✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Stade de France, Paris, France

Jenjie

"It wasn't for the same reason either." makes sense. It's probably not for Su2C but for the DVD/film.

That doesn't make sense. They used the same SU2C backgrounds pictures as in Stockholm, why would they want to use those for the DVD?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just won't know til the show airs, and til the DVD is released, or shortly before since things have a way of getting out. That's ok. I like surprises.:)

It was for Stand up to cancer, Chris said it. Maybe they just wanted to be able to choose between several performances, and they (Coldplay maybe) will pick the one they prefer for the show. That's my guess.

P1190729+copy.jpg

Coldplay @ Stade de France, Paris (02/09/2012)

Source: http://hypermusic-aliveen.blogspot.fr/2012/09/coldplay-stade-de-france-paris-02092012.html

Passing by the Stade de France Stadium with their tour, Coldplay delivered a concert that will remain forever etched in the annals, magnificent from the beginning to the end! The band's performance was there but it is mostly the atmosphere that broke records. Besides, on Twitter Phil Harvey, the fifth member of the band raved: "Paris - Loudest sexiest crowd of the whole tour. You're going to look so beautiful in the film. PH ». In fact, last night's concert was filmed for the creation of a DVD of the Mylo Xyloto Tour. We will thus be able to relive this wonderful evening very soon! Parallel to this, a Multicam DVD project made ​​by fans is being prepared, do not hesitate to participate by submitting videos. Have a look on the Facebook page created for the occasion!

P1190587+copy.jpg

P1190593+copy.jpg

While waiting for these DVDs, let's go back to this unforgettable evening with these few lines. Once again the opening act was Marina & The Diamonds. If you already have visited this blog, you probably know that this was not the first time I saw Marina. Her performance was a little bit different from those of Boston and Nice, including the presence of Hypocrates and Lies.

P1190596+copy.jpg

Just after Roadie # 42 took the photos that will form the panoramic picture of the concert (each night a panorama of the public is made and posted on Coldplay's website) 99 Problems by Jay-Z has sounded in the Stade de France, full of people, heralding the arrival of the band on stage.

P1190628+copy.jpg

P1190640+copy.jpg

All lights Off, Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy arrived and the stadium was immediately illuminated by the glowing wristbands given to the public. For the occasion, 160,000 Xylobands were distributed which means exceptionally two wristbands per person! Jason Regler, the inventor of these little wonders has to be proud because the depiction was breathtaking!

P1190610+copy.jpg

P1190635+copy.jpg

From the beginning of the concert things accelerated. Hurts Like Heaven, In My Place, Lovers in Japan ... Between butterflies, confetti, balloons and Xylobands the beginning of the concert announced the tone!

P1190717+copy.jpg

P1190653+copy.jpg

Just before Major Minus Chris Martin spoke in French to greet the audience « Nous sommes contents d’être ici avec vous, le meilleur public du monde » and then he continued in English « We’re gonna play the best fucking concert we’ve ever play in our lives… And I hope you can be the best audience in all time and have a great fucking time ». Some would say that he says the same thing every night but yesterday we could feel a hint of truth, and this was quickly confirmed.

The atmosphere was amazing, everyone sang, jumped, clapped non-stop, it was nice to see! The biggest fans had doubts, the surprise yesterday was the exceptional presence of Rihanna who played Princess of China with the band. All dates together, it was the first time this happened. The atmosphere then reaches its climax, we barely could hear Rihanna sing so the audience was singing and screaming!

I'm not a big fan of Rihanna but I loved it. So much better than when the song is performed with her on the big screens ! She was humble and discreet, almost shy to be the center of attention. We had a double dose as they performed the song twice!

P1190796+copy.jpg

P1190782+copy.jpg

After an intimate Up In Flames in the center of the stadium, the pace accelerated. First Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Viva La Vida. Coldplaycorner (the website of the French Coldplay fans) had planned a flashmob but in front of the general enthusiasm of the crowd for Viva La Vida, it could not be done. It's not a big deal, the main thing was to set fire to the stadium and that's what the audience did!

P1190802+copy.jpg

P1190812+copy.jpg

P1190822+copy.jpg

P1190838+copy.jpg

The Xylobands lighted up again on Charlie Brown and judging the reaction of the audience, this song is one of their favorites from Mylo Xyloto. Paradise also received a hero's welcome. But that night, I wonder what song did not triumph!

As usual the band went to visit the spectators at the back of the stadium for Us Against The World and an acoustic version of Speed ​​Of Sound.

P1190862+copy.jpg

Back on the main stage they performed Clocks by making a nod to the new single of Muse, Madness. There are rumors about the presence of Matthew Bellamy and his wife, Kate Hudson in the Stade de France! As a fan of Muse (and Coldplay), I can only be delighted!

P1190916+copy.jpg

After a masterful Fix You, Rihanna came back to sing an acoutic version of Umbrella with the band, helped by the audience who sang the chorus.

P1190887+copy.jpg

P1190905+copy.jpg

Then Chris Martin explained their participation in a U.S. TV show to fight against cancer with Paradise. So in addition to a double dose of Princess Of China, we had a double dose of Paradise, that night we really reached paradise! For the purposes of the TV show they chose to film Paradise in Paris, although it seems they have already attempted in Stockholm a few days ago.

The concert ended with Every Teardrop is A Waterfall which finished to set fire to the Stade de France! The stands have spent the concert standing, sign of the excellent atmosphere that evening. Chris Martin took a flag a fan was handing to him and wield it while the lyrics was: "So you can hurt, hurt me bad, but still I'll raise the flag."

P1190947+copy.jpg

P1190955+copy.jpg

Long and mutual thanks between the band and the audience ensued and the band left the Stade de France's stage. Thus ended an evening that many agree to say magnificent and unforgettable. I am pleased to have been a part it and really proud to be a Coldplayer. Did you were there ? Leave us your feedback in the comments !

P1190978+copy.jpg

P1190986+copy.jpg

Throughout the evening Coldplay provided a liveblog on their Tumblr with photos, videos and animations. Feel free to have a look at it to make the concert lasts. As usual, you can find my videos on Youtube and my best photos on Photobucket. My next and last appointment with the band is on sept 22nd in Hanover, it will be difficult to beat the Stade de France! Expect less pictures as I wanna enjoy the show from the begining to the end since it will be the last one in a while.

Here is the setlist:

Back to the Future Theme

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

In My Place

Major Minus

Lovers in Japan

The Scientist

Yellow

Violet Hill

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

X-Stage :

Princess of China with Rihanna

Princess of China (Again)

Up in Flames

A Hopeful Transmission

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Paradise

C-Stage:

Us Against the World

Speed of Sound

Encore 2:

Clocks (with snippet of 'Madness' by Muse)

Fix You

Umbrella Acoustique (Piano)

Paradise (Played again for a cancer charity)

M.M.I.X.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

(We heard the band rehearsaling 42 et Strawberry Swing but they weren't played)

P1190899+copy.jpg

P1190734+copy.jpg

P1190844+copy.jpg

P1190910+copy.jpg

http://hypermusic-aliveen.blogspot.fr/2012/09/coldplay-stade-de-france-paris-02092012.html

It was for Stand up to cancer, Chris said it. Maybe they just wanted to be able to choose between several performances, and they (Coldplay maybe) will pick the one they prefer for the show. That's my guess.

Yes. I meant we won't know what Debs might or might not be hiding. She's privy to a lot more info than The Oracle can share.

I had a look at all the pictures posted (I saved a lot of them :D), thank you for posting them !!! I also read your reviews and I feel like we've been part of something unique and unforgettable. I have been to a lot of Coldplay shows and last night was beyond all of them. Not that the band's performance was the best I've ever seen but because of the incredible atmosphere, that was breathtaking througout the whole show !! People screamed, sang really loud, jumped... WOW !!! It's gonna be hard to beat this one. I'll be going to Hannover on Sept 22nd, they'd better get ready !

I'm not a big fan of Rihanna but I was so GLAD she was there !! Princess of China was epic, we could barely hear Rihanna singing from where I was !

We heard the band rehearsing Strawberry Swing and 42 and Rihanna rehearsing Run This Town, I would have loved to see Strawberry Swing and Run This Town ! Anyway, I'm glad we had Princess of China and Paradise twice !! :D

I wrote a full review with pictures and videos on my blog if you want more of my feelings on the concert. It's available in English and French:

-English: http://hypermusic-aliveen.blogspot.fr/2012/09/coldplay-stade-de-france-paris-02092012.html

-French: http://hypermusic-alive.blogspot.com/2012/09/coldplay-paris-stade-de-france-02092012.html

I think you've already posted my videos so I'm just gonna share with you some of my best pictures. I am SO happy and proud of them !!! This weekend I took some time to read some tutorials in order to learn about how to take pictures during concerts and how to parametrize my camera and the result is beyond my expectations !! So here they are:

P1190587copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190610copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190628copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190635copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190653copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190655copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190717copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190734copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190782copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190796copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190812copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190817copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190822copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190838copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190843copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190850copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190864copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190887copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190899copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190905copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190924copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190953copy-BorderMaker.jpg

P1190986copy-BorderMaker.jpg

I love Will's face on that one, ahah !!

Here is the direct link of my Photobucket album: http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o497/HypermusicAlive/Coldplay%20at%20Paris%20Stade%20de%20France/

Thanks you all for your reviews and pics!!!

I didn't take a lot of pics yesterday (I prefered to enjoy the show) but I can share with you 2 pics:

baaa1ad1.jpg

dc48691e.jpg

Back on the main stage they performed Clocks by making a nod to the new single of Muse, Madness.

Are we sure that he really sang Madness?

After a masterful Fix You, Rihanna came back to sing an acoutic version of Umbrella with the band, helped by the audience who sang the chorus.

I don't like Rihanna but I have to confess that she has a beautiful voice and the version of Umbrella yesterday was so wonderful !

Leave us your feedback in the comments !

It was my best Coldplay gig!!! I can't describe how I feel, it was... WOW!!!

My next and last appointment with the band is on sept 22nd in Hanover, it will be difficult to beat the Stade de France!

Maybe I'll see you there ;)

I think she killed it!!!!! And her outfit is a complete opposite of Coldplay's theme...but somehow it works perfectly. Awesome performance!!!

I Can't Stand Her,But I Will Never Criticize Coldplay,They Know What They Are Doing,I Just Wish It Had Been Someone Who Doesn't Have To Undress To Sell Records.ALICIA KEYS Would Have Been Good,Although POC On The Album Is Very Good.

Does anyone have a pic of Will with an exploded ballon on his head during Speed of Sound? It took only few seconds but it was so funny and Guy and Jonny was laughing all the song after that!

Btw, at the end of Up In Flames, Will complained about something but I didn't heard anything...