rihanna and then she joined ! Chris's voice!! :dazzled:

They also rehearsed 42 !!, Strawberry Swing, UATW very briefly and GPASUYF very briefly, too and a new piano thing I hadn't heard before. I first thought it was a new song but it may have been Umbrella. We also heard Run this town by Rihanna. and other things.

We heard Chris talking :dazzled: :dazzled: And he said thank you everybody. I don't know if there were people there or if he only said it as a warm-up! Then they were only doing a few adjustments with guitars and drums.

Somehow at 5 pm everyone jumped up and rushed up to the gates. I did the same although the doors were only set to open 1 hour later. So now everyone was standing and it was awfully hot. No one knew why we were standing.

20 mins after 6, the doors finally opened and the big pushing began. I got my two xylobands!! :D I waited to see my family but they were not there yet. So I ran to the pitch, trying to find a good spot, I was looking for the c stage as I saw that the front row and x stage was in 'pelouse or' and that the spots were not available. You couldn't even get there from my gate. A security guy told us not to run. I stopped but ran again! I didn't find the c stage, began to panic: where the flying fuck is it? I even asked a security guy but he had no clue.

So i ran to the middle of the pitch, arrived two or three meters behind a big camera. I was not that far away from the stage but I wouldn't see anything with the camera and the people. My family called me: they had found the c-stage! So I left my spot but i had to go a long way back through a lot of people who were moaning and complaining about me. (Sorry but I didn't take your spot people, I only left, SO YOU ACTUALLY HAD MORE SPACE, you see?!) I finally found my parents. And we were front row c stage. I was soooo happy.

We had such a nice security guy! :D

We waited there. It was so exciting. Then it was Marina's time. We didn't have a very good view of the main stage. But the screens were there. Luckily.

She was very good. Better than Emeli Sandé. Marina sings so well live. She hits every note perfectly. She told us 3 times who she was haha.

Then she went away. And then I waited for Miller to take his panorama pic. I raised my arm with Claire's red balloon she gave me, but Miller took so long for his pics...

We did a lot of Mexican waves and screamed. I thought Coldplay were on at 9.30 but I heard 99 problems at 9.10 or something like that. And i was like OMG OMG OMG OMG there it is.

And then back to the future. Tears were already coming. The moment I had been looking forward to for 9 months had finally arrived. At the first notes of MX a lot of tears were running down my face. The boys are here!!!

Hurts Like Heaven was next! Chris spoke french which is one of the sexiest things ever (yeah, i'm a fangirl... :p ) Then IMP, Buckin love, it was so freaking beautiful.

Then Major Minus and Chris' speech. Mostly in French AGAIN. That he was so happy to be here. 'je suis tres honoré...' awwwwh MM kicked ass. Woow. And we had to show our beautiful french hands. And also make some proper fuckin parisian noise!

(he swears a lot - bad boy - ^^)

Lovers in Japan. Gorgeous, beautiful. The balloons. And Chris' outro on the piano was so so so beautiful. The security man gave me some confetti, so nice!!

The Scientist. My handkerchief song. This song is just pure beauty. I can't describe it. Beyond words. And the ooooh ooooh bit at the end. Amazing.

Next was Yellow. The piano intro is just fantastic, so moving, so beautiful. And the song itself. Wonderful.

Violet hill. Was so powerful and beautiful. I love it so so much.

Then GPASUYF. Gaah this song is just pure power. Woooow.

PoC was very good actually. Rihanna did sing well in my opinion!! We got PoC twice. No idea why. Chris said this time we should make even more noise.Chris said "well that was fuckin amesome for me!!! " or something along those lines :)

Then UIF. It was so beautiful too.

And then DLIBYH. It was the first time i saw it live. Magical and the big heart balloons were amazing !

Viva. It was so huge and great. So many emotions!! The sing along was priceless !

Charlie Brown and the Xylobands. It looked just so freaking beautiful. I loved it so much.

Paradise was awesome. I really prefer it live. A huge sing along as well. You could tell Chris was happy to be there. ♥

Afterwards there was a little break. I knew they were on their way to the C stage. That was my moment ! I was so on fire. Omg the boys would be that near!!! The stage and all the stuff was being prepared by the roadies for the boys. And suddenly they came. 2-3 meters on my left. I was screaming my heart out.

Then Chris walked first onstage !! He was cheering, saying thank you. Oh boy he was two meters away from me. He's really even better looking in reality. He started UATW, so beautiful. The others were all standing there, waiting to come onstage. The next was Will. He got a big welcome. Jonny and Guy were the next. I was screaming their names like a mad person as each of them walked on stage. I had a backview. But they turned around, mostly Chris, but Will couldn't as he was on the piano :lol: . Chris looked into the audience. His happy face lit up and he smiled. And then he finally looked in our in MY direction. omg. I was screaming, waving at him and clapping. Just unbelievable.

Then SoS. Wooow such a beautiful acoustic version. Chris had to start again as he had fucked up the beginning. The mistake wasn't too obvious.

And there was a balloon coming towards the stage and bursted right in Will's face. That was so funny and Jonny and Guy laughed. Chris didn't notice it. The song was great. And Chris went to talk to Will and then Guy and Will left. Chris played the guitar a little bit with J. Aaaaand they left.

Then Clocks bursted. Waaah that song really has something. mamamamamadness by Muse during the song. Lol (some people say Matt Bellamy and Kate Hudson were there)

Then Fix You. I knew there was only one song left and I couldn't help but feel a little bit sad. Fix You was emotional and beautiful.

At one point, Chris also said that we would be filmed and that we're gonna look so great in the film.

After Fix You I thought 'okay now etiaw and then it's over'. But suddenly Chris said 'Would you please welcome the incredible -i don't know what he said exactly anymore- Of the United states of Barbados Robyn Rihanna Fenty !!' Rihanna! Again! Chris began to play on the piano. And I soon recognized Umbrella. It was kinda beautiful. She sang pretty well. But Chris' piano playing struck me. Astonishing... Then she left.

And then I thought ' Okay NOW ETIAW and over'. But Chris said :'now we have one more surprise, one more thing, we have two songs left, and the next it's for a tv show called stand up to cancer' and he described it. I really didn't expect that!!! They had already filmed it in Stockholm. He said they'd play Paradise again and if we could please make even more noise for this one and sing along. And then he said his tv text. And they played Paradise again. :)

Then it really was ETIAW's turn. It was wonderful. I didn't want them to gooooo. It had been so perfect. Chris said he thought it was their best crowd ever or something like that and he seemed so happy. He thanked us again!

Then they took a bow as always. Thanked the crowd and went away. It was over!

Yeah. I was astonished, stunned. I couldn't believe what I just experienced.

Oh yeah ! Chris dedicated one song to his cousin Anabel if I heard correctly :) I may have totally misunderstood it though.

I was kinda sad that we didn't get Warning Sign. I love that song sooo much ! But our concert was long and full of surprises and the crowd was great, I believe !

Sorry for the long review, and the episodes of fangirling. Hope you enjoy !! :D

Main stage:

085b5685.jpg

0e77f417.jpg

62bfe067.jpg

34e85d88.jpg

19693409.jpg

Confetti cannon & CP box

963e7017.jpg

That box is labelled "Abu Dhabi" but also "Stay in the UK" :| I am guessing it wasn't from the same time :lol:

X-stage:

36451274.jpg

fc94a6e8.jpg?t=1346686553

Hoppy on the X-stage

Marina & the Diamonds:

364e70df.jpg

417c5729.jpg

Camera

0c98082b.jpg

64dfa27b.jpg

Roadies

57527dda.jpg

Matt McGinn, roadie & rock star

d6d57cb6.jpg

Hoppy, roadie & rock star

bd214f85.jpg

Miller taking pictures (he took so many photos I don't know if all of them were for the panorama or not)

Concert

HLH:

8b8b50cd.jpg

f4e709d9.jpg

IMP:

12093754.jpg

b1468493.jpg

001ccea4.jpg

b57ff042.jpg

055777e1.jpg

7e218324.jpg

24c1a1e3.jpg

87ddb345.jpg

hehe :charming:

Between songs:

9dc31a4c.jpg

ARM :dazzled:

Major Minus:

9af97a79.jpg

Lovers in Japan:

f93ad0ec.jpg

7c8a69ee.jpg

8ba1bd40.jpg

97f6bb58.jpg

a196fbf7.jpg

708e6e65.jpg

3ae0b814.jpg

GPASUYF

a99a7064.jpg

Guy on his way to the C-stage

74d06c4f.jpg

PoC

b8472cb6.jpg

2d1d8123.jpg

ac04a348.jpg

Chris doing weird moves

dda2a05b.jpg

63362f2d.jpg

a4fa1d2d.jpg

0dff77ea.jpg

a51a47e4.jpg

4509d9c2.jpg

ddf5ee74.jpg

DLIBYH

90d74e32.jpg[/img]

6c264510.jpg

091694b2.jpg

Xylobands in action

92c36329.jpg

b1b79456.jpg

7cd0bc68.jpg

86bd1f8d.jpg

Paradise

5b84188d.jpg

eccf230a.jpg

6c308f8a.jpg

:dazzled:

C-stage

b8e8274d.jpg

Umbrella, Chris & Rihanna

bef21a09.jpg

4813cda2.jpg

Confetti everywhere, after the gig :cheesy:

c738398b.jpg

I got some confetti (thanks to the security guard who accepted to take some for me, after the concert :D, as I didn't receive a lot of them during it)

d6c84caa.jpg

So why didn't the play Warning Sign? It's on the setlist. And they changed the order of the last couple of songs.

THAT REALLY IS WEIRD!!! Why Coldplay? Why? :(

No idea. They probably had some sort of timeframe in mind and so ended up having to drop it?

And yeah, the order is out... I wonder if this has something to do with Rihanna though? That she took longer to change or something.

OH I really hope it's not the case :angry:

^ :lol::lol: You know what to do then :sneaky:

Amazing review Mara!!! :awesome:

Oh, and I just remembered thanks to you Mara when the boys took a bow at the end. Chris sat on the stage for like a minute. He looked like he had given everything and that he had spent a hell of an amazing night. He really looked happy. That was great :wacky:

Dear Oracle, you're wrong today!

September 3, 2012 - submitted by Mimi, Sweden

Q. Hey!!

Last week at the show in Sweden, Coldplay performed Paradise twice (to my delight) and said that the second performance would air on SU2C, which was so cool!!

But I just read online that they performed twice last night in Paris too, also for SU2C... Why is that? Please don't say that the Sweden show won't air?

The Oracle replies:

I think you are mistaken, Mimi. The band performed Princess of China twice last night - not Paradise. It wasn't for the same reason either.

What the hell, I thought Debs was supposed to be there last night.

^ :lol::lol: You know what to do then :sneaky:

Amazing review Mara!!! :awesome:

Oh, and I just remembered thanks to you Mara when the boys took a bow at the end. Chris sat on the stage for like a minute. He looked like he had given everything and that he had spent a hell of an amazing night. He really looked happy. That was great :wacky:

:awesome: :D

He did? Awwwwwwwwwwww !!!!! :dazzled:

What the hell, I thought Debs was supposed to be there last night.

True !! If she was, she must have fallen asleep or something...

Some food for thought that I don't think I posted last night:

DEBS WILD ‏@debswild

Rihanna joining Coldplay on stage in Paris should earn me secret keeping proficiency badge. I'm loyal me.

EDIT: Of course we all knew already, but it didn't come from her, so what else is she hiding, eh? ;)