✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 - Your Most Anticipated Albums

oldmuckers

Muse and Keane.

Hoping Keane would deliver with this one. Was quite disappointed with their last album.

Also heard that Mumford & Sons might release their second one this year. If it's true, that is one album I cannot wait for.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Oasis have some plans to release something posthumously. I don't know what it is, but if anything I don't already have I'll be buying that.:)

where did you read that? could be a second b-sides album (the first being The Masterplan) which would be nice. i don't see any original material being released... at least not yet.

where did you read that? could be a second b-sides album (the first being The Masterplan) which would be nice. i don't see any original material being released... at least not yet.

It's from a recent interview he did. Here's the bit:

Q: Can we expect any sort of archival Oasis releases; BBC Sessions, etc?

Noel replies: Oh yeah, I had a meeting about that the other day. Some s**t they wanna put out. Can’t tell you any more than that, though. There’s nothing in the vaults that you wouldn’t have heard already. There’s no unreleased stuff. Or there might be one song, in fact I know there’s one song, but Liam’s not singing it so it doesn’t really count.

So it looks like it's gonna be either demos, alternate takes, or live stuff. But at least one new song! Straight from the man himself. So yeah, can't wait to hear it.:)

Sigur Rós

Damien Rice (he can do no wrong)

Coldplay (hoping for an EP)

Radiohead (I think they'll release some singles/maybe an EP)

U2 (they're releasing 3 albums: LP, live album (U22) and some club/electronic stuff)

Depeche Mode (hitting the studio in March)

The National

Blur (it's been a long time since they released an LP)

The Stone Roses (same as Blur)

MGMT (I hope it's as good as their last effort)

Ólafur Arnalds

Muse

Myslovitz

The Killers

Jonny Greenwood and Krzysztof Penderecki (mainly because Penderecki is from my hometown)

A new U2 album has been speculated by even the band themselves for 3 years now, so I'll believe it when I see it. In terms of bands who we know will have material out by year's end:

- The Shins (Port of Morrow)

- Miike Snow (Happy to You)

- Regina Spektor (What We Saw from the Cheap Seats)

- The Temper Trap

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

- Muse

- Jack White

- Franz Ferdinand

- Grizzly Bear

- Local Natives

- Phoenix

- The xx