✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Would Coldplayers like you more IRL, or less?

Prince Myshkin

What do you think?

Have you sculpted an online persona much more popular than you are in real life?

Or do you feel shackled by constant interactions online rather than truly open and honest free flowing discussion between two people that you don't get in a thread?

I guess this is ignoring private messages since there you are able to be yourself more and it is more just like a normal interaction without people looking in. Also, I'm talking about if we hadn't all met on Cping and just met randomly, I'm talking now you might know people online, if you were to meet them irl, would it be easier for you to be yourself now the ice is broken a little?

Or is your online persona a true representation of who you really are?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm much more talkative and outgoing online than I am IRL. Meeting new people is something that intimidates me, and therefore I'm much more quiet at first. After a person gets to know me for a while, then I'm more like how I am here, because I've grown to be comfortable around them.

Does this answer the question, or did I just ramble on for no reason?

I think people would like me more IRL. On the internet, I come off as rather bitchy and whiny. I see why this happens, because I just like to vent online about stuff I can't vent about IRL. :confused: ..IRL I'm more daring and quirky. Alot of people take what I say wrong on the internet because they didn't hear the way I said it, if that makes ANY sense. I think it's easy to take things out of context when they are said on the internet and not to someone's face. I would love to meet Cpers in real life, I just don't see it happening though. ....It would be great to go to a Coldplay concert with some other people that love them as much as I do! :)

I'm much more talkative and outgoing online than I am IRL. Meeting new people is something that intimidates me, and therefore I'm much more quiet at first. After a person gets to know me for a while, then I'm more like how I am here, because I've grown to be comfortable around them.

Same here. I'm really shy and quite IRL. But I talk a lot as soon as you get to know me. :laugh3:

I think I'm a bit crazier here, because I allow myself to be that weird/crazy/whatever I am, because it's a fansite, and I feel it's OK and completely normal to be like that here. I don't know if Coldplayers would like me in real life. I feel that apart from the level of weirdness/craziness, I'm pretty much the same.

I kinda feel more open here to talk about Coldplay, or other stuff, because I haven't met anyone in person, I don't know them from before I joined, so it's a bit like I've nothing to lose (in mean IRL, even if I love to come here, but you get my point :thinking: ).

It reminds me of the least predictable friendship I had with someone. We were in the same class and she was pretty much opposite to me (more of a party girl whereas I'm always considered a nerd), but she had always been nice to me, and one day our...French teacher I think told everyone to sit at one particular spot and I had to sit next to hers. And we became friends, meaning that we talked to each other about anything, especially things that we didn't feel comfortable saying to our friends. It was easier to open up for some reason, maybe because we feared no judgment, even though we love our own friends. We still had our own worlds, and we didn't interfere with the other one's.

This place feels a bit like that, and I honestly don't know how I would react if I'd meet another Coldplayer. I feel safe and comfortable here, and I have to admit that one reason is that there's no interfering with my real life.

But it would be awesome to meet someone from here. :awesome:

So, at the end of this very long post, which I apologize for, I don't know :|

I think about the same, except probably a lot nicer then some would imagine. I'm not shy, but I'm not sure how I'd react to meeting someone I know online (So actually Bradcock for me it would have the reverse effect of breaking the ice) like it would sound so silly talking about Lory out loud, I'd get over it though as I'd probably avoid talking about the forum.

I'd say it's a true representation, the sense of humour, I write how I talk.

I think I'm a bit crazier here, because I allow myself to be that weird/crazy/whatever I am, because it's a fansite, and I feel it's OK and completely normal to be like that here. I don't know if Coldplayers would like me in real life. I feel that apart from the level of weirdness/craziness, I'm pretty much the same.

I kinda feel more open here to talk about Coldplay, or other stuff, because I haven't met anyone in person, I don't know them from before I joined, so it's a bit like I've nothing to lose (in mean IRL, even if I love to come here, but you get my point :thinking: ).

It reminds me of the least predictable friendship I had with someone. We were in the same class and she was pretty much opposite to me (more of a party girl whereas I'm always considered a nerd), but she had always been nice to me, and one day our...French teacher I think told everyone to sit at one particular spot and I had to sit next to hers. And we became friends, meaning that we talked to each other about anything, especially things that we didn't feel comfortable saying to our friends. It was easier to open up for some reason, maybe because we feared no judgment, even though we love our own friends. We still had our own worlds, and we didn't interfere with the other one's.

This place feels a bit like that, and I honestly don't know how I would react if I'd meet another Coldplayer. I feel safe and comfortable here, and I have to admit that one reason is that there's no interfering with my real life.

But it would be awesome to meet someone from here. :awesome:

So, at the end of this very long post, which I apologize for, I don't know :|

Great point. :nod:

I'm kind of nervous to meet others from Coldplaying. Cause I 'talk' a lot here and seem very open, which i'm not that much in real life. :(

I'm going to meet ColdplayOlivia next year, I'm both really excited and nervous. :confused:

I don't know ... I've met a bunch of Coldplayers already and I can't say that the way we talk online now changed in any way, so I guess they still like me the same?! :shrug:

I expected everyone to like me less though because I can be incredibly shy ... but I somehow found it comforting to know beforehand that they like me online, because I'm not really that different irl once you get me to talk, haha.